No announcement yet.

Better for Drift?: American VS. Japanese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come to think of it there is a Ford Focus that has a V8 in it that i think would make a hella wicked drifter. Can't remember where i saw it, but its a special model/conversion kit. I'll look it up if people are interested... then again anyone can just google it.

Comment

yeah i read that article in scc. it supposedly has so much power it needed 4 big guys to keep it from burning out just by tapping the gas. that would be really cool though. i have never been a big fan of the focus but it sound nice.

Comment

Ditto... I'd still drive a ZX3. They have that cool hatch back swoopy kinda look to them. But thats all they have going for them.

Comment

Originally posted by blargonator
          i was brought up on honda. i was taught that domestic cars are the "devil" but you do have to realize the aftermarket was created in the u.s. and guess what cars came in the generation before your 80s cars. that is right almost every car before that was a muscle car from america but i also realize that 80s was probably 50-50 but i think the newest generation of cars belongs to japan or did with the old GT-R. but oh well the G35 is sort of wierd and same with the new skyline. i would go with a silvia over either but too bad they stopped making those. actually i dont know who is making great cars because look at japan RX7-dead Silvia-dead cool skylines-dead supra-dead. and then honda came out with the S2000 which is the only rwd import i can think of that is brand new.
          What about the IS300? SC430, I know they're expensive luxury they're still RWD and cool in my eyes. Definitely Japanese too. Don't forget the 350Z either. And the Mazdaspeed Miata is awesome. RX8 is here for the rotar category. Not everything is dead. Just not afforadable.

Comment

Personally I think Nissan cars are the best... but thats coming from a 300zx owner. I guess I really all depends on what car suites you. If you dirve better in a Mazda then drive a Mazda. If you drive better in a Saturn, by all means, drive a Saturn.

Personally I think a Nissan 240sx or a 300zx have a perfect combination of handling and power. From what I've seen, the 240sx is probably the most popular though, but you didn's ask about whats popular.

Comment

I like all cars...imports domestics whatever. What would make a good drift car? I think thats someones personal preference. Most of my family drives japanese cars, I drive a euro. My first car was a 67 mustang, it had over 160K miles and it never broke down on me!

Comment

Originally posted by bdjoe
                Did you think I meant chevette? Because I really did mean Chevelle.
                No, I know. Chevelle and Chevette are just so similar, SOultron came to mind...

G35 is the new Skyline - Nissan's Japan site calls it the Skyline and talks about the GTR's AWD system.

I don't really get the whole import versus domestic thing. To me it's like saying that chicken is better than beef or something...

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet

-MR
                  well, the words are similar.... but besides the bowtie, there's not much else. heh.

and just because I haven't said it in a while, on the domestic/import thing.....

who cares?

Comment

it dosent matter were your your car is from just as long as it performs, japan still has a lot of cool stuff, and i like jdm junk, but detroit is making a come back, the new gto is suposed to be very balanced(and heavy), ford has the new mustang wich should be very good, the kapa plat form, and chrystler is puttin hemies in every thing! (they just need chargers and cudas again that can road race, and drag with the best, and drift), also our chrystle concored is a aout and has over 100,000 miles and is running strong, and chrystler, mitsubishe trnsmisons suck untill now, also a lot of companies have both jap and american cars(ford mazda,gm izuzu,chrystler mitsubishe) so it dosnt matter were its from

Comment

nice spelling, btw jap is a racial slur

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet

G35 is the new Skyline - Nissan's Japan site calls it the Skyline and talks about the GTR's AWD system.

I don't really get the whole import versus domestic thing. To me it's like saying that chicken is better than beef or something...

-MR
                        the g35 is a skyline gt in japan. the gtr is not out yet

Comment

I know, but the website still talks about it.

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by DriftinCressida
                            nice spelling, btw jap is a racial slur
                            don't go there with that crap...it's an abbreviation not a slur..People that say its a slur obviously don't know what a real racial slur towards a Japanese is,and are just whining over nothing.

Comment

the thing that really sucks is that most of you guys are from cali or something but you dont realize how bad it is in michigan. the economy is terrible, soon domestic cars will not even be domestic. just really cheap pieces of.....anyways thanks for remembering those cars like 350Z and the IS300 but you forgot about the Chaser and altezza but i think both of those are done. the altezza is the IS300 anyways but i really like those. if by affordable they mean pay for 6 years at $200 a month i guess, wait no...500 a month for type s rsx for 5 years and that is 21,000 so...500 for 6 years whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
                                don't go there with that crap...it's an abbreviation not a slur..People that say its a slur obviously don't know what a real racial slur towards a Japanese is,and are just whining over nothing.
                                Not exactly. I'm Japanese and I can tell you, it's a slur no matter how you slice it. Just because you can't handle typing Japanese doesn't mean it is any less offensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X