Better for Drift?: American VS. Japanese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better for Drift?: American VS. Japanese

IMO, American cars are the worst pieces of **** on earth, but i'd like to hear everyone's current opinion on what they believe is an ideal drift car, whether it'd be made american or japanese. It's just a comparison, not anything racial or anything else. Japanese cars focus on more light-weight, strong yet fuel efficient cars while American cars die at 100,000 miles, thats what i've seen, that's what i'll say. Go flame me all you want if you support Domestic Cars
    American
    16.22%
    Japanese
    78.38%
    Other
    5.41%

Well I want to support both. I really want to see a real domestic outh there in compettions. American you have cheap parts..like any chevy engine...junk yards are full of them and there isn't really a shortaged.

I like Japanese just as much for the econo, and weight issue. Parts are sometimes hard to get by and the price is going outrageously high for anything Japanese... But I still like them...

How bout korean cars, huh huh??

Comment

A car is a car..is a car. Sure their designs and engineering are inherently different, but in the grand scheme of it all it does not matter to me. As long as your not in my way at the track i could care less. My choice of style is str8 JDM(JDM-ish, things are getting expensive). Others may think differently, they have the right to hold their opinions even if i don't agree with it, so be it.

Comment

Re: Better for Drift?: American VS. Japanese

Originally posted by DriftinCressida
        IMO, American cars are the worst pieces of **** on earth, but i'd like to hear everyone's current opinion on what they believe is an ideal drift car, whether it'd be made american or japanese. It's just a comparison, not anything racial or anything else. Japanese cars focus on more light-weight, strong yet fuel efficient cars while American cars die at 100,000 miles, thats what i've seen, that's what i'll say. Go flame me all you want if you support Domestic Cars
        Such generalization and hostility, Truely something i as a drifter am ashamed of. Especialy after the warm welcome i received from our friends at a Domestic Drifting forum. Drifters need to rise above America VS Japanese stuff. We need to look beyond make and model and country of orgin and just look at the cars.

Now that said i think Japanese car companys have more platforms that are friendly to drifters. Basicly due to the light weight and large numbers.

But America has some interesting stuff out there that i think we will see drifted more. I guess Japan's light weight RWD cars tend to be more suited.. with the S15 being the ultimate factory drift car in my opinion.

Comment

Aw man you are right, domestics are so horrible. Well I guess since all 3 of my Camaros are above 100,000 miles I should go set them all on fire at once. Thanks for the good tip.

Comment

The only thing that would make your domestic worse CH is if it had a auto

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...0483#post70483

Comment

OMG the horror. I'm going to set my computer on fire now too...

Comment

At least your computer doesnt run windows ME... so its not all bad.

Comment

hahahahahah fire fire fire, under hood fire, weeeee!!!

Comment

Yeah, Hawaiian, looks like you're going to have let the powerslideways thing die... Now all my hopes and dreams have been crushed. I will never get to have my dream of drift chevelle amongst other old domestics with over 100,000 miles

Comment

Re: Better for Drift?: American VS. Japanese

Originally posted by DriftinCressida
                      IMO, American cars are the worst pieces of **** on earth, but i'd like to hear everyone's current opinion on what they believe is an ideal drift car, whether it'd be made american or japanese.
                      Its the driver bro, not the car.
                      And u call urself an American, have some pride boy!

The best drift car in the world would be useless in the hands of someone who can't drive it. I guess its all about what u've grown up on, what ur used to and what u know.
                      Japan cornered market on drift cars the same way America had in drag racing, by making their cars and parts more appealing in the media.

Think back a few years... late 80's - mid-90's

Drivers could have just as easily chased down a new 240, Rx7 or eighty6 with a new iroc, cobra, or vette on a drift track or touge with cars being only semi-stock. Its not fair to try and stereotype a car, because i doubt that anyone has ever mass produced a car to the general public just based on how well it can drift.

but if i had to vote, i'd go japanese just because i've never driven any of the american sports-cars long enough to play with it.
                      Last edited by OH240SE; 06-16-2004, 08:04 AM.

Comment

This post is kind've like a "vote for ur favorite color" poll.

Comment

Originally posted by bdjoe
                          Now all my hopes and dreams have been crushed. I will never get to have my dream of drift chevelle amongst other old domestics with over 100,000 miles
                          Think about how Soultron feels - not only an American car, but the worst one ever made!

...just wait until the Kappa platform is released by GM...

-MR

PS: What's a "rocker arm"?

Comment

dude got served in his own thread

That's what you get for being a close-minded n00b.

Comment

Im here to serve

Comment

Working...
                              X