No announcement yet.

D1GP on SPEED TV (Short Review)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I own alot of option international DVDs, and I'm 75% sure its the same narrator. If this is true, I'm willing to cut the announcer a little bit of slack because on option DVDs some dialogue is narrated but when it comes down to the action its most subtitled from the judges.

Meaning this guy has never done color commentary for D1GP. If they do come back next year I hope they sighn on Toshi Hayama or even Antonio Alvendia, even though he does not speak Japanese I think with a little coaching he could be a good announcer.

As far as this episode goes it went pretty good (Favorite so far). I like the Manabu Orido back story, hes a cool Japanese driver who can be marketed to the American audience. For a second I wanted to know where Paul Vlasblom and the other European guy came from, but on second thought I was like nevermind lol. Fuji is my favorite modern D1 course and the action was great. Its a real breath of fresh air to see all the different chassis for a change.

Comment

Sucks theres no re-runs! I forgot to record it!

I guess you can say FD is one up on that haha! Atleast they have re-runs!

Comment

Just finished watching D1GP on Speed

Pretty cool episode, couple of calls I didn't like but cant remember too much in detail to discuss. One thing I did noticed and liked was after the Kawabata vs Imamura run they actually got a D1 official on grid to talk to the drivers about what exactly happened and relayed it too the judges. They both told the honest truth and Immamura was given the win and they both agreed about the decision. Never will happen in America but it was just nice to see.

And I also got some info on the announcer

Cyrus Nozomu Sethna

Looks like he is a narrator/translator/actor from the UK. Pretty sure he is not much of a car guy, so I will cut him some slack. And as I said before, I think its the same guy from the option international DVDs.

Comment

What does D1GP do so right with their cinematography that Formula D just doesn't get?

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
            What does D1GP do so right with their cinematography that Formula D just doesn't get?
            I feel you man

All I gotta say is FDs exterior mounted car cams, and birds eye cams do not amuse me one bit.

D1 gives the viewer the realistic best seat in the house.

Instant replay doesn't hurt either... was it me or did they not show a replay of the Gardella car going into the wall on today's episode?

Comment

i cant wait for the ebisu episode

Comment

What happened to the US guys? I only saw the chubby dude from jersey!

Comment

"Magic" Mike was the only driver not committed to a full FD schedule.

Comment

Looks like they started airing reruns on Fox Sports Net

I emailed D1gp USA and their production company for any info for 2011, not a single email back. Not surprised.
                    Last edited by Bebop; 10-14-2010, 01:40 PM.

Comment

The announcer was great. It reminded me of some Gamra or Godzilla movie. I really dug the two girls dressed like the twins from the godzilla movie.

Don't get me wrong but I really don't need an announcer. Some quick, raw, heavy guitar and the Drift visuals and I am good when viewing on TV. Im a simple person.

I have to say a few things. don't take these wrong but here goes...

I felt at Irwindale the use of the term "send it" was how do I put this...um...reaching? It just seems like it's a little unnatural, like it's forced and overused. Just me.

I recommend (if its not already being done) the addition of at least 2 road level cameras. It just seems it would put the viewer closer to the feel of the drift.

I noticed that the long shots would sometimes lose the chase care. maybe a third camera for the straightaway, at more of a dead on angle.

Get it straight, I had a blast at Irwindale, I am not complaining in the least...Well one complaint...I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry I really went off topic, my bad.

Comment

Onebigperm

Good feedback, you'll probably want to post some of that in the irwindale feedback thread... I use to feel the same way about "send it", but over the years its something we say while smiling if you know what I mean.

Yeah, as you read on here... not a whole lot of us are big fans of the current camera angles.
                          Last edited by Bebop; 10-15-2010, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ae86Lover27 View Post
                            i cant wait for the ebisu episode

Well we got Ebisu today, and its safe to say they get better as the season goes on.

Easily the best episode of the year and maybe one of the best drift episodes I have ever seen on american TV.

What they did good today

-Highlighted different types of motor setups

-Showed quick yet detailed qualifying highlights

-Lots of crashes and showed the replays over and over lol

-Overall very detailed/informational episode that was far from boring

I didn't know Utsumi drove a S15.3... sad car to see crash.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                              Well we got Ebisu today, and its safe to say they get better as the season goes on.

Easily the best episode of the year and maybe one of the best drift episodes I have ever seen on american TV.

What they did good today

-Highlighted different types of motor setups

-Showed quick yet detailed qualifying highlights

-Lots of crashes and showed the replays over and over lol

-Overall very detailed/informational episode that was far from boring

I didn't know Utsumi drove a S15.3... sad car to see crash.

Awsome episode. The only thing that could have made it better was a half decent announcer. Seriously, fire him.

Comment

was a awesome episode

Comment

Working...
                                X