1994 Rx-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doriftokouki
    Theres is a guy the same age in l.a. with an R33 Skyline, thats not a waste, the guy is hella cool, people respect him, whats the difference with a 17 year old in an fd? That is such a stereo type when you think someone cannot take care of a car and drive responsibly just because of their age.
    hahaha yeah I've met him he's really cool

Comment

wow, well im 17 and ive owned the rx7 for about a year now, i bought it with all the money i saved throughout the years, and now that i have it im struggling to pay insurance but in my minds its well worth it, i dont understand why me owning this car is a waste, especially since i know soo much about them growing up around a rotor head father and 2 brothers and was forced to stay up late to help the grownups put rotaries into the old datsun 510s and 810s. i think ive deserved this car, and i understand that alot of pple are intrested in them and most 17 year olds are iresponsible twerps, but saying that all 17 year olds dont deserve a car like an r-x, and i think that stereo type shouldnt be around at all, because me and many of my friends are very respoonsible drivers

i do hate that everytime im on the road, i have to test myself, like last tuesday, i was trying to get from the fast lane to my exit, and i had my blinker on, but i got cornered in by two element buddies, and i had to unfortunately weave through traffic to make it to my exit. tehy followed me home and after an exchange of words, they said all they did that for was to make sure my rx7 was twin turbo. WOW, most 3rd gen rx7s are twin turbo people damn

Comment

An avarage 17 year old in an FD is a waste. Someone like youself who knows about Rotaries is ok. But it's no a waste in the sense of the car, it's a waste of a 17 year olds money. As I said before, if you work at McDonalds, you don't need to drive an FD. Too expansive. Heck man, its too expensive for me sometimes.

Also, I have to disagree with you Chas on geting a burned one and making it running for 5k. No way. The motor alone is going to set you back 2000 for a new one at the cheapest. Plus the parts that will need replacing after fire damage is going to throw you over 5k just for the fix job. Especially for someone who can't fix it themselves.

Expect to pay 1 grand at the least to R&R a motor. 24 hours book time is usually what the dealerships charge to R&R the engines on FD's. Shells aren't much better on them. expect to pay round 2500 to 5000 for a shell with no motor or trans. Sure you may find the lucky deal but I find those deals come along only when I have no money to get em.

Do yourself a favor, get something that is going to make a good first car. The first time you slide that FD into something, watch out. The first time you hop that rear end cause you didn't set it up right and but that rear end and trans, you'll realize that the FD is too delicate of a car to beat on. They just don't take it too well. They are precision cars and they require precision drivers. 240's are alot more forgiving. I bunked up my fifth gear synchro missing a 2-3 shift. It's that easy to break em.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
          Yes there were a few limited editions of the FD.

The 1st version RZ (300 units)

2nd version RZ

RS-R

Spirit-R

There were also some limitations on the 84 Type-R,you could call that a special edition as well if you wanted.Of course all these trim levels apply to the JDM market,not the US.
          I knew that. But none are available to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
            An avarage 17 year old in an FD is a waste. Someone like youself who knows about Rotaries is ok. But it's no a waste in the sense of the car, it's a waste of a 17 year olds money. As I said before, if you work at McDonalds, you don't need to drive an FD. Too expansive. Heck man, its too expensive for me sometimes.

Also, I have to disagree with you Chas on geting a burned one and making it running for 5k. No way. The motor alone is going to set you back 2000 for a new one at the cheapest. Plus the parts that will need replacing after fire damage is going to throw you over 5k just for the fix job. Especially for someone who can't fix it themselves.

Expect to pay 1 grand at the least to R&R a motor. 24 hours book time is usually what the dealerships charge to R&R the engines on FD's. Shells aren't much better on them. expect to pay round 2500 to 5000 for a shell with no motor or trans. Sure you may find the lucky deal but I find those deals come along only when I have no money to get em.

Do yourself a favor, get something that is going to make a good first car. The first time you slide that FD into something, watch out. The first time you hop that rear end cause you didn't set it up right and but that rear end and trans, you'll realize that the FD is too delicate of a car to beat on. They just don't take it too well. They are precision cars and they require precision drivers. 240's are alot more forgiving. I bunked up my fifth gear synchro missing a 2-3 shift. It's that easy to break em.
            hahaha I'm a living example of this... but the interior was damn clean.... lemme see I've totaled about 7k for the car so far plus tanabe suspension and strut bars and minor cool stuff so another 1000 not too bad

Comment

Working...
            X