X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you, now stfu person who thought it wasnt a slur

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
      don't go there with that crap...it's an abbreviation not a slur..People that say its a slur obviously don't know what a real racial slur towards a Japanese is,and are just whining over nothing.
      Originally posted by Ex-Cat
      Not exactly. I'm Japanese and I can tell you, it's a slur no matter how you slice it. Just because you can't handle typing Japanese doesn't mean it is any less offensive.
      Thats interesting, I know it was used often during world war 2, And after the war it became sortof a racial slur. I dont know what the feeling of the Japanese people are today on it. Considering they dont even call them selfs "japanese", However to me it was always a racial slur so i never used it. No problem for me to type out japanese you know, or even nihonjin.

Now i've heard many use it and not mean anything offensive you know, But i was never sure so i just didnt use it.
      Last edited by nissanguy_24; 06-18-2004, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftinCressida
        thank you, now stfu person who thought it wasnt a slur
        Consider this an offical warning from Moderation. As you may have noticed we filter words like the infamous "F" word your "STFU" is not only rude and insulting to the person your talking to but includes one of the words we filter. Your clever way around this is not apreciated.

Comment

thanks ex-cat for pointing out the simple thing of just typing something like u instead of you i mean come on. i am hispanic i know racism is a one way street. i take anything very offensive from anyone who is not hispanic like if and this happened a white person called me a dirty mexican i could have easily been on trial and been on the news but i am not for violence, just brooding. then if a hispanic person called me that same thing it would not bother me because they understand what it is to be called those things and it is just a joke. just like that guy on dave chappelle said "Everybody wants to be a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* but nobody wants to be a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* ". you can act like whatever but once the problems come along like being in a bad neighborhood guess who is the first to roll up their windows, lock their doors, and turn down their system paid for by their parents. just putting in my 87 cents.

Comment

...Did that make sense to anybody or have I lost the ability to read? Are you trying to say that I'm the person rolling up his windows and hiding? If so, that doesn't really make sense...though I suppose landing a fighter on the only forward deployed carrier in the country does make me a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*...or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cat
              ...Did that make sense to anybody or have I lost the ability to read? Are you trying to say that I'm the person rolling up his windows and hiding? If so, that doesn't really make sense...though I suppose landing a fighter on the only forward deployed carrier in the country does make me a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*...or something.
              Yeah.. i had a hard time following that too. im not really sure what he was trying to say. Maybe it was about me?

Comment

oh no i was simply in a rant that obviously made no sense and i think i was saying that i agree with ex-something because people should just stay away from any words like jap and etc. and it was not about you nissan guy. i know many people who do that and i frown upon acting one way in front of one person but being totally different in front of another. i was saying i think nissan guy is right because since when did people say jap instead of just saying the whole thing....

Comment

jdm all the way

Comment

Not that I'm trying to start a racial battle or anything, but if people didn't take so much offence for words such as "jap" and call them racial slurs, then people wouldn't use them as much. Like for instance the infamous *N* word. All it means is dirty / unclean. It doesn't mean "person of African descent" (as somepeople have come to believe.) You could call a "person of European descent" (a.k.a. Caucasian) that and technically, you'd still be grammatically correct. Though personally I feel that word is more offensive than the other word, but I am not Japanese, so I wouldn't know how it feels.

On another note, "forward deployed carrier" that would be the USS Kitty Hawk, correct? No, of course that does not may you a *ahem* coward, actually that is pretty cool!

All in all, like people have said. “Its not who made your car, its how it performs.” So please peeps, let’s put racism and "makism" aside and just have fun with our cars! Or jets, what ever you drive.

Comment

its not the literal meaning of the word. it is just the one the words have gained slowly over time. there are many little details but i dont want to discuss the subject either because it often creates problems. in fact i say there should now be one super company nizazdata (ni from nissan az from mazda and da from honda and ta from toyota) maybe even a universal company but i would forget to many companies so you guys can figure that one out. i did not include lexus because of its affiliation with toyota or acura because its american. only rwd acura is nsx anyways.

Comment

Thats a cool idea, but alot of people I know are "non-conformists". So speaking from there point of view, Unifying the companies is a bad idea. It also makes it so there is no competition (from the car aspect). And if there is no competition, theres no fun. Atleast thats how I see it. On the other hand it would be pretty cool to see hybrids of cars. I myself have designed some cars in my free time, and made something that looked like a corvette (C5), viper, and 3000GT combination. If I find the paper I drew it on I'll try and scan and post it if anyone is interested.

Comment

i hope cars never become like manufactured homes. i was just joking because that would really suck.

Comment

Originally posted by VertigoEpidemic

All in all, like people have said. “Its not who made your car, its how it performs.” So please peeps, let’s put racism and "makism" aside and just have fun with our cars! Or jets, what ever you drive.
                            My "domestic" will tear the doors off of anything...and if she can't tear the doors off, she'll blow the whole damn thing up. That's all I have to say about that.

Comment

....*sigh*... such a violant person.... or is it just the car?

Comment

Working...
                              X