Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
    DAMN!

LOL, this commentator is something else... but as watching the credits, I think he is Japanese. He had a Japanese last name, if he speaks Japanese he should be a shame of himself lol.

As far as this episode goes, another decent one from these guys.
    lol I took a shot of tequila everytime he said DAMN! lol Just like when I watch Formula D live i take a shot everytime Jared says Oh Doctor lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Fonseca View Post
      Well I'm finally watching it and I have initiated MUTE MODE!!! I think thats the same comentator from monster garage lol
      No, that would be this man:

Brett "Big Schwag" Wagner, host of Pass Time, radio host (if I remember right), Monster Garage, and many movies.

Comment

Why isn't D1 shot in HD?

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
          Why isn't D1 shot in HD?

Because they got most of there footage second hand from D1 japan... i do not think video option has HD available.

Comment

Well I left a comment on speeds site for D1s show ... I doubt they'll actually respond to my question in regards to the comentator lol and I also asked if theres going to be re-runs.

Anyone here know if theres going to be a re-run for todays show?
            Last edited by Jonny Fonseca; 09-12-2010, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Actually, the show was very good. Not as good as watching Option DVD but it's better than nothing.

Comment

D1, oh D1, when will you learn? The best drift program on the planet yet everything that lands on our shores seem to get watered down into oblivion.

I don't know how many episodes have aired here other than the Autopolis one but I agree with most everything stated here. Camera was good as per usual Sunpros standards although the circuit itself didn't seem to offer some of the more dramatic camera positions that the Sunpros guys are famous for.

I can see why they have a lot of the "drifting 101" stuff in there. It IS on Speed after all. The show needs to try to appeal to seasoned drift fans and noobs alike. The more people who take an interest in drifting, the better it is for the sport on a whole so showing some basics in the show makes sense since it will reach a lot of people new to the sport. Think of the difference between Formula 1 broadcasts on Speed and Fox. The Fox broadcasts include recaps of all the basic rules and competition formats because the Fox audience will often include a lot of noobs to F1. Irritating for the seasoned fans but a necessity at the end of the day.

The graphics were pretty good. For anyone who has done any video editing, you know how much time all the graphics take to produce and they didn't seem to skimp much here. Just enough to provide clarity so you know what is going on, without too much to confuse the noobs.

Commentary was pretty bad. I agree that it takes more than one good voice to make this work, whether live or on TV. But whether it's one or more, the "voice" needs to be more exciting to reflect the energy of the event.

The traditional pitwalk with one of the "usual suspects" would have been a better use of SOME of the time spent on the U.S. guys and the URAS tour.

But the thing that really seemed to be missing more than anything, the thing that makes D1 what it is, is showing more antics from the judges. At live D1 events, and in Option vids, the judges are as much or more a part of the production as anything or anyone else there. But in this TV show, they were really downplayed, which I thought was a huge mistake. The experience and showmanship of D1's judges are about the only thing that set the series apart from everything else and putting them in the background made no sense to me.

Suede...out.

Comment

Originally posted by Suede Mr. Flash View Post
                  D1, oh D1, when will you learn? The best drift program on the planet yet everything that lands on our shores seem to get watered down into oblivion.

I don't know how many episodes have aired here other than the Autopolis one but I agree with most everything stated here. Camera was good as per usual Sunpros standards although the circuit itself didn't seem to offer some of the more dramatic camera positions that the Sunpros guys are famous for.

I can see why they have a lot of the "drifting 101" stuff in there. It IS on Speed after all. The show needs to try to appeal to seasoned drift fans and noobs alike. The more people who take an interest in drifting, the better it is for the sport on a whole so showing some basics in the show makes sense since it will reach a lot of people new to the sport. Think of the difference between Formula 1 broadcasts on Speed and Fox. The Fox broadcasts include recaps of all the basic rules and competition formats because the Fox audience will often include a lot of noobs to F1. Irritating for the seasoned fans but a necessity at the end of the day.

The graphics were pretty good. For anyone who has done any video editing, you know how much time all the graphics take to produce and they didn't seem to skimp much here. Just enough to provide clarity so you know what is going on, without too much to confuse the noobs.

Commentary was pretty bad. I agree that it takes more than one good voice to make this work, whether live or on TV. But whether it's one or more, the "voice" needs to be more exciting to reflect the energy of the event.

The traditional pitwalk with one of the "usual suspects" would have been a better use of SOME of the time spent on the U.S. guys and the URAS tour.

But the thing that really seemed to be missing more than anything, the thing that makes D1 what it is, is showing more antics from the judges. At live D1 events, and in Option vids, the judges are as much or more a part of the production as anything or anyone else there. But in this TV show, they were really downplayed, which I thought was a huge mistake. The experience and showmanship of D1's judges are about the only thing that set the series apart from everything else and putting them in the background made no sense to me.

Suede...out.

thanks for taking the time to write a constructive review; it is now on the homepage

Comment

i watched it and i have to say besides the annoucer its not bad but the whole forest wang comment was kinda uncalled for didnt like that to much but action was hot!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ae86Lover27 View Post
                      but the whole forest wang comment was kinda uncalled for didnt like that to much

I agree... what was up with that comment!?!?!

Either something happened between them behind closed doors, or D1 just trying to show superiority. Regardless, stupid comment to make.... grounds for defamation.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                        I agree... what was up with that comment!?!?!

Either something happened between them behind closed doors, or D1 just trying to show superiority. Regardless, stupid comment to make.... grounds for defamation.
                        I missed that one, though I was trying to tune out the announcer. What did he comment?

Comment

he was just saying that forrest wang had a falling out and was to pressure to stay there so they got pat maurdaunt instead i just feel that was something that didnt need to be said... and should of kept it to themselves on that one

Comment

Oh, ok. I didn't hear about that.

Comment

3PM pacific on speed today!

Comment

The announcer is just horrible horrible. I could tolerate him last round but this one is unlistenable. Forget just firing him. Fire the guy who hired the guy that hired him.

I hope he's reading this and has the balls to post in here like J-Rod. He could at least pretend to give a #@%$ about drifting.
                                Last edited by my 1 88 u; 09-19-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X