No announcement yet.

(FEEDBACK) D1 GRAND PRIX USA May 2, 2009 Anaheim, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, doesn't D1USA need it's own US Pros? I mean, think about it, if the top guys in the US are Formula D, wouldn't this just be another Formula D show? The grassroots and up-and-comers need their own place to shine and D1 is going to be it.

If Rhys, Tanner, Vaughn, or even Ken Gushi showed up, would we be talking about how high Forrest placed or how well Ross Petty did? I say don't worry about FD's US pros and let the D1USA grow it's own.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
      To be honest, doesn't D1USA need it's own US Pros? I mean, think about it, if the top guys in the US are Formula D, wouldn't this just be another Formula D show? The grassroots and up-and-comers need their own place to shine and D1 is going to be it.

If Rhys, Tanner, Vaughn, or even Ken Gushi showed up, would we be talking about how high Forrest placed or how well Ross Petty did? I say don't worry about FD's US pros and let the D1USA grow it's own.
      No.

If the best show up, its more of a reason for the two series to merge creating one big super series (more events, more sponsors).... ask nascar

Comment

NO.

How would you market an event without pro drivers? There is no way D1, with all that Japanese pride, is going to accept being the minor leagues of drifting.

Your way of thinking is respectable with regards to the grassroots and up-and-coming drifters, but you have to consider the economics, too.

Comment

All Star Bash brings people from around the world... sometimes just to WATCH.

I make Microsoft Paint flyers.

chew on that.

Comment

oh snap!

even I wanna make an all star bash this year!

Comment

Not hatin' or braggin' ....
              just sayin'.

Comment

D1 vs. FD Battle. top 10 from each series. at all star bash.
                no politics. no driftbox. 1.00 sodas.

Id PAY to WATCH.

Comment

Originally posted by CamelTouge View Post
                  D1 vs. FD Battle. top 10 from each series. at all star bash.
                  no politics. no driftbox. 1.00 sodas.

Id PAY to WATCH.

HAHA those sodas are gettin HATED ON!

Comment

Novel idea, but I have to say no.

I've had to exclude "pro" drivers before... and I'll do it again if need be.
                    Ugly car? Not welcome at ASB.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                      No.

If the best show up, its more of a reason for the two series to merge creating one big super series (more events, more sponsors).... ask nascar
                      Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
                      NO.

How would you market an event without pro drivers? There is no way D1, with all that Japanese pride, is going to accept being the minor leagues of drifting.

Your way of thinking is respectable with regards to the grassroots and up-and-coming drifters, but you have to consider the economics, too.
                      Well, how do you market a new racing series that has NO pros in it at all, like the revived Trans Am series, like the Speed World Challenge series when it started, like NASCAR when it started? You grow your pros! You make your pros stand out just like your events.

Comment

You are asking D1 to throw out everything they've built and start over. D1 has already established itself in Japan and in the States. The D1 name is synonymous with awesome, professional drifting.

Comared to the series you've mentioned, drifting is still relatively a new motorsport with a small market.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
                          You are asking D1 to throw out everything they've built and start over. D1 has already established itself in Japan and in the States. The D1 name is synonymous with awesome, professional drifting.

Comared to the series you've mentioned, drifting is still relatively a new motorsport with a small market.
                          But, D1 is as a US drifting series is unestablished (or at best, has a reputation, just not a good one). To build a series here, they are going to have to throw out what D1 was in Japan. D1 has only Japanese drivers as Pros right now and need to cultivate and grow their current US drivers into the Pros that represent D1.

In order to grow, you have to plant seeds in an open field. Their current US drivers are the seeds, D1 is that open field, the market is the water. If fully grown Formula D plants came in, they would suck the water needed to create and produce the D1USA plants.

Comment

Thanks Ali for Responding you guys have to make drastic changes for d1usa to keep attracting loyal d1 fans oh what happend to the photographer that got taken away by security that was messed up. What happend to immamura and was will mattox nervous. What can i say we expect big things from d1 and anaheim wasn't it. For the future reference don't use best world drifters or biggest build out drifting track because i didn't see none of that maybe the japanese could be considered the best but that's it. And forrest wang impressive.
                            Last edited by drift2thextreme; 05-06-2009, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Loyal d1 fans lets let them know that we want irwindale back "the house of drift" post your shout OUT loyal d1 fans and lets make them go back to irwindale.

Comment

But, D1 is as a US drifting series is unestablished (or at best, has a reputation, just not a good one). To build a series here, they are going to have to throw out what D1 was in Japan. D1 has only Japanese drivers as Pros right now and need to cultivate and grow their current US drivers into the Pros that represent D1.

In order to grow, you have to plant seeds in an open field. Their current US drivers are the seeds, D1 is that open field, the market is the water. If fully grown Formula D plants came in, they would suck the water needed to create and produce the D1USA plants.
                                That's what competition is all about. If FD plants are right next to your D1 plants in a store, which plants do you think will be purchased by a consumer? The strong, viable FD plants for sure. Consumers want the most for their money.

You also stated that the "market is the water". Do you really think there is enough water around to waste as your waiting for the D1 plant to grow? Not in today's economy. Most farmers grow crops with the hopes of making $$$$$$. If a specific crop doesn't grow, they either change crops or get out of the business.

Like I said before, your ideas are great with regards to creating a platform for newcomers and grassroots guys.

How do you expect the grassroots and newcomers to afford traveling around to all the D1 venues in order to compete? That's just not logical.

Or do you expect D1 to bring their 6 drivers to the venues and have an open competition against local drivers? That would really devalue D1's status if they turn their series into a traveling "Pros vs Joes" show.

Comment

Working...
                                X