No announcement yet.

why boo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to post info on GM's upcoming RWD drive cars here but I thought I'd make another thread.

But while I'm here, booing at any sporting event (except hockey where it's expected) is just downright horrible, especially for a driver as skilled as Rhys. Most of the people probably can't even drive straight and they're booing a man with a respected and successful career in motorsports just because he's not driving a Japanese car. I think the booing sections of the crowd needed to be tear-gassed.

Comment

Originally posted by hachiroku-fc3s
      Do your homework. GM has three cars planned for production on the kappa platform. One is a 2+2 maybe 4 door coupe. RWD. prob under $20K. Why would it need a turbo to be the next S13. We didnt get a turbo in the US and it did well enough. Though there is a supercharged solstice planned.

Sorry to threadjack.
      Excellent. I cant wait to see them. If there designs are similar to the solstice they should look good too.

I have to admit im not a big fan of the GTO's look. well not comapred to that solstice. plus its more my cup of tea.

It woudnt have to have a forced induction model to be the next S13.. but it sure would help. Yeah the S13 did fine in america with out... but look at the S13 in japan. enough said... okay maybe not enough said.. my point is compared to the love of the vehichle and the aftermarket support and the general acceptance of it from the car community in japan. Our s13 is like the unpopular cousin who lives out of states with his "roommate"

Now of course there becoming very popular now and always had some populrity, but it was always more so in japan. I think part of the reason is you could buy them with turbochargers and LSDs from the factory.

Okay now this is getting off subject. But i wanted to explain my words, i didnt want it to sound like i was being sarcastic or putting down pontiac for it.

Comment

OK once and for all Hawaiian I wrote yes Chevy you can drift those..... read my earlier posts yes it's just Pontiac... (and this is in my opinion) they are ship jumpers so I guess you can call them "Friers" (instead of ricers) cuz look they made the Vibe.... when the whole import crazy is going strong they don't know where to market.... there is no support for the Vibe or their owners.... at least Chevy knows where their heads are they know they make power and that's what they market.... pontiac should have kept with their idea of power rather than get involved in something they aren't known for... maybe their marketing director wants to get involved well my suggestion is for them slowly make their way in rather than just force their way in.... when they asked us to cheer for Rhys later I was like hell yeah I'll cheer for Rhys he's the man... and if any man can control that beast, he can... so yes he's a smart man for taking it the sponsorship... I'm not putting him down it's just pontiac needs to do something about support or even have advertised it ealier that they had a drift car. I know it was advertised here a lot but to unveil their new GTO as a drift car??? You just don't picture that.... So as an american I applaud their efforts to get into the scene but they should do it another way.... I did not booo rhys just what his car stands for, if Pontiac shows good support for their GTO and pushes the sport of drifting further I will give them more repsect.... I just don't want to seem Rhys go the way of Ford "import racers", down the drain.... Ford pulled all backing on import racers because they felt it was not needed and that's quite possibly why I detest large corporates... not sure though something about them seems 3v1l l33t
        Last edited by GoukiS14; 03-03-2004, 01:32 PM.

Comment

You should critize Toyota too for the Matrix sence there the same car.

Comment

hahaha yeah but they do have trd to back up the matrix... man you guys are like my theapist, making me look deep into my thoughts I'm done I'm getting off this subject now time to move on....
            Last edited by GoukiS14; 03-03-2004, 01:53 PM.

Comment

will you guys stop your whining already.

Comment

I am I'm done.... =)

Comment

Ghost of Duluth man i like ur attitude...u are so right...

Comment

Double check your stats there Kooki. Ford of Europe has a mountain of aftermarket go fast goodies for its uero cars. As a matter of fact, I remember hearing that the 300Hp Focus was getting released.

Alot of cars have come out. I don't know what you are thinking when you say the GTO has no aftermarket support. It's an LS1 for gods sake. There is PLENTY of support for that car. Plus it is just coming out. This is Pontiacs flagship for getting back into the performance market. I'm sure there are going to be loads of other parts for it soon enough.

I think that you have seen the error of your ways and trying to back pedal out of it. That's ok as long as you see the error. Don't know why you hate Pontiac so much, Did you get run over by one or something?

