No announcement yet.

FORMULA D Qualifying Results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it will be competitive if it rains at all the formula d events.

He is an awsome driver, and im not pointing him out for anything,

Comment

Originally posted by Motdyn-Ls1fd
      And do you think that 90hp corolla will be competitive in formula d?
      How much HP does Taka have?

this course was tough. the conditions made it tougher. but the idea was to find the best of the best.

This was the very first drivers search that has been run for Formula D. I'm sure things will get better. And with a little cooperation from Mother Nature, we will have better conditions for future events.

Comment

I think that the drivers that got their license deserved it I also think that there were some other people there that deserved it also but because of circumstances either didnt get a chance to prove themselves or weren't on their best game I think the next event will be much better the first round of any series if you want to call it a round since its not really a series is always rocky and it will get better.

Comment

i think taka has like 200hp

and i think brainfood has said atleast 3 times that he wasnt on his game yesterday and didnt get to prove himself. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sdtouge
            i think taka has like 200hp

and i think brainfood has said atleast 3 times that he wasnt on his game yesterday and didnt get to prove himself. lol.
            I think it is closer to 150 at the wheels heh I dont think many people were

Comment

Well hp aside. a ton of people are pissed off from the event, pretty much everything about it was messed up, especially the organization.

This stupid event cost me over $1000 including food, gas, ect. To drive on a track that showcases nothing to do with any aspects of the formula d courses.
              How do you think jr would have done in that 700hp mustang out there? or any of the other guys with big cars?

Seemed like that course was about whos car doesnt understeer in the rain, and who has the most nimble car.

And as the judging goes, im not going to say *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* because i think most of those guys are awsome, chris, alex, taka, ben, etc. But i will be calling slip stream tomorrow about some issues other people noticed. Just to set things straight.

feel free to contact me personally if any of you have a problem, or want to add to the conversation i will be having with form d tomorrow.
              408-515-9598 Luke.

Comment

SO Whats the DEAL do the 5th to 10th place get a spot in SD qualifier ?

or was it up till 9th place ?

Comment

And do you think that 90hp corolla will be competitive in formula d?
                  YEP, I think it can be

--back to topic, my view of it is...some of the drivers who did well were able to ADAPT to the course and the conditions, which means good job/congrats to them! everyone had to deal with the stupid and unpredictable conditions....some could hang, and some didn't...why get mad about it? It's not like some people got more practice or more time on the course the day before or anyting like that.

I'm pretty sure that not having an abundancy of practice time had a lot to do trying with seeing who could find their line fastest and adapt to the course....just my take on it anyway
                  Last edited by cfrost; 01-16-2006, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RAM GARAGE
                    SO Whats the DEAL do the 5th to 10th place get a spot in SD qualifier ?

or was it up till 9th place ?
                    Keep in mind, they didn't have to do what they did.

they decided that given the conditions, they wanted to have a 2nd look at 6 drivers that they felt did DECENT, but didn't quite have enough to be given a liscense. They spoke with Richard from Formula D, and it was decided that those 6 drivers would have a 'reserved' spot at the next FD qualifying event they could make it to (which will most likely be San Diego). This decision was initiated by the judges, and I think it was a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                      Keep in mind, they didn't have to do what they did.

they decided that given the conditions, they wanted to have a 2nd look at 6 drivers that they felt did DECENT, but didn't quite have enough to be given a liscense. They spoke with Richard from Formula D, and it was decided that those 6 drivers would have a 'reserved' spot at the next FD qualifying event they could make it to (which will most likely be San Diego). This decision was initiated by the judges, and I think it was a good one.
                      cause i finshed 10th but was not told anything and for some reason i only heard that only up till 9th place had a sopt at SD ?
                      can someone clairfy this for me please lol thanks

Comment

from my point of view of yesterday, i think the judging was completely fair.
                        i think the people who got a license deserved it 100%. maybe they saw more angle, speed and stuff you didn't see from your point of view. they do setup the judging stand at key points for a reason. it doesn't matter if you weren't "on your game" it doesn't matter if the track conditions weren't optimal. they wouldn't reschedule and entire FD just for your personal reasons or for weather. i worked day and night getting my car that was a complete shell about 4 days before the event with a help of a few friends to the dyno and to the event. its not the weathers fault or the judges fault i didn't drive well enough to get a license. its my fault, life goes on ill try again and again.

as far as the track layout, i think it was a smart decision for them to run it as they did, running the bank and the traditional d1 style course would of resulted in more crashes especially due to the weather conditions. it was also good for the people who've never driven irwindale to have a fair advantage against the rest of the people who have. your car as well as you should be ready to accommodate anything that the track has to offer.

Comment

I think it was nice of the judges/ fd, to give the reserve spots as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RAM GARAGE
                            cause i finshed 10th but was not told anything and for some reason i only heard that only up till 9th place had a sopt at SD ?
                            can someone clairfy this for me please lol thanks
                            i heard them say the following 6 drivers had reserved spots... andy isn't very vocal with announcing results

i would call up the office on monday or tuesday and talk with Richard.

Comment

Maybe it will be competitive if it rains at all the formula d events.

He is an awsome driver, and im not pointing him out for anything,
                              Oh you think cause you have an LS1 you will be a great driver right?

Taka is not too far away from 100HP. Even Alex Pfiefer got his D1 license with his corolla.

Well hp aside. a ton of people are pissed off from the event, pretty much everything about it was messed up, especially the organization.

This stupid event cost me over $1000 including food, gas, ect. To drive on a track that showcases nothing to do with any aspects of the formula d courses.
                              How do you think jr would have done in that 700hp mustang out there? or any of the other guys with big cars?

Seemed like that course was about whos car doesnt understeer in the rain, and who has the most nimble car.

And as the judging goes, im not going to say *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* because i think most of those guys are awsome, chris, alex, taka, ben, etc. But i will be calling slip stream tomorrow about some issues other people noticed. Just to set things straight.

feel free to contact me personally if any of you have a problem, or want to add to the conversation i will be having with form d tomorrow.
                              408-515-9598 Luke.
                              I don't understand your excuses. The event can not start until 10AM. Taka has to 'test' the track layut for atleat 3 runs see if he could pull through which he did get a clean run. If J.R was to go out there for this qualifier he will eventually get it cause every good driver should be able to adapt on any track lay out.

If you think this "stupid" event cost too much then I suggest don't come out to Formula D events cause 1K for FD event is cheap.

Comment

It could rain at an FD event. It's just pure luck that it has not.

For our Drift Days it had never rained all until one event, and it was an awesome event, we didn't cancel it, and FD won't cancel. If it did rain there is a good chance that those big HP guys would have some problems, but then that corolla could very well win, and I'm sure Taka and lots of the other amateurs would have a better chance.

Mother nature is uncontrollable. So you can't take out your anger about that towards FD/DA, I am sure that whole rain thing screwed up thier original plans too, and there were probably people all over throwing out suggestions (DA officials, FD officials, judges, drivers) hence most of the confusion.

Comment

Working...
                                X