Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone wrote on 06-16-2004 03:13 AM:
    Whats on the Kappa platform?

Pontiac Solstice, Chevy Nomad, Saturn Curve, and maybe even the Buick Bengal or Zeta - it's a full frame with a number of available high-output motors, RWD, ~2750 lbs and awesome suspension.

2.4l ECOTEC 4 making 170hp through 5-speed trans and optional supercharged 240hp vervion coupled to 6-speed are the primary drivetrain setups as of right now.

Think RPS13 and 6-speeds for under $20k new...

-MR

Comment

Yes im very excited about the kappa cars, I want to see a sport coupe and hatchback made in the spirit of the S13.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz

How bout korean cars, huh huh??
        They're all FF...and well....I have yet to see a Korean car worth mentioning,or anything out of Korea besides Samsung .

Comment

Hey!!! My hyundai is awesome! Its a tank outh there, it can threaten any car with its exhaust leak! No buts about it, its really good daily driver, nice A/C and cruise control...

So I vote other for Korean, mwhahah

But you got served, oh god lord o mighty...you did not just say that sucka! LOL

Comment

I wish there was a poll option of 'Doesn't matter' - import and domestic can be drifted. Most of my friends drift imports, i happen to be drifting what i have.

My 1986 domestic with over 100k miles, and an automatic - managed to qualify 7th at a Formula D event - driver ability and vehicle modifications are more important than the country of manufacture. Hell, the El Camino was made in Mexico

Comment

mranlet,
              thanks for clearing that up for me.

i figured it was a concept setup, but i had no idea for what cars or even what it looked like. I heard something about a ford/rx8 thing comming out, supposed to have a v6 or v8 in the mazda rx8 body style, no idea about that yet...
              also nissan's new GTR supposedly looks like the infinity G35 but is awd and has an 8speed "rally style" paddle shifter.

dont quote me cause i have no idea how valid the information is. lotsa made up false info out there...
              Last edited by OH240SE; 06-16-2004, 10:07 AM.

Comment

No prob man.

Kappa is going to rock!

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
                  Think about how Soultron feels - not only an American car, but the worst one ever made!

...just wait until the Kappa platform is released by GM...

-MR

PS: What's a "rocker arm"?
                  Did you think I meant chevette? Because I really did mean Chevelle.

Comment

Re: Re: Better for Drift?: American VS. Japanese

Originally posted by OH240SE
                    Its the driver bro, not the car.
                    And u call urself an American, have some pride boy!

The best drift car in the world would be useless in the hands of someone who can't drive it. I guess its all about what u've grown up on, what ur used to and what u know.
                    Japan cornered market on drift cars the same way America had in drag racing, by making their cars and parts more appealing in the media.

Think back a few years... late 80's - mid-90's

Drivers could have just as easily chased down a new 240, Rx7 or eighty6 with a new iroc, cobra, or vette on a drift track or touge with cars being only semi-stock. Its not fair to try and stereotype a car, because i doubt that anyone has ever mass produced a car to the general public just based on how well it can drift.

but if i had to vote, i'd go japanese just because i've never driven any of the american sports-cars long enough to play with it.
                    I never said it was a stereotype, definitely, but i've seen plenty american cars just give out, i myself am vietnamese, i dont care about all that american pride ****, but as long as i live here i consider myself a representative for my country as well as the country i currently live in. It's not how i consider that the american cars are typically bad, but the media has escalated the theme of "drift" to a point in which the true creators of "drift" are not being honored enough and the americans claiming that they can do it better as well as in their own cars. But that's what i ahve seen, i just wanted to hear out on your opinions, i wouldnt mind getting flamed, by the way, why are you even replying to this thread if you have never experienced an american car long enough to face the facts? I've co-owned a ford taurus 86(my pops), and some other junks that i tried to mold into race cars, and that didn't work well, thats why i'm sticking with japanese cars. But, thanks for the opinions everyone has brought about in my massive flame for a thread.

Comment

Who is the true creator of DRIFT, really?? It's older than you know, bro.

Comment

Hahaha this is getting even better now that we know your opinions about domestic cars are based off an 86 Taurus. Hahahahahahah. Thats like if I tried to build a Toyota Paseo for a race car and then failed. All Imports suck!! hahahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                          Hahaha this is getting even better now that we know your opinions about domestic cars are based off an 86 Taurus. Hahahahahahah. Thats like if I tried to build a Toyota Paseo for a race car and then failed. All Imports suck!! hahahahahah
                          Thats why i drive a Nissan... Nothing but turbocharged gold from the humblest Sentra to the mightiest GT-R.... oh wait we arent in japan? well in that case never mind.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Better for Drift?: American VS. Japanese

Originally posted by DriftinCressida
                            i myself am vietnamese, i dont care about all that american pride ****, but as long as i live here i consider myself a representative for my country as well as the country i currently live in.
                            V-Unit!!!!!!
                            Viet pride........in Civics and Neons...haha.....You couldn't have chose a worse time to "represent" for vietnamese.

Comment

This American vs Japanese issue is worse than the abortion issue. There's pros and cons to both, I choose Japanese because their cars seem to have more balance then your ordinary American muscle monster. Sure you have your stangs, Shos, SRT-4s, and Vipers. But the most balanced cars America has to offer that isn't a million pounds with a big engine producing a 1000 ponies because of a NA tune up and a big supercharger are Vettes and GT40s and they're way out of my price range. Vipers could be balanced but that requires suspension work. I think the Japanese cars a just more balanced for the whole power to weight ratio, so we'll leave dragging for us americans. (Even though Civics are eating mustangs) or nascar, we're winning at that. We do well at the LeMans too. The Japanese can have drifting, and lots of other things. Look at this way Japan is making robots and we're still working on stealth fighter jets. You be the judge

Comment

i was brought up on honda. i was taught that domestic cars are the "devil" but you do have to realize the aftermarket was created in the u.s. and guess what cars came in the generation before your 80s cars. that is right almost every car before that was a muscle car from america but i also realize that 80s was probably 50-50 but i think the newest generation of cars belongs to japan or did with the old GT-R. but oh well the G35 is sort of wierd and same with the new skyline. i would go with a silvia over either but too bad they stopped making those. actually i dont know who is making great cars because look at japan RX7-dead Silvia-dead cool skylines-dead supra-dead. and then honda came out with the S2000 which is the only rwd import i can think of that is brand new.

Comment

Working...
                                X