No announcement yet.

Formula D TEXAS (FEEDBACK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey gvuys nvm about the pics!!!! i shoulda read trhe whole thread!!!!!! thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SilviaLove
      Formula D was very interesting. The usually combination of pigbacking car show and competition drawed in a diverse crowd. There is one thing i noticed though, the majority of the crowd did not seem to be avid fans of drifting because they seem to lack enthusiasm. On various occasions the announcer had to rally the crowd, without success, it was very quiet during the most of comp and demos. The only decent crowd reaction is when a hometown/local driver was announced (good driving Derrick), which was good because though the crowd was some type of trance or daze. Maybe they didn't know the drivers or what was going on, i'm not sure, it was akward when a few people cheered and other just sat there. Anyhow, It would have really boring if it were not for the drifting comp, that's why i don't go to many car shows, those get old quickly for me. However, as a result of the show, I did get to meet many people who are supporting local drifting and more prominet individuals in drift communty, it that was a good experience. I can really say that some of the pro drifters are very off the wall and some are comfortably conservative. It's easy to notice this from speaking to them or observing them interacting with other people. The Drift Alliance crew are a bunch of carefree and fun punkrock-ish guys, it was good to meet them...they are crazy at times..lol. As you may already now, The final battle (comp) was very anti-climatic with gushi having to forfit. I really do think gushi could have won due to the accuracy of this previous runs during the day, that kid is good.

i think that the reason why the croud was lathargic was for 3 reasons. it was verrrry hot, to much waiting between runs, and the announcer wasn't verry exciting. but the event was awesome i loved every minute of it and i hope it returnst next saeson.

Comment

how was the pro exibition??

Comment

Originally posted by mikespeed95
          drift alliance punkish? no.........

fire!!!! hahahahahahaha

also since your in texas come to our next dailydrifter.com grind event, my email is mikespeed95@dailydrifter.com if you need any info, but the derreck is one our instructors as well, and hes always at the events.
          man...almost like being in a frat house. It sounded pretty damn funny, unfortunatly I heard some people are not too happy.

Comment

For many, this was their first drifting competitin to see - as for the crowd not being real active (seemed pretty active to me) - the heat and humiditity was very high - heat index at around 105 i think. Very hot day - felt good going into the A/C inside. Very fun day as well. I'll have some vids and a write up soon.

We (Derrick Rogers driving the el camino) qualified 7th and ran his first ever tandem runs against Chris Fosworth (350z who finished 3rd).

looking to see if we can make it out to Claifornia.

james
            www.z28evans.com

Comment

fire is our middle name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

fire!!!! hahahahahahaha
                I can only speculate...by the way they were acting i can see them calling a false fire alarm or something..lol..just a guess..i'll find out the story someday. Anyhow here's a decent pic of the course. The other pics I've seen are to at high resolution, so i lowered mine for better viewability.

Comment

it didn't load?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Texas...Drifting....Get outta here...Were there any cattle crossing the tracks during the event??? J/K Sucks that Gushi broke his axle though, because he probably should have won. But not if Ross"ZA-NECRO-NINJA" was competing....

Comment

Originally posted by z28evans
                      For many, this was their first drifting competitin to see - as for the crowd not being real active (seemed pretty active to me) - the heat and humiditity was very high - heat index at around 105 i think. Very hot day - felt good going into the A/C inside. Very fun day as well. I'll have some vids and a write up soon.

We (Derrick Rogers driving the el camino) qualified 7th and ran his first ever tandem runs against Chris Fosworth (350z who finished 3rd).

looking to see if we can make it out to Claifornia.

james
                      www.z28evans.com

Its Chris Foresburg

Comment

Big props to Derrick Rogers. He drove his *Censored**Censored**Censored* off! I did not fair as well. I hit the wall twice. I had a blast though!
                        Last edited by cartunes13; 06-15-2004, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SilviaLove
                          Formula D was very interesting. The usually combination of pigbacking car show and competition drawed in a diverse crowd. There is one thing i noticed though, the majority of the crowd did not seem to be avid fans of drifting because they seem to lack enthusiasm. On various occasions the announcer had to rally the crowd, without success, it was very quiet during the most of comp and demos. The only decent crowd reaction is when a hometown/local driver was announced (good driving Derrick), which was good because though the crowd was some type of trance or daze. Maybe they didn't know the drivers or what was going on, i'm not sure, it was akward when a few people cheered and other just sat there. Anyhow, It would have really boring if it were not for the drifting comp, that's why i don't go to many car shows, those get old quickly for me. However, as a result of the show, I did get to meet many people who are supporting local drifting and more prominet individuals in drift communty, it that was a good experience. I can really say that some of the pro drifters are very off the wall and some are comfortably conservative. It's easy to notice this from speaking to them or observing them interacting with other people. The Drift Alliance crew are a bunch of carefree and fun punkrock-ish guys, it was good to meet them...they are crazy at times..lol. As you may already now, The final battle (comp) was very anti-climatic with gushi having to forfit. I really do think gushi could have won due to the accuracy of this previous runs during the day, that kid is good.
                          Being from Houston and being involved in the drift events I believe that I have the standpoint to make a more accurate analysis on the Houston crowd.

I agree with you on the lack of enthusiasm, however, this was the FIRST major drifting event to touch base in Houston. Most of the locals don't quite know how to react to it yet and are still very much in the "awe" phase. Eventually the spirit will follow the event and the people will begin to react.

The show was nice and we had a few of Houston's most prominant show cars is attendance. There was a little scuffle with the NCCA, but that was resolved quickly.

Rhys Millen took me in his GTO for a couple practice runs on Friday with Hubinette and I was pretty excited. Both are very nice guys and are very good friends with each other.

The Drift Alliance guys were definetly a blast to hang out with. The carefree attitude and the crazy antics they stand for will surely bring their own mecca of fans in the years to come.

Through reading the local Houston boards and watching the crowd it was quite easy to pick out the favorites. Most everyone like Hubinette and the Viper because, well, it's a viper. Not to mention he drives very skillfully. Alot of people like Chris Forsberg and the 350Z as well. There were a few who were enthralled with Rhys Millen and his GTO, but most of these people were a bit more experienced in the racing/drifting world and knew his credential sheet. The crowd favorite was definetly Ken Gushi and our local american muscle drifter Derrick. I believe the kids could relate to Ken Gushi's age much better and felt an immediate connection with him.

All in all I believe the show was a huge success and a giant step for the Houston drift scene. For a city so based on show cars, the Formula Drift series sure brought a crowd.

-Adrienne

Comment

Originally posted by Drift IT
                            how was the pro exibition??
                            quite spectacular. The crowd definetly loved Tarzan.

They did a 5 car tandum run which got the crowd on their feet.

Comment

i figured as much iMakeGraves.. The crowd was not exact the most important aspect of the my entire experience, it was just something that was noted by me and other people at the event, even on this thread...hice my statement "the majority of the crowd did not seem to be avid fans of drifting." I really don't think there are tons of people in this area who are "hardcore" drift fans, such as my peer group (heck, i follow D1 in japan, even sometime jgtc). That's fine, maybe things well change for the better. oh yeah, did anyone get to speak to Taniguchi?

Comment

anyone have pics of any mahem? i would personaly like to see some of the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* we....i mean they did...

Comment

Working...
                                X