No announcement yet.

FORMULA D Qualifying Results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm working on uploading some vid... my pops was video taping... didn't get everyone's runs... kinda shakey on some runs, and a little commentary, i only put the crashes that he caught and the better of the runs.. should be uploaded in a little bit..

Comment

Click here to watch FD-Qualifier-quick-vid

alright, so i just threw this together, definately nothing special, i apologize about the shakey camera and commentary, it's from my pops handy cam... he didn't get everyone's runs and i only put the better of the runs captured as well as the crashes he got... but hey, at least it's something.. oh and i didn't really feel like editing it all nice like... so anyway.. there it is..

Comment

Originally posted by boostinmys5
        Click here to watch FD-Qualifier-quick-vid

alright, so i just threw this together, definately nothing special, i apologize about the shakey camera and commentary, it's from my pops handy cam... he didn't get everyone's runs and i only put the better of the runs captured as well as the crashes he got... but hey, at least it's something.. oh and i didn't really feel like editing it all nice like... so anyway.. there it is..

Cool video! Everyone looked good

Comment

thanks, but thats because i only put the decent runs that were caught on the film... there was about 30 min of spins, but i didn't think anyone would want to see those.... the vid doesn't really do the event justice... it was overall pretty weaksauce, myself included... :edit: not meaning the conditions of the track or anything like that... but more so driving overall... it was very obvious who deserved it and was better at adapting to the conditions on that given day..
          Last edited by boostinmys5; 01-17-2006, 02:19 PM.

Comment

They should hold all the FD events in the rain.

Comment

Yea that would be awsome.

Comment

Well in my humble opinion drifting in the rain shows a greater range of driver skill and car control. It would also give us an idea of which FD drivers practice in adverse weather (maybe on the mountains or streets) compared to drivers that only go out in perfect conditions or whatever. I guess I'm the kind of guy that prefers the adverse weather, long slides, and tires that never blow up. I give respect to drivers that can do both good.

Comment

hmm
                  after practice i was thinking lance, quoc, brian norris and some people i wasnt familiar with

so what happened to quoc?

Comment

Congrats Hampshaaaaaaa - You are a stone cold killer with a mix of ice water and beer running through your veins.

This was the worst thread to read through.

Comment

OH NO, RAIN!

Everybody cancel drifting.

wahh wahhh.

Comment

Well, thanks to this weekend, I need a new car due to frame damage (I just got back from getting an estimate). So I guess I'll be deciding on an S13 or S14....... anyone wanna buy my Evo?

Comment

I have recently been informed that what i had posted here has been missunderstood and some have taken it personally. Please let me try to set this straight for everyones sake.

When i said i felt the event was disorganized it was not pointing the blame at anyone associated with fd/dday. I just felt overall that curve balls were being thrown at them by the track. Such as when they told the staff the event had to be cut short an hour. I spoke with moto at the event numerous times, and the only confusion about the event operations seemed to have been a result of irwindale.

As for the people that qualified. I believe they were the best choices, and they were def on their a game. I liked how hiro came from hitting the wall, to pulling it off with a car that had the allignment settings changed from the impact.

I truely did'nt believe that i should have quald, because i wasnt being consistant that day, my setup was crappy for the rain, and i found out that i cant really drive that car in the rain. It was really interesting seeing how the FD reacts in the wet conditions, as i had never driven one in the rain.

As for the Judging, I thought everyone they picked was the right choice. I have spoken with alex, chris, taka, ben, many times before and they never once made me think that they would judge improperly.

The only thing i wanted to ask dday about was some questions my friends had regarding their scores, which they thought wasnt right.

A dday representative called me yesterday, and nicely cleared everything up. It was confusion on my friends part, and what i was led to believe.

Other then that im sorry if i upset any of the drivers that qualified, didnt qualify, or any of the officials. I actually had a fun time at the event, and i will make sure to be more specific in the future. That way no one gets the wrong impression.

Luke

Comment

Don't want to piss off sponsors with bad internet conduct.

Comment

Well i think it was a missunderstanding over anything else.

Comment

I just wanted to clear up some things as well about the event.
                                First was the time issue, the track did not allow us to start untill 10 because they have a sound restriction on when cars are able to run. They also shortened the time we had to run so they didnt have to turn on the lights. But be thankfull that we where able to run at irwindale, they where the ones who set up the track event for us.

Unfortunatly the judges where not at the drivers meeting because at 10, we wanted to test the track and have it setup the best we could. Many of you know how short the track was this time. We felt that running the normal configuration (FD coarse layout) would give the local competitors too much of an advantage as they have had lots of practice at it. So the original layout for the track was similar to the first RS*R drift festival or the first DriftShowoff run inside irwindale, which would have been half the bank, then droping into the infield back towards the wall, then a couple a switch backs. The day before the event we where out there and was informed that rain was forcasted for the competition day.

Many of you know but more importantly, many of you dont know how slippery the infield area is. It has been resurfaced recently and is like trying to drive on an ice scating ring. It would be unfare to ask anyone to attempt drifting on that surface in the rain. So the track layout was based on what we had left of the track to run on next to the spectators, which was the end of the bank and the front straight.

It did kinda suck that the track was tight, but it was also very technical which did make it a good coarse to find drivers that not only drive sideways, but can adapt to the situation. Not all coarses will fit your car or your style of driving.

For the drivers, this was a good opertunity to separet yourself and become a top drifter rather then an average drifter. Taka did run the track in the morning and set the bar. Being a top drifter means you must beable to run no matter the situation, and he showed you what a top level driver is expected to do. I'm sorry for putting him on the spot by making him run infront of everyone but I wanted the drivers to see that this track was not undriftable but that within a few runs, a top drifter will beable to make this track layout very exciting. Its just too bad no one has his runs on film. That way it would be easy to explain what was a good run and what was average. You could definetly see a difference and the 4 people who got thier licences, it was clear they deserved it.

The next 6 people on the list have spots saved for them at san diego. This is because there are only 30 or so spots available. The track will be a small one again so please dont show up expecting to run 4th gear. I have talked to a few people about this but if you want a licence, you may want to consider going to texas in febuary for the second event.

Also, on a side note. Once these qualifying events are over, these events will turn into thier own competition. We are working on the details but are trying to give you all someplace to compete, more of a stepping stone before the pro level. There has even been a suggestion of adding a FWD amature class to add some variety to the mix. I know its not the same, and many call it a$$ dragging, but there are some impressive guys out there that have some skill and need a place to compete as well.
                                Last edited by AlexPfeiffer; 01-17-2006, 08:59 PM.
                                BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Working...
                                X