Comment

Ghost of Duluth is correct!!!! In Europe there is a Ford Focus Cosworth edition. It has 310 hp and is AWD. It was created to compete against the Lancer EVO and WRX STi. The only thing I'm wondering about these RWD GM's is their quality. American cars havent been know for having the best quality cars as far as interior, dashboard, and things like that. Im speaking from experience here too. My dad has a 96 Impala SS and it is ripping in MULTIPLE places all over his interior. Also his gas meter is broken. My aunt drives a Mustang GT from 2002 and Its falling apart as well. I hope the new domestics arent soo bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                        Double check your stats there Kooki. Ford of Europe has a mountain of aftermarket go fast goodies for its uero cars. As a matter of fact, I remember hearing that the 300Hp Focus was getting released.

in the US homie the US.... I was talking w/ a friend about this and he said the same thing you guys were he saw my point and he saw your guys' point he mostly agreed with you guys because Pontiac would be stupid not to jump on this for the $ they could get by sales of the car... but he still thinks the cars are crap.... I'm more of just waiting and seeing if Pontiac will go through with this, you aren't even sure that they will back up the GTO (which would of course be stupid on Pontiacs part) but like I said I've seen the f'ed up part of companies....and maybe I am biased but I ain't a ricer I respect a car as long as it's done in good taste and in the love of cars, be it muscle domestic or import (hell the first car I fell in love w/ was a camaro, then a grand national then a.....) so until then I'll just leave my comments to myself because obviously people like the ones above just don't see it as my opinion (which I can freely speak this is America of course) So I'll just leave it at that don't wanna get in trouble for flaming or anything so I won't say anything about Ghost Duh uth and how he always has to jump on someone's back and always show how much "knowledge" he has...
                        Last edited by GoukiS14; 03-04-2004, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Lol you got to be kidding me man. I rarely jump on anyones back, I actually try to make both sides see what is going on so it can be resolved. But you made some just flat out ridiculous remarks so me (and the others above) tried to correct you on them. Speak your opinion but make sure theres some fact to it.

Also if you are trying to "not flame me" because I speak my "knowledge" then man you are lost out in space somewhere. I got knowledge because I A) do things, B) I read, and C) I find out what I am talking about before I say it. I find out info. Maybe you ought to try that sometime then you can have some "Knowledge" of your own. Funny how that works.

Oh and smart guy, Ford hasn't pulled out from the Import scene. They still offer a butt load of parts for Focus's and more are being made everyday. Want a street camshaft for your Focus? Fords got em, adjustable cam gears, got them too. Oh and if you look about, you can find the part #s for all of the cool Euro stuff, and guess what?.........Thats right, Ford can order it. How do I know all of this information or "Knowledge".....I asked.
                          Not every part guy will take the time to do it, but it can be done. Same with Nissan, Toyota and pretty much any car company that has vehicles in other parts of the world. Except maybe Daewoo. Think you are pretty much fubar'd on that one.

As for Pontiac not following up on their GTO, are you out of your mind. This is the biggest product launch for Pontiac in quite some time. You said they should have stuck to power....um it has 350 hp. Not sure what house in Mad horsepowerville you come from, but on a stock car thats pretty powerful. You just mad cause of all the cars that could have debuted in D1, it had to be a Pontiac. How dare American auto companies try to venture into your sport. I can't think of one single American automaker that launched a car and then said "Oh well, we're tired of it, let's not support it anymore". Yea right. They might not stay in Drifting with it, but that isn't Pontiac. Thats any car company, tuner shop or individual. Everyone gets tired of something.

Get over it man. If you don't like the GTO, don't buy one. Simple as that. Oh and if you are "not gonna flame me" at least spell my name right.
                          Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 03-04-2004, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                            um it has 350 hp. .
                            Are we talking stock, or Rhy's D1 car?

Comment

Stock. Unsure of the DTO's weight.

Comment

"Oh and smart guy, Ford hasn't pulled out from the Import scene. They still offer a butt load of parts for Focus's and more are being made everyday. Want a street camshaft for your Focus? "
                                yes I know this my friend races a Ford, he was partially sponsored by Esslinger. Esslinger even said Ford USA is hard to work w/ and I believe they went to Ford Europe to help over there. I was talking about the professional drag racers like the Meguairs car and the other Focus Ford backed out mid season... that's why (forgot his name) went over to Mopar(But that's beside the point) ... , I've heard your responses but anyways I'm over this. and I've spoken my mind.... get over it. hahaha well then spell mine right "kooki" (hahaha actually this sounds so childish hahaha) Yesterday I was really heated and I've slept on it...Ghost let's just get over this, I know you want to set people straight, but I have my opinions and until Pontiac shows me wrong (which I definately will wait to see) I'll think the way I will. If they totally support Rhys then good I will back them up and will gladly retract my statements...
                                Last edited by GoukiS14; 03-04-2004, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X