Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I didn't know it was YOU who took the pictures because you didn't make any indication of that or I missed it. That was never the issue, so there is no "beef". But this isnt a post about whether you took pictures of it or not. As far as you, the photographer was concerned, I was merely pointing out to some stranger on a message board that Koguchi's car was a turbo, not NA. So that settles that. Ok? Don't need to get bent out of shape sir

Comment

I called people who pulled thier information off a misprint on a magazine a magazine racer. You used your eyes and you were wrong, but there was no name calling.

I wasn't the one who opened a post with Hey Faggot

Comment

by the way, please dont jump the conclusion I was saying that you didnt take those pics. I can see in your sig who the picture is by, but alot of people use pictures in thier sigs that arent really thiers, so it's hard to say. I just posted a pic from Modified.com, although you wouldn't assume I'm from there would you?

Thats all

Comment

Alright cool. my bad

Comment

yea im almost 15 and jobless and no very little about cars. I need help on this subject also. where i live no one here has an import all it is is fords and dodges. can you get me the specs of a nissan silvia S14? anyone?

Comment

240hp on that model of sr20, they weigh 2800, and lets see they have 230lbs of torque correct me if i am wrong guys, but american model has 160 hp and 150lbs of torque, has a ka24de , best swap IMO is a ka24det 300hp but it will run u 3k easy, rb26dett if u have the cash haha, but ya

Comment

Haha.. Koguchi's car is non-turbo.. indeed!
                Attached Files

Comment

lol, koguchi's 180sx comes stock with a Ca18DET, the "T" stands for turbo, meaning it comes stock with a turbo on a 1.8l engine, why would he UN-turbo the engine?! all you would get outta that is a engine with the displacement of a integra type-r engine, except ALOT heavier

Comment

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
                    lol, koguchi's 180sx comes stock with a Ca18DET, the "T" stands for turbo, meaning it comes stock with a turbo on a 1.8l engine, why would he UN-turbo the engine?! all you would get outta that is a engine with the displacement of a integra type-r engine, except ALOT heavier
                    Sighs...

CA18DET

SR20DET

Koguchi = SR20DET

Comment

This has all been very imformative guys...thanks for laying down the facts. Was there really an USA manufactured 240sx? Whatcha guys talking about, that there was a 240sx manufactured in US before S14's...or was it S15's?

As for me guys I would like some advice. If I was looking for a S13 SR20DET, years 90-93 I belive you guys said, it would only be a JDM correct? Why are there US cars made same model with a smaller motor? Were these cars manufactured in US or manufactured in JP to come to US for sales? what up guys! help me!

Comment

I meant comes stock, not has one now, the person first called it a Ca18 non turbo, i know it is a sr!

Comment

hm

Alright, to lay the lines the american version was the 240, there never really was a 240 in japan, its always been Silvia, in the late 80s there were two 240sx models, the fast back, and the 2dr sedan. In japan, the fastback was known as the 180sx. As in the name it was powered by a 1.8l known as the ca18det. Now, the other model (2dr sedan) was the S13 Silvia. Which was powered by an early version of the sr20det. After that came the next model in the 240 in america, which were the S14 Kouki, and Zenki Silvias in japan. Up until 98 in america they produced these, and in japan it was 1.99 I think (right when they released the GT-R as well) they released the S15 silvia. Which was powered by the ultimate blacktop sr20det with a 6spd tranny. Koguchi's 180sx right now is an sr20det, if you dont believe me go pick up a July Issue of Sport Compact Car where they have the stats on both koguchis sr20det 180 and Mr. Yamaotos Toyota JZX100 Chaser which runs a 2jz .

Comment

Blah

The reason that nissan didnt really put in the sr20det and just claim it the s13 for america is that we didnt have a real big notion about Nissans performance line over in japan. So they thought that they needed a new engine, slightly bigger than the sr20 to make up for the power. So the ka24de was created. Its basically an all american engine. And they had just released the new 300zx (fairlady z) into the states so they were thinking with a TT on the list they would have gotten more than enough recognition by that step.

Comment

i don't think the Ka24 waas made for the 240sx though, i think it was origionally a truck engine that they just kinda dumped in there

Comment

Yup

It was in the early Hardbodys, but it was a different 24, it wasnt the ka24de

Comment

Working...
                                X