• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah try that

Whatever works

Stick with it...

Comment

Originally posted by Hachi Kid
      actually man, don't turn it to simulation mode under the steering wheel sensitivity, keep it at normal or medium. the simulation setting won't allow countersteer if you start drifting. I don't know why, but if you don't belive me play with the normal setting the go at it with the simulation setting. you will see how the car won't countersteer.

Thanks Hachi Kid! I'll take your word for it and not mess around with that just yet hahaha. btw what car do you usually drift with in GT3 and what track do you drift the best at?

rock.

Comment

oops i just noticed that i put what i said in your quote
        hahaha
        so here.........
        Thanks Hachi Kid! I'll take your word for it and not mess around with that just yet hahaha. btw what car do you usually drift with in GT3 and what track do you drift the best at?

Comment

Go in simulation mode, go to your Garage (Home) i think and then go to Run & Setting?..yeah..and i usually go to Laguna Seca and Apricot Hill...well Hachi kid will second me on that and probably mention a few others...

Comment

Originally posted by sobe
            Go in simulation mode, go to your Garage (Home) i think and then go to Run & Setting?..yeah..and i usually go to Laguna Seca and Apricot Hill...well Hachi kid will second me on that and probably mention a few others...
            hmm ok thanks sobe!
            wow seems like apricot hill and Laguna Seca are some top contenders for favorite places to drift....
            hey sobe have you tried drifting at the Seattle circuit or Tokyo R246? umm i think thats what its called...
            yeah i've gone to trial mountain and tried there so far since i know all the other places are a little too hard for me haha
            ooh can you drift super speedway the whole way? i think i've seen a video of somebody doing that..... and there was this one video of a guy racing with an rx-7 i think and he spun out once but after he spun out he managed to get back into a drift and kept constant speed... how the hell do you guys do that? hahah
            i feel so sucky at this because i've only been racing on the tracks the whole damn time! dammit! lol

Comment

Originally posted by DrifterN
              hmm ok thanks sobe!
              wow seems like apricot hill and Laguna Seca are some top contenders for favorite places to drift....
              hey sobe have you tried drifting at the Seattle circuit or Tokyo R246? umm i think thats what its called...
              yeah i've gone to trial mountain and tried there so far since i know all the other places are a little too hard for me haha
              ooh can you drift super speedway the whole way? i think i've seen a video of somebody doing that..... and there was this one video of a guy racing with an rx-7 i think and he spun out once but after he spun out he managed to get back into a drift and kept constant speed... how the hell do you guys do that? hahah
              i feel so sucky at this because i've only been racing on the tracks the whole damn time! dammit! lol
              oh lol no the only time i've gone to Tokyo was when i was trying out to race there in the league or competition how do i get there to drift? w/o having to race?

Comment

Originally posted by DrifterN

oops i just noticed that i put what i said in your quote
                hahaha
                so here.........

ummm, not to sound like an arse here, but I don't really need a certain car to drift. I have gotten good at it I don't really need a certain car to drift. the only thing I can drift on GT3 is the F1's, well....I have gotten the arse end out at times. but it isn't like exibitiong drifting, but there is smoke and angle just not to the extreme.

some of the easier cars to drift that I have noted is stuff like the 180SX or any of the Silvia series. the Toyota Altezza, the AE86, the BMW 3-series, Supra, any of the Porsche's(RUF's), TVR's, ......basically anything RWD. but for a begginner, I would reccomend just going out there and just doing it and learning how your car will act when the weight is shifted so violently and try to catch the car right before it spins out. also, work on matching the amount of countersteer with gas and brake inputs. just give it a crap load of practice and you will get it after a while.

don't follow what other people say because people have diffrent tastes and while one person may like imports, another may like domestics. neither is wrong, it just depends on personal tastes and which car is most comfortable to you.

rock.
                Last edited by Hachi Kid; 04-10-2004, 01:52 PM.

Comment

true that, i just messed with the domestics, and yeah...it was sweet...i did the corvette, the unbelievably sweet viper, oh yeah and it's awesome drifting AWD cars to, just have to get the Torque Controller or...wait...one of the controllers and turn it down to 10% so most of the power goes to the Rear Wheels...

damn wtf..what controller was it!?!?!?...HACHI KID GET YOUR Gt3 *Censored**Censored**Censored* over here !!

Comment

you mean the VCD(variable control differential)? I like to keep AWD cars at 30/70. it gives the front wheels extra traction, it makes it a bit faster it seems and a bit more control. sometimes I like 50/50 depending on the car.

rock.

Comment

One question...
                      In GT3, is the F1 car driftable?

Comment

I've done it, but it wasn't exibition. there was smoke but it wasn't like what you would see in my videos. I have my F1 cars set up to have very slight oversteer. it is a bit faster that way. it helps the car rotate a bit quicker which translates to can translate to higher corner exit speeds. but on long turns I try to keep as much grip as possible so I can go in and I usually put the pedal down halfway through the turn. or until I know my car is stable enough for me to floor it. all the better drivers in real life Formula 1 races(Michael Schumacher, Ayerton Sinna(sp?), Kimi Raikonen, Rubens Barrichello) all like a bit of oversteer for those reason I listed above as I read in F1 Magazine.

I would get oversteer in places tight places like Cote D' Azure or SSR11 or places with quick sharp turns. but I also like to have grip so I can come out of corners alot faster than the comp(sometimes even 50mph faster). on places like Grand Valley Speedway I, that 1st big hairpin turn where you turn right and you pass that giant video screen, I have had exit speeds 115-125mph in my F1 car. I like a good mix of maximum grip and slight oversteer.

rock.

Comment

hey i slapped some sims onto an s15 in the rear but what should i use for the front tires?

Comment

try mediums, or sims, or normal, or anything that'll work

Comment

oh ok......thanks sobe!

Comment

just use sports tires all around. not too much traction for a new person at trying this but more than sims so it would provide a challenge when trying to break traction.

rock.

Comment

Working...
                                X