USA Touge on highway on/off ramp circuits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Touge on highway on/off ramp circuits

I have been exploring the cloverleafs near my area and have found some very interesting prospects.

Mind this is touge I am talking about, thought drifting is of course allowed as well!

Let me know what you think of these configurations--these are generally areas where in a decent stock Camry, for example, one would be considered good if accomplished at an average speed of 45 MPH. Exits marked at 25 MPH, and continuous loop where each circuit takes the driver through a full 1080 degrees of direction change.

Short but sweet, as I like to call 'em:

Look like fun, eh?

Single car comps only, pure touge in terms of time gained/lost. Low danger, low focus of law enforcement (I would think), high risk of ARMCO contact if pushing too hard.

What do you think?

Originally posted by TougeOfficiel View Post
    I have been exploring the cloverleafs near my area and have found some very interesting prospects.

Mind this is touge I am talking about, thought drifting is of course allowed as well!

Let me know what you think of these configurations--these are generally areas where in a decent stock Camry, for example, one would be considered good if accomplished at an average speed of 45 MPH. Exits marked at 25 MPH, and continuous loop where each circuit takes the driver through a full 1080 degrees of direction change.

Single car comps only, pure touge in terms of time gained/lost. Low danger, low focus of law enforcement (I would think), high risk of ARMCO contact if pushing too hard.

What do you think?
    I think you are BEGGING to get flamed more than a marshmellow at a camp fire.

You're talking about "togue" racing on freeway ramps in a stock Camry?

I appreciate your honesty so I won't rip on you but if were you..since this is your first post..I wouldn't come back to this thread again..and I'd never log on to that user name again..make a new accout with a new name and pretend you dont know who the heck "TogueOfficiel" is!

TRUST ME

Comment

Yeah epic fail, stay way out of populated places if you have to use the street at all.

Comment

Touge means mountain roads. Not freeway off ramps / on ramps.

Buzzwords ftl.

Comment

stop your car hobby. now.

Comment

I am the Freeway Touge MASTER. No one can touch me. Don't come crying to me just because you don't have the creativity or the sack to put your handling to the test in my world.

I EAT BABIES LIKE YOU FOR BREAKFAST.

Comment

OK, now that we've gotten that out of the way,

I gave the figure for a stock Camry because I imagine that's an easier reference point than "my Camry with a TRD RSB on 'track' setting, KYB shocks, etc."

When you say stay away from populated areas, please tell me why.

Is there a word that describes driving fast on twisty roads that are not on mountains? What word describes "tougeing" in non-tougelike places? Is there such a word?

I just want to add that an on/off ramp is a great way to safely go to ~90% of the handling limit of the car. Since it's constant and repeatable, you can try different things incrementally, changing only one thing at a time, and learn by repetition and small changes.

This is not an activity that's done when there's anywhere near the the amount of traffic depicted.

Comment

I tried to help you dude...I really did!

Comment

Stay off populated public roads, not only are you easy to find, but your putting others at risk. Take some time to search out a nice chunk of pavement away from people and expensive objects, get some cones and learn to drive fast that way. Attend local auto-x events, lapping days and drift instructional days. Don't be lazy, and don't drive like an idiot. Two hands on the wheel, keep from resting your wrist on top of the center of the steering wheel, the car is automatic you don't need your hand on the shifter and the seat was never meant to drive in such a reclined position.

Comment

When you say stay away from populated areas, please tell me why.
                    Because it's dangerous and you might get somebody hurt.

That's why there are track days you can join to do it in a controlled and safe environment that is "constant and repeatable" so you can go not 90%, but 100% or even 150%. IT'S MEANINGLESS to brag about how many miles an hour you can go on a on/off ramp. Lap times are more appropriate to brag about than that.

You will end up spending more money on such stupid behavior on the streets. Spend your money in the right place to go to a track day and learn to drive the right way.
                    Hubert Young
                    KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoQuinn View Post
                      ...Don't be lazy, and don't drive like an idiot. Two hands on the wheel, keep from resting your wrist on top of the center of the steering wheel, the car is automatic you don't need your hand on the shifter and the seat was never meant to drive in such a reclined position.
                      Can't agree more! Classic rice boys driving posture. And if it's a stick, they "POWER SHIFT" too! hahahaha...
                      Hubert Young
                      KORE 8 Films

Comment

Stay off populated public roads, not only are you easy to find, but your putting others at risk. Take some time to search out a nice chunk of pavement away from people and expensive objects
                        OK, so I guess I didn't make it clear that there are times of the day (hint: night) when there are literally no cars in sight for minutes at a time. Sometimes, the government builds giant highways that hardly any one uses--witness I-180 in Illinios, for example.

get some cones and learn to drive fast that way.
                        I've cruised for parking lots for years. Every ^&(&@ one I find has extremely inconveniently placed lamp posts, medians, etc. Not to say I don't use some local ones occasionally when test driving after a mod.

Attend local auto-x events, lapping days and drift instructional days.
                        OK, this is really going to get me flamed. I've been to a nationally known driving school as well as a couple years of Mazda Rev-It-Up (got taken over by GM or something the second year...been a while) and other assorted events. No SCCA stuff yet though.

Don't be lazy, and don't drive like an idiot. Two hands on the wheel, keep from resting your wrist on top of the center of the steering wheel, the car is automatic you don't need your hand on the shifter and the seat was never meant to drive in such a reclined position.

I signal EVERYTHING I do, I have made it a habit, even when no one is around. It's a pet peeve of mine when people don't signal. Especially when they don't signal so I act accordingly (meaning I assume they are going straight) and then they end up thinking that I cut them off or something. Always check the blind spots, anal about my mirror positions. Get out of the way of faster cars when in the left lane, flash my brights when the roles are reversed (as opposed to immediately swerving around to their right). &c &c

I have been experimenting with driving positions and I have kind of tried the Formula 1 body position, compromise between seat back and reclined, and I don't like it. NASCAR drivers sit really high and close to the wheel, so I've settled on having the seat as high as possible (I hope the effect on COG is negligible) and relatively close to the wheel, a little closer than a slight bend like some places recommend. I realized that the F1 guys sit like that mainly for aerodynamics, these days it's practically a power suit for the driver molded to their body!

Oh yeah and unless I am cruising and resting my hand/arm, definitely two hands on the wheel.

Comment

NASCAR drivers sit really high and close to the wheel, so I've settled on having the seat as high as possible (I hope the effect on COG is negligible)
                          You'll get a better center of gravity with your car in the driveway and you inside the house. You can get more info over here - fwdrift.com

Comment

There is so much fail from this kid i just don't know what to say anymore. Time to grab the popcorn and see where it goes again.

Comment

Can we say atlantian + Phalerider = Touge "officiel" I mean great job you misspelled your own screen name.

This is gonna be Phalerider the sequel

Comment

Working...
                              X