No announcement yet.

FORMULA D (FEEDBACK/RESULTS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't heard anything about the judging system. How did that go?
    And what happened to seigo? from the pics of his fd it looks like he was doing good

Comment

Thank you all for the props. That was a hell of a weekend. The track was very hard but everyone made it look easy. I feel I did good but i wanted to make the fans happy and take home the win. My hats off to Rhys, he knew I couldnt take the bank slow and that is how he got me. On that final round, as we went into the bank, since i was going slower then usually, I didnt have the speed to stay up on the bank. And once the front nose of the car hit the flat area of the track, it really messed up my line but it also hurt the car and i lost power. Not sure if you guys could hear the car but it wasnt running right when i was in front. We have 5 more rounds to go so keep watching, its going to be a good year for this sport.

Alex
      BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Great show, everyone did a awsome job. Rys and Alex were on fire and Casper was ""Great"". Good crowd and GREAT!!!!!!!!!!show. Formula D did a great Job and the JUDGING was Very Fair........................................could not ask for more....

Mack @ Mckinney Motorsports.

Comment

I had a great time both days. The transition was nuts and the mega suck organic clutch I was wrongly shipped the night before didnt hold for nothing but I still had an awesome time. Congrats to all teh winners and I'll see you all in Atlanta.

Damien
          Team Dunlop
          Empryean MotoImports

Comment

This was the first time I had been to a drift event since the very first D1 drivers search at Irwindale back in the day. I was really suprised at how much it had grown on the spectator side. At that first drivers search, there were barely enough people to cover the fence area where the cars were pitting. The stands in NJ were packed. It was cool to meet all the drivers and the rest of the team there, and I was quickly welcomed into the Team Falken family. Everyone from the big wigs down there was really down to earth, and did what ever was needed to help their cars. The Falken team is going to be a big part of this years competitions, and the Formula D setup ran smoothly and was well organized.

Tony's car is going to be just insane. After his first practice session, I don't think he stopped smiling for an hour. With a little bit more setup time and seat time, that FD is going to really be a threat to the competition It is good to see people like Tony get into really good cars. Chris's S15 was just insane, as well as Calvin's G35. The more I think about it, all their cars were really well done with alot of attention to detail. I expect to see all of the Team Falken drivers in the top 16 consistantly, as was apparent by how fast they took to their near new if not brand new cars.

Looks like I will be at alot more of these events with Team Falken, and after this past weekend, I can't wait for more! Thanks to everyone who made it all happen.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
              Thank you all for the props. That was a hell of a weekend. The track was very hard but everyone made it look easy. I feel I did good but i wanted to make the fans happy and take home the win. My hats off to Rhys, he knew I couldnt take the bank slow and that is how he got me. On that final round, as we went into the bank, since i was going slower then usually, I didnt have the speed to stay up on the bank. And once the front nose of the car hit the flat area of the track, it really messed up my line but it also hurt the car and i lost power. Not sure if you guys could hear the car but it wasnt running right when i was in front. We have 5 more rounds to go so keep watching, its going to be a good year for this sport.

Alex

Yea, I was there cheering for you Alex!!! I have video from that run and you can hear him lift, everything got REAL quiet, then he gets back on it. Smart? Maybe. Polite? maybe. I dunno, but congrats on a podium! Hopefully I'll throw my nerves out the car and qualify for Atlanta.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedMachine
                Tony's car is going to be just insane. After his first practice session, I don't think he stopped smiling for an hour.
                I bet I know why that is That car is FAST!! I was disappointed when he failed to quailfy, I really thought he would have atleast made the top 16, but I guess alot of us would have had the same results if it was our first time in the car I was impressed how he progressed in the few runs he got on friday, it really looks promising.

Comment

I remeber when Alex spun out, me and my friends were like, NOO!!!! We yelled out this yelp cause we were so desperate and we wanted to see it become so close that we would be there for hours. You and Rhys put a hell of a show on, everyone was standing up at the end. I was amazed at how well everyone did. Most people were expecting a crash but nothing happened. When Bourdant came out and his IS300 kept spinning, I was just thinking if he crashed. Well thats that and I think all the images I saw that day will be burned into my memory until the day I die. Good fortune to all the guys that competed and keep it coming. The way drifting seems to be going, its gonna be here for a long time. BUT STOP PLAYING RAP !!!

PS- Thanks for the autograph!!!!! Means alot from a fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Topics II
                    Its actually against the law to say bands like velvet revolver and pink floyd in the same sentence as dio and motorhead.
                    Forsberg is right, you will get shot in some parts of PA for such nonsense....

In case you were wondering, FD for me was a bit frustrating, we were having some motor issues with my new FD, and we were working on it thru half of practice, and only had time to set half the alignment to get it to make practice in time. The absolute first time i ever drove the car was right onto the track in NJ, just to put it lightly, the car is an absolute monster, the power is unreal, but the susp wasn't quite working right off the bat.. we will get it dialed this weekend, and i am very excited about the cars potential.(Forberg got his car dialed right off the bat, but his axles gave up in qualifying, which had to be super frustrating) This track was very unfriendly to most cars, and drivers.... Alex did great, and Rhys too. We will have to work very hard to knock them out of the next FD....... Stay tuned for ATL!!!!
                    -Don't forget the struggle. Don't forget the streets-

www.driftalliance.com
                    www.clubloose.com

Listen to Motley Crue

Comment

Also

Robbie Nishida is Awesome!!!, and Hubert, and Ryan, JR and Casper,Alex, were all amazing, it was a super fun event
                      -Don't forget the struggle. Don't forget the streets-

www.driftalliance.com
                      www.clubloose.com

Listen to Motley Crue

Comment

Tony must like me, he said my name twice!
                        BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Thanks FD,

I was blown away by the event! Every driver in this series has jumped up a few notches! Congrats to Rhys and Alex! Hopefully all the Falken cars will be up to par for Atlanta. Tony your car is a monster! All the drivers there impressed me. Hubert you suck for beating me!

Thanks!
                          Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

Yea it was a good show. Hope you guys come back next year, but seeing that your drivers and you apparently have some influence in the sport, PLEASE bring in some 80's records of like metal. If I go to another event with rap music, im gonna get all my records, bring em to the dj booth and load em up myself. Im sure theres alot of drifters that like rap but that dont mean thats all you should play. ONLY Rhys came out with Welcome to the Jungle and the crowd went nuts for him and the music. If there was rock the whole crowd would be chanting songs.

PS- I ONLY put those band names for refrence. If it was up to me it would be Metallica, Motorhead, and Dio.

Comment

Formula D in Dirty Jerzey was ridiculous. I would hate to be a driver this year, the competition is unreal. Best Tandem Runs Ever. I'll see you in Hotlanta.

Comment

tony's car takes off like a drag car, damn
                                http://www.driftmechaniks.com/video/...j/FD-NJ222.mpg

Comment

Working...
                                X