No announcement yet.

Is IRWINDALE the Most Dangerous Track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is IRWINDALE the Most Dangerous Track?

from watching A LOT of D1/option videos it seems like Irwindale has ruined many drift cars in it's short history of drifting there.

are there other courses that are as sketchy? the only other course I can think of is the sekia hills (i think i spelled that right) track in japan. I think option 113 (somewhere around there) that track flips an RX7, 360's an ae86, takes off Ueo's rear tire, and I think a chaser smashes into the tirewall.

I don't think the tracks are dangerous(only in a few cases) but its the driver , But then again there are ton's of accidents invloving drifting around the world which most can be blamed on the drivers skill and not the track.

Comment

Re: Is Irwindale the most dangerous track?

The course setup allows the drivers to approach the main turn at a high speed and the track wall does not leave too much room for error.

Some courses have an area of dirt between the track and the wall.

Originally posted by clay payton
      from watching A LOT of D1/option videos it seems like Irwindale has ruined many drift cars in it's short history of drifting there.

are there other courses that are as sketchy? the only other course I can think of is the sekia hills (i think i spelled that right) track in japan. I think option 113 (somewhere around there) that track flips an RX7, 360's an ae86, takes off Ueo's rear tire, and I think a chaser smashes into the tirewall.

Comment

ther was hardly any crashes at irqindale compared to other d1 events in japan

Comment

taniguchi crashed at irwindale, and that guy is an AMAZING driver. the D1 prelims had a couple of wall crashers.

It just seems like the track is so high speed, and that wall offers no forgiveness that to me it seems like a more dangerous track.

Comment

Imamura got too close to the wall during this run.

Comment

WHOA! thats a crazy pic.

lots of america tracks are installing a sorta of safety wall similar to the crumple zone on modern cars. its still really hard and will mess you up if you hit it, BUT, it has a bit of 'give' to it.

the irwindale wall is just concrete death =)

Comment

I think that the japanese drivers are just not used to the track yet. Thats why so many crash.

Comment

they crash cuz they go all out, no *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* sh*t

Comment

Alot of drift tracks in japan are built for drift so they have lot of run off tire walls etc. and the people watch usually from elevated areas, at irwindale it is a nascar track so they set up all kinds of concrete barriers for safety, the course in irwindale mostly the infield is setup to get people as close as possible to the action, so they put up concrete walls to keep people safe, coming into that hairpin is probably the most difficult part of the irwindale course after carrying alot of speed out of the first sweeper you cut back around after the first cone still carrying alot of speed and then very quickly you have to slow the car to make it around the hairpin without spinning out. most people i have seen cut back to much after the cone and then try and whip the car around to catch the hairpin and end up spinning into the wall, or they cutback to much after the cone and just drive staright into the barrier I think irwindale is more dangerous then most courses just because you hit a wall instead of dirt, its alot like street drifting if you make a mistake your car gets messed up.

Comment

i actually liked irwindales track i mean its short and all but hey i mean atleast we got to c drifting rite???? well u guys should take a look at the rotary power car and say wat u think

Comment

Originally posted by DONKEY_WEAR
                        i actually liked irwindales track i mean its short and all but hey i mean atleast we got to c drifting rite???? well u guys should take a look at the rotary power car and say wat u think

There is a whole thread about it

Comment

Not even close.Ebisu in the rain murders Irwindale as far as danger goes.Ebisu in the rain has a crash ratio of at least 2/3 cars.Bihoku is also worse than Irwindale imo,huge dirt/rock walls that total your car,which surround numerous hairpin turns.

Comment

ebisu in the rain.. lol that first turn owns cars. My dad calls the dirt and foam barriers "the lava pit" lol its fun.

Comment

taniguchi only crashed because ueo blocked him and he had nowhere to go he couldnt stop if he had to.......lol ebisu in the rain does murder cars did you see the qualifying on option video vol 115 the vigoras fc rx-7 and that red chaser were the worst i think the fc crash was the worst though
                              Last edited by drift matic; 06-13-2004, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X