No announcement yet.

anyone try the NFS:U drift mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO NSFU sucks. physics are totally unreal. i got 100k in one drift the first time i played it. i like realism. like in the Gran Tourismo series. its what taught me my advanced driving techniques that i use today, because of its realism.

Comment

yea NFS went down hill wen they gave into rice

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
        yea NFS went down hill wen they gave into rice
        actuaklly i believe it went down before the le mans 24 hours race... thatrs why they didnt put the NFS title on it. i never liked that series anyway. just something to play in autobody on PS2

Comment

I mean cmon what REAL car game bases ur cars performance on its looks rather than wats under the hood. That system they have is so retarded, where they force u to sticker up ur car.

Comment

Originally posted by HX-50
            sigh i'm gonna have to digicam this.... which track you want me to do this on?
            you don't need a digi cam. just do a screenshot. ctrl+print screen button. then goto paint and paste it. save a jpeg. though

Comment

I once read an artical, i believe it was an interview with one of the guys working on GT4, and he had worked on the other earlier games in the series. He says drifting is the holy grail of video games. He says when they look at the physics and try to 'make' drifting work it doesnt. the formulas and the physics just dont work. However when they design the physics real enough, and you get a guy who knows what hes doing or with enough practice and it will be able to drift.

Other games add what they call a cheat button, in others words a script to the video game that when a certain combo is done it will 'drift' NFSU probably has a cheat script because its game physics arent realistic enough to actualy drift with in it.

Comment

Lol yea NFS:U has nothing close to real physics, besidse the part where the cars actually stick to the earth. (gravity)

Comment

Or when your going uphill, your flying then wham, right into a truck. THEN you flip so much in slow motion its not even real.

Comment

LOL my lil brother just did that like riight now...

Comment

i don't have a ps2 the only game i have that has a drift mode in it is nfs underground.

Comment

Originally posted by sulos
                        i don't have a ps2 the only game i have that has a drift mode in it is nfs underground.
                        That is the game we are talking about...

any game with a "drift mode" is just plain retarded. If u have real physics and thing then a drift can come natural, u dont need a mode to do it

Comment

NFS:U = ghey
                          GT3 = kept me busy till Kaido Battle
                          Initial D:Arcade Stage Ver.2 = c'mon...you can't drift an Integra....
                          PGR2 = fun cuz you can drift exotics on the city streets
                          Kaido Battle 2 = own3d them all

Now I'm hooked on Rallisport Challenge 2...
                          Last edited by WildSe7en; 05-20-2004, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
                            That is the game we are talking about...

any game with a "drift mode" is just plain retarded. If u have real physics and thing then a drift can come natural, u dont need a mode to do it
                            dift mode has the best tracks for drifting.... mode = tracks

Comment

Actually your entire car's physics change in NSFU from race mode to Drifting mode. Strange.

Also in GT3, the designers said that they could not acuratly replicate Drifting because of the engine. So they had to change the entire engine to accuratly do Drifting. That is why GT4 will specifically include Drifting.

I have gotten all of my games off of Ebay.

Comment

too bad no burnouts (smoke) for any mode, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X