No announcement yet.

GT3 E-brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can drift arounf all of super speedway with my rps13..hehe hella fun...and midfeild is the best track....so is apricot..i like the u-turn cuz i usually get it out waayy before it....

Comment

Whenever I put on sims and I turn off the ACT and TSM or wuteva I can drift...........but I have TONS of trouble getting from a stand still through first gear. My tires like loose traction so I have to start kinda slow then excellerate. I cant just kick in the gas from a standstill.

Comment

Best set up on tires is Sims on the rear and meds on the front. Turn the asm to 0 and the traction to 1. That way you don't burn the tires off from a stand still but can still slide it in first. Heck man I do my best Drifting on the FTO and it's FF. Don't believe me, try it out. That E-brake drifting is the bomb. I can Drift the entire first corner on Apricot hill and stay in 3rd gear all the way around. Choki, smoki you name it.

On the RWD you can also do wonders with the E-brake. you can clutch kick using the E-brake, induce Drift, keep Drift 360 spins, whatever. I also configured my E-brake to R2, the bottom one. That way you don't youjust tap it with the finger. My gears are L1 and R1. I love it.

Wish I had a hoster, I'd show some FF Drifting that will blind you. It did my buddy.

Comment

lol i use the FTO too, just the racing version thats AWD and 900 hp
          but now i'm drifting with an under powered car, FC

i think i'mma try an FF with those set ups

Comment

I don't like the sim tires. I guess they are supposed to simulate driving on ice. There is no traction, and feedback is vague at best. I drift the regular street cars and just use their normal tires. My favorite car is an S14 K's Aero. It has been lightened to Stage 3. The rest stage 3 clutch, flywheel, cf, driveshaft, custom tranny, custom lsd, and I think stage 4 turbo...about 450hp I think. Normal tires. I think 4.5-5 neg, degress camber front and like 2.5-3 negative in rear. I do have my rear end set up stiffer than the front.

I'm really looking forward to GT4. It is going to have an all new phyics engine and the drifting phyics are supposed to be vastly improved.

Comment

I agree with Trrust. I do use sime on the rear on a FF though just because of the low traction. Also use them on FR cars when I want to do those 2nd gear slow drifts. They work great.

I never get over bout 380 Hp on the cars. Just overkills me. Whip around too easy. You can offset it with tires but doesn't make pretty drifts. I buy everything that I can on a car then play with it.

GT4 is going to be awesome. I agree on that one.

Comment

Yeah, I think I have like Stage 1,2,3 and 4 turbos on most of my cars. I'm always changing stuff, and experimenting.

Comment

so i guess no one drifts stock engine specs then. that was my problem . i mean, 300 hp with the spirit r rx-7 was good enough for me, cant imagine going any faster or else i would crash (unless i readjust my settings)

Comment

My Supra RZ drifts w/ stock engine power.

Comment

I guess I'm the crazy one.I use cars with power from 520hp to 1200hp.I tried using an 1800hp Supra once,talk about wheel spin,good if you want long smokies.

Comment

Yeah GT3 is DA BOMB. For now it's the only drift practice I've got till I can buy me a 5.0. My first love is drifting my Camaro SS on trial mountain. It went from a buget project to a 445 hp machine, and when I get it right I can side it all the way round that long turn at Apricot hill and the all 3 long turns at midfield. Same for the Z06. I'm slowly getting the hang of it cause it spins out little easier. My favorite trick is on Midfield reversed in the Z06. 130mph feint into a 100mph braking drift through the first turn and get reeled back in to drift the second turn. Then Drift the 2 long corners.

Other favorites.
                        1. Drifting the MR2 all the way through Apricot's 1rst turn.
                        2. Actully getting the XR8 to drift.
                        3. High speed drifts in the Cobra and V8 Vanquish.
                        4. Being able to drift the Camaro SS consistenly around Trial mountain without spinning.

Current Projects
                        240sx Type X with Koguchi's setup from Drifting Magazine!!
                        Future Projects
                        Drift the GT40 Race Car!!

I do all my drifting with Sim Tires, TCS and ASM off, Sim steering setting. Plus I keep all my cars realisitic: Stage one or 2 turbos/ Stage 1 NA tune up, no weight reduction and I try to stay in the range of suspension settings I read in Driftng Magazine.

This thread is a great guys keep it alive!!

Comment

Personally I like putting sport tires all around teh whole car. It makes the car very balanced and also allows you to do some long smokey (well as smokey as GT3 will let you) slides. Also when you connect drifts its very smooth.

Comment

since we're on the topic of gt3, i jes went to my first drift event and checked out the cars in the pits. i goto check there wheels and it turns out that there camber looks stock. i half expected that there wheels would sport extreme negative camber due to the drifting they had just done, but the camber looked stock. so now i'm wonderin, do you really need extreme camber to drift (gt3 vs IRL).
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by s0nny80y; 04-03-2004, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Well if you run too much camber you can wear out the tires, and too much rear camber can make it harder to drift, as well as make the car understeer when gripping. Alot of drifters are on a budget and have to drive their car all the time so they keep their suspension settings where the car won't wear out the tires when they are driving normally.

Comment

WoW i do have to much time on my hands...
                                i can drift the whole first turn with a stock AE86 with sim and keep the rear tire on the outer line then keep the rear spining untell i get to the right hand turn then i kick out the back finish the turn and keep the tires spining into the left hand turn and so on and so forth in to the right hand turn. So far i beat every one that challenges me(this is on apercot).
                                The first car i learnd how to drift in was the Evo 6
                                I like racing my brother on trile montin and was to touge battles by only staying in one lane so far im the only one that can drift in one line(that i know of)and we do it like the one on best motering i get the balinced car with 200hp and he gets the strong 3 to 400 hp carz but he wins sumtimes
                                I want to post my vidos on lline but i dont know how

Comment

Working...
                                X