• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats to all that made it.

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost
      YEP, I think it can be

--back to topic, my view of it is...some of the drivers who did well were able to ADAPT to the course and the conditions, which means good job/congrats to them! everyone had to deal with the stupid and unpredictable conditions....some could hang, and some didn't...why get mad about it? It's not like some people got more practice or more time on the course the day before or anyting like that.

I'm pretty sure that not having an abundancy of practice time had a lot to do trying with seeing who could find their line fastest and adapt to the course....just my take on it anyway
      i totally agree with frostypoo here... the guys that got their licenses killed it all day long... they would have gotten it if it was rain OR shine... i myself was really dissappointed in my own driving... but the only person to blame is myself... i didn't adapt to the conditions as well as others, but i also learned a lot... i do need to work on my car (no comments from the peanut gallery.. i know i tapped the wall.. and ripped off my bumper.. ) as well as my driving in adverse conditions... i could have definately used more angle on saturday, as many of the 240's out there could pull themselves out of a spin (damn nissan angle..) but i was obviously having problems with that... so that's something i'll work on... i think if it was dry i could have had a better showing, but it wasn't and i didn't so i have to work harder for the next time around...

the only thing i didn't really understand is how's the san diego qualifier's going to be run? is it an invite only type of thing, or is it still open for registration? from the sounds of it, it seemed like it was going to be invite only...??? does anyone have any input on this? i know i'll be going to as many events possible before now and then to work on my driving... because as i'm sure many others that attended this weekends qualifier, i want another chance...

Comment

oh and just for the record, taka's car is i believe 196hp... but as most everyone knows drifting is about 20% car and 80% driver.... so excuses are just that... excuses... i could say the reason i hit the wall was because it was raining... or i could be real and say i didn't initiate my drift at the right time...took the wrong line and put my car into the wall... it was a driver error... one i hope not to make again, and fortunately it wasn't as bad as other driver errors.... actually i was just trying to follow taka's exhibition line.. i only missed it by about a meter.. oh wait we're in the U.S. i mean 3 feet...

Comment

so where are some pics/videos, i wanna see this evil course from satan everyone keeps whining about.

id also like a double cheese whamburger to go with the free french cries in this thread.

but seriously, pics/vids. im running out of internet while doing other stuff.

and congrats to the guys that made it.

Comment

I agree it was my fault I didnt get my license I didnt deserve it but I think in other circustances there were drivers there that would especially if it was run at full speed. But that is just speculation because it wasnt and prob. for good reason. I posted my comments because I was a lot more comfortable in 3rd gear on the bank in the rain then trying to slow down to 5mph accross that damn start finish line in the rain. It was really bad no car feedback at all and no control over that line. I dont think anyone ever said that the drivers who got their license didnt deserve it they def. did they made the best of a bad situation and shined. I on the other hand was frustrated and couldnt get a clean line. My mistake, but what people were bitching about wasnt not getting their license it was how the event was run it was very disorganized and anyone at either drivers meeting or anywhere near the event could tell and for a "Professional Feeder Series" one would expect to go to a proffesionally run event especially for the $180. Like I said before it was the first event and I am sure the next ones will be better I just hope that the drivers that had a bad day or couldnt get their line in these conditions arent left out of the years events because Qualcomm is invite only and as far as I know there are no other qualifiers scheduled. Now if there is going to be a "drivers search" before each event like d1 then great but there has been no real info about the license or the series released yet so all the drivers that are giving it everything they have to come out and try to make a name for themselves are in the dark.

Comment

the next FD qualifier is in houston on feb 18. nobody is in the dark as this has been known for a while.

anyone wanting to come also check out www.houston240sx.com/forums if you need a place to hang out/crash/whatever if you plan on coming.

