No announcement yet.

Initial D Epidemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hate it when people compare anything about drifting immediatly to Initial D.

Comment

For me it started when i owned my first corolla. It was a 1990 corolla. front wheel drive. I was looking into buying parts for my car. When ever i tried to do this only parts for the 85-87 corolla where available. then i was like why is there so much for these year corollas. THen i looked into these cars and the main title the gave it was the hachiroku. Then it was downhill from there. Friends showed me option videos and i was like this is amazing. That is how it happened.

Comment

uhh i started drifting a while back. i was learning how to do some donuts for a little bit. a friend showed me an option video. and i tried it. i dont go out drifting everyday, but i do go fridays and saturdays and sometimes sundays.

as for intial D. i like the cartoon. its not like its a crime to watch cartoons. thats basically all i watch. naruto, some old dbz's, ruroni something something that samurai guy. family guy. all that stuff. :P

Comment

Originally posted by hachi_drifter
          . Then it was downhill from there.
          haha love how you worked that in cuz of its double meaning...

Comment

Family guy rules, I heard they were going to continue it soon with a third season.

Comment

i was influenced by drifting when i picked up a sport compact car mag at walmart and the had coverage of the first falken tire drift shoffoff in the u.s and i was like holy *censored*. I looked on ebay for drifting vids and there was an option video 108 at tsukuba circiut i've been into it ever since then later i saw intitial d
              FAMILY GUY ROCKS

Comment

Its funny how I find this same topic on multiple forums. Then people have to explain how they got into this sport and how they "keep it reaaal", then others defend the "ID got me introduced to drifting".

Who cares...

Do what you do and dont worry about others and the reasons they do what they do.

Note: not directed towards anybody in particular just a common observation I see throughout the online drifting community.

Comment

ive always liked auto racing, i started by racing rc cars when i was younger, still do it sometimes, but then I went to europe on vacation and ended up going to a formula one race without even knowing wtf f1 was, and damm it was awesome, anyways, I also always liked rally racing too, specially the the way turns were made, i guess it qualifys as a drift? or a powerslide? i dont know the difference yet, anyways, then my friend bought this manga of initial d, which i had heard of before but never actually watched, i started reading the manga and really liked it, then i started watching the dvds, now im just now reading more about it and thinking of getting a car just for drifting, my current car is a shitty fwd, anyways, here i am now and thats what got me here

Comment

I got into drifting a while back from playing Gran Turismo 1 on PSX. I do like Initial D though, for a while there saying something like "Wow, you really pulled a Takumi on that one" would be considered a good joke. Now it's considered rice. Sucks.

Comment

i dont think its influence could be considered bad or good really. I mean i found out about drifting by initial d, lemme tell the story; on Kazaa i somehow got a song from initial d, so i thought initial d was a band so i dl'd a bunch of initial d songs from kazaa, then wondering what their music videos would be like i did a serach on Kazaa for initial d videos, to my surprise i get a tv show, as i start watching a couple episodes and hearing drifting over and over i remeber something from the GT2 driving manual, suddenly it all clicks, i had been drifting in GT2 and 3 for years, so now we wind where i am today, hooked to drifting, and all thanks to illegal programs and Initial D!

Comment

Well, one day me and my friend were very bored, and it was raining. So we decided to ride 4 wheelers, he had a 99' Banshee and I had some 98' Kawasaki Baja (I mainly rode dirtbikes, but we were riding on a slick road, so therfore a deathtrap for me and led me to have to drive the 4wheeler).

Anyways, we went out to this back paved road w/ lots of corners and such, and it was raining. And mainly what it came down to was seeing if we could keep the 4wheelers in complete slides while going through the corner. And basically our new thing for that day was racing through the corners while sliding.

Somewhere a few days after that, I some how found out that what we were doing was actually a very highly respected sport in Japan. So I did a little research on some things, didnt pay no attention really to boards or anything since I wouldnt be driving for a few more yrs. But soon discovered GT3, Ridge Racer, TXR0 and Initial D. Anddddd thats about it.... So really, initial D was just somthing to watch to pass the days that brought some what of an intrest to me
                        [edit for the most n00bish 11yr old spelling error that I could never live up to be ridiculed over]
                        Last edited by Cade; 06-22-2004, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deluxe_247
                          Its funny how I find this same topic on multiple forums. Then people have to explain how they got into this sport and how they "keep it reaaal", then others defend the "ID got me introduced to drifting".
                          Its the time tested reason for not wanting to be a 'poser' i.e. not wanting to be a person who was influenced by pop culter even though they are doing something people find 'cool'. Sadly enough, ID has become pop. "Tokyo Pop" nuff said.

Comment

i first got started back in late 01...i went to little tokyo with my mom tos ome shopping center...and i just walked intoa bookstore becuase they had car magazines in the front.After i browsed around for a while, i finnaly found the car section.And to my surprise they were playing an Option video..i was like..."WOAH! WTF?!?! why are they sideways?" and one of the guys who was watching it explaned it to me...so i bought a some mag that looked cool (i cant read japanese)...then i went home and looked on good ol' Kazaa. Ever since then ive been hooked. As for ID, i found out about that my my freinds dad's shop(Super VIP in Alhambra, anyone heard of it?)one of the guys had brought in the first season so he can watch it(he never does any work) so i watched a little...now, its so dman annoying....especialy with 11 year olds talking about it and thinking they're the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*....

Comment

ok, I am down with ID causing the annoying ankle biters. God forbid you have one of the cars from the show. Some lil twerp was bashing my 7 the other day. Should have drop kicked the *bleep*er.

Comment

but guys... i can really pull a Takumi gutter trick in my mom's camry, really!

oh yeah another thing: i was tlaking to this kid from up my street ewho said he was into cars. first he said he wanted to get a charger like in FnF with a manual!!! (wow i thought) then he wanted NOS!!!!!!!! so i asked the kid what a clutch was, he didnt even know.... sad. That one was bout FnF not ID but hey

Comment

Working...
                                X