This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
    Yea theres others but junkie quality pics...hmm I like the first white one..but like you mention before about the chasis...it has a sunroof...but putting in a roll cage would fix that wouldn't it??
    Roll cages help, but are you going to put it right in just like that? Sunroof is alright, you can have a removable type like one of the S13's that Signal has. It has a sunroof that they take off. Just remember most don't and the blacktop looks really nice on anything. No biggie, it doesn't make that much difference. The difference is in your tie bars and suspension mainly. Tie bars are a must!

Comment

Yea I've seen the kougichi, I believe it was on a dvd....Well my bf can do the wielding and such...just need to buy scrap metal right..can't be that expensive?
      Your BF better know what he's doing. Unless he's done one before you're okay, but if you think anyone can weld? (and make it look good and usefull) But yeah, roll cages are sometimes $$$. Work on the basics. Rome wasn't built in a day. And what DVD did you see him on? Was it @ Drift Showoff?

Comment

So the sunroof in the white car wouldn't make much of a difference??

Comment

So the sunroof in the white car wouldn't make much of a difference??
          Like i said, worry about the stuff that affects the car more. Tie bars are going to be a bigger player in chassis dynamics than a sunroof.

Comment

Yea he doesn't think is weilding is the best yet..but hes getting more practice, and trying to figure out whats the best areas to weild it together... The DVD was...a combination of sorts...it was dubbed with a japanese chick being the interviewer...it had drag racing on it, streeting racing, street drifting, and then the end had car shows....the cover from what i remember had some kind of night scene...since I can't think of the name....

Comment

Okay dokie....sounds like a plan to me...

Comment

s13 is a chassis code, which 180sx have, thus rs13 for 89-90 180sx and rps13 for 91-98 180sx, also 91 plus 180sx or ps13's(silvia) had sr20det , both 180sx and silvia below 91 had ca18det(1.8l). all superhicas, i believe, had sunroofs. no s13's had abs except hicas edition. sunroofs won't matter unless you are going to be hardcore drifting, autox, etc. if you search, many hardcore drifters do have sunroofs, it is all personal preference. s14's 95-98. not hatch. jdm s14 had sr20det with 220hp. s15 had 250 hp with 6 speed tranny. many drifters change the tranny for s14 5 speed. 6 speed tranny has close ratio and not good for drifting. another option is to do an rb swap. i would do more research, on s13, s14, etc. also check other 240 related websites.

http://www.240sxforums.com

Comment

Thanks for the info...I just joined that forum, so I'll post there as well.

Comment

yes.. join 240sx forums

freshalloy.com <-- technical
                    zilvia.net <-- great place to chill (cool people)
                    240sxforums.com
                    nico

Comment

man this is terrible. Let me clean up some of this post cause it's full of lots of bad info. I'll just go into basics and HOPEFULLY you will avoid some misleading info from EvilEwok and AllMotorKing

US 240sx
                      89-90 = S13, coupe and hatchback, KA24E
                      91-93 = S13, coupe and hatchback, KA24DE
                      94 = S13, convertable, KA24DE. All autos.
                      95-96 = S14, coupe only, rounder type headlights KA24DE
                      98 240sx = S14 coupe only, more agressive headlights KA24DE

240sx = 2.4L

S13 hatchback in japan was known as the 180sx. The early years where we got KA24E, for them they got CA18DET.

180sx = 1.8L Turbo (CA18)

Later, they got the SR20DET and were produced until 1998 I think. They made minor appearance change in 96.5 in Japan, although our hatchback model was only available til 1993.

Silvias were the coupes. The early coupes were powered by CA18 also. In the US, our coupes got the popup headlights. Some people call it one-via since its a combination 180sx and Silvia. 1Via. They switched over to SR20DET later and it has been the powerplant since, with small variations making each version of the SR20DET different. But all practically the same. The S15 SR20DET has a 6-speed, which isnt very durable. People in Japan often just swap the tranny to 5-speed again cause those were more durable.

Japan 180sx (hatchback)
                      88-89 CA18 S13 model, Zenki, aka pignose for its bumper
                      90-96 SR20 S13 model, Chuki, new front bumper
                      96.5-98? SR20 S13 model, Kouki, new tail lights and ground effects

Also, some parts of the world got the 180sx and Silvia, both in CA18 or SR20 version. They are called 200sx depending on where you are at. Of course, 200sx here practically means Sentra.

Japan Silvia
                      88-89 = S13, coupe CA18DET
                      90-93 = S13 coupe, SR20
                      94-95 = S14 roundeye coupe, SR20
                      96-98 = S14 shark eye coupe, SR20, minor change aka kouki model
                      99-01 = S15 silvia coupe, SR20, 6-speed introduce, also available in Varietta form, although those only came in NA

All of these cars in Japan came out a year earlier, so thier CA18 cars (our KA24E cars) were 88-89, then went SR20 (ours went KA24DE) in 90+. Also thier early S14 was a 94 model whereas ours started in 95. They got no S13 convertable of any sort, however there were custom shops that do that conversion. The chassis isnt as strong so its not suitable for any kind of competetive driving.

We get no Silvias or 180SX in the US so people who just call them that are nerds who think thier car is more special by using the JDM names.

Also, Koguchi's red car is an SR20DET. That means turbo. It is NOT NA. hell, none of his cars are NA. Theres a misprint on Drifting Magazine too as it lists it as a CA18. That's also wrong so if you are some kind of magazine racer who gets thier knowledge from that, that's a typo.

Comment

minor typo*
                        97-98 240sx = S14 coupe only, more agressive headlights KA24DE

and turboing a KA isnt a good idea for anyone thinking about it. They werent made to handle it, and you would spend the same amount of cash making it reliable as you could just swapping an SR20 in. Most people are stubborn and say yeah but you get more torque, yada yada. Those guys go through engines. Ask anyone who's done both and they'll tell you the SR20 is better than turboing a KA.

Comment

NOTE ON THE MOTOR ABOVE

SR20's have the intake manifold on the left side of the engine and the exhaust on the other. Koguchi's motor was not an SR20 as you can tell by the reverse of the intake exhaust setup. The intake is on the right side of the motor and the exhaust is on the left. (The view is when you're standing in front of the motor looking at it).

So is that an SR20? No it isn't

Comment

Firstly, I don't know any 350rwhp NA 180sx that were drifting that day. If you saw it in person, which I did, you would know for sure it was not NA. But since you don't agree with me then I'll have to give you the proof you ask for. By the way, the right side where the filter is has a pipe connected to that filter. You can see it bends down. Guess where that leads to? The turbo. It's under that non existant piping you talk of. Of course, I don't have any pictures to show you of that, as I only have my recollection of what went on that day, and since you used other peoples pics as evidence, I am limited to pictures of what they took. But here's some photo evidence for you that should shut you up:

You can see the intercooler here. Who's the fool now?

Comment

Okay, first of all I did take those pictures, second of all, I told you if I was wrong, that I would take my mistake and agree with you and bow down. But don't *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*en tell me that I didn't take those pixes because that show "Drift Showoff" was held by Mainstream and On the Scene Video Magazine, and I work for Livesockets which owns On the Scene, so don't sit here and tell me that i'm fake.

You got beef? Email it up @ QUOC@livesockets.com. see my name QUoc? yes, I TOOK THOSE PHOTOS

Comment

Not hating you man, just saying, if someone is wrong, prove them wrong, but don't sit there and call them names. I take it you were right on this one and I didn't look closely at the motor and thought it was NA. Don't hate fellow drifters.

Comment

Working...
                                X