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood
                I agree it was my fault I didnt get my license I didnt deserve it but I think in other circustances there were drivers there that would especially if it was run at full speed. But that is just speculation because it wasnt and prob. for good reason. I posted my comments because I was a lot more comfortable in 3rd gear on the bank in the rain then trying to slow down to 5mph accross that damn start finish line in the rain. It was really bad no car feedback at all and no control over that line. I dont think anyone ever said that the drivers who got their license didnt deserve it they def. did they made the best of a bad situation and shined. I on the other hand was frustrated and couldnt get a clean line. My mistake, but what people were bitching about wasnt not getting their license it was how the event was run it was very disorganized and anyone at either drivers meeting or anywhere near the event could tell and for a "Professional Feeder Series" one would expect to go to a proffesionally run event especially for the $180. Like I said before it was the first event and I am sure the next ones will be better I just hope that the drivers that had a bad day or couldnt get their line in these conditions arent left out of the years events because Qualcomm is invite only and as far as I know there are no other qualifiers scheduled. Now if there is going to be a "drivers search" before each event like d1 then great but there has been no real info about the license or the series released yet so all the drivers that are giving it everything they have to come out and try to make a name for themselves are in the dark.
                I dont think San Diego is an invite event only.

They gave 5-10th place a secure spot. Meaning they have a spot secured... You can still sign up once the registration is up.

Comment

Originally posted by boostinmys5
                  the only thing i didn't really understand is how's the san diego qualifier's going to be run? is it an invite only type of thing, or is it still open for registration? from the sounds of it, it seemed like it was going to be invite only...??? does anyone have any input on this? i know i'll be going to as many events possible before now and then to work on my driving... because as i'm sure many others that attended this weekends qualifier, i want another chance...
                  from what I understand, san diego is open to anyone (just like this event was), but those 6 drivers have a spot reserved for them should they want it.

Comment

many drivers out there... well lets just say acted as tho it was there first drift event ever... you could tell the good drivers from the ok and and the bad from the good simply put.. not to put anyone down drifting is diffiuclt in the rain especially to be consistent with inconsistent weather but it definately shows whos the better driver and that course was difficult coming off a bank in 3rd then slowing down to like 10 mph doing a big donut up the bank/str8 and back down u had to control ur momentum otherwise ur *Censored**Censored**Censored* just went filying off course on understeered and couldnt make it props to everyone out there tho it still looked fun even with rain i think there was one or 2 cars out there without LSd or VLSD... hope to see everyone at qualcomm im hopeful to be running there

Comment

Al Stfu. Im a good driver without the ls1, and im not making any excuses. I shouldnt of quald on saturday. My runs were too inconsistent. I would like to have seen you drive my fd that day then maybe you would know what im talking about.

Originally posted by .Al
                      Oh you think cause you have an LS1 you will be a great driver right?

Taka is not too far away from 100HP. Even Alex Pfiefer got his D1 license with his corolla.

I don't understand your excuses. The event can not start until 10AM. Taka has to 'test' the track layut for atleat 3 runs see if he could pull through which he did get a clean run. If J.R was to go out there for this qualifier he will eventually get it cause every good driver should be able to adapt on any track lay out.

If you think this "stupid" event cost too much then I suggest don't come out to Formula D events cause 1K for FD event is cheap.

Comment

everyone loves each other, lets put some manloveaise on our whamburgers before this thread gets too out of hand.

oh yeah, and ameenit owes me five dollars for eating a whole big pack of krystal burgers, and now i want more of those tiny burgers, but they are like 45 minutes away

now post pics videos, and everyone chill out! lol

Comment

You sound hungry Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
                            everyone loves each other, lets put some manloveaise on our whamburgers before this thread gets too out of hand.

oh yeah, and ameenit owes me five dollars for eating a whole big pack of krystal burgers, and now i want more of those tiny burgers, but they are like 45 minutes away

now post pics videos, and everyone chill out! lol
                            yeah, less talk and more pics and videos

Comment

Originally posted by Motdyn-Ls1fd
                              Al Stfu. Im a good driver without the ls1, and im not making any excuses. I shouldnt of quald on saturday. My runs were too inconsistent. I would like to have seen you drive my fd that day then maybe you would know what im talking about.

why are you calling slipstream?

Comment

To speak with richard.

About the sd event details.

Comment

Working...
                                X