ESPN / Toyo Drift - 8/19, 20 & 21 in Indy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN / Toyo Drift - 8/19, 20 & 21 in Indy

This link details The Toyo Tires Drift Shootout - Part of the 12th Annual Toyo Tires Import and Truck Bash - taking place at Indianapolis Raceway Park the weekend of August 19th, 20th and 21st.

This event offers a purse ranging from $10,000.00 to $11,111.11 for pro participants as well as a top amateur prize of expenses to and entry into the upcoming D1 Driver's Search.

This event will be televised on ESPN2 and represents ESPN's first program dedicated exclusively to drift coverage.

Those interested in participating - either as pro or amateur drivers - are encouraged to register by printing the registration form from the site and faxing it to the event office.

Questions may be directed to the event director through the contact page.

Thank you for your interest.

this event is still on?!?!!?

we were told it was cancelled

Comment

This event was never cancelled.

Comment

Holy cow, I've never heard of this event. Sounds neat! I'm going to have to try and work some things out to make it. Is there is a deadline for entry?

Any other Formula D teams planning on attending? DA guys? Etc...?

Comment

Griff, I tried to call you and sent you a PM, if you could call me back when you get a chance. We would really like to come but have a couple questions about the event.

Thanks,
          Mike Peters
          www.bubbadrift.com

Comment

Deadline is the close of the last registration session according to the schedule on the site - currently Friday of the event at 11 am local time.

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm.

Comment

I didnt realize it paid that much, damn and there is an event I am going to on the 20th....

Comment

sweet, i'm there. do we need roll cages, or are street cars ok?

hi mikey and ali!

Comment

i hope its better organized then the "feeler" event haha. so griffy, am i allowed to compete, or am i still banned from the event.
                  Last edited by the riot hero; 08-11-2005, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Please see FAQ's for roll cage and other answers.

Comment

Originally posted by the riot hero
                      i hope its better organized then the "feeler" event haha. so griffy, am i allowed to compete, or am i still banned from the event.

Comment

Bad timing. FD final round is the weekend after. I wish I could have known about this earlier and arrange to go but it's a little too late now. It would be a lot better if the event is in September or the event would be in California.

Good luck and have fun for the people who are going!
                        Hubert Young
                        KORE 8 Films

Comment

i saw the faq page, thanks, it answered my frequently asked questions perfectly. THANKS!!

Comment

No problem ...

Thank you, everyone, for the overwhelming interest and response. My phone and email have been going insane since this post.

I'm sincerely sorry that the misinformation about the event being 'cancelled' was mistakenly put out there, but that's something that the event never stated. I encourage you to keep looking for a way to be at the event - it is certain to be one to remember.

I've updated the faq on the site to answer some of the most common questions people have been calling or emailing with.

Thank you again for your interest.

Comment

The FAQ has been updated to address questions regarding:

- late arrivals
                              - registration payment
                              - track safety

Also, a preliminary version of a radio spot promoting the event can be found at the audio link on the revised front page.

Finally, by clicking the event logo at the top of any page, you will return to the home page.
                              Last edited by GMA; 08-12-2005, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X