No announcement yet.

Initial D Epidemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, the ol "movie not to be mentioned". I wouldnt cry if the whole NOS corp. headquarters went up in a giant ball of flames. Why not just strap alot of bottle rockets to the back of your car and throw a stick of dynamite under your hood. "Got Blast?"

Comment

Well ive been watching anime since i was 5... thats 11 years, last summer i took my friends to the anime expo in anaheim. my friend was looking for a manga to get into and he picked up initial d and asked me is this good? im told him i had heard mixed reviews on it and had never read it. he bought it and loved it. i had known a bit about drifting before this but it really was ID that started us up on drifting. i dont like initial d that much, the music is cool and the battles are cool too but the animation/story/characters suck and being a long time anime/manga fan it doesnt do much for me. but i do owe my respect to it, for its the reason im into drifting now. wow its amazing that its been a year since that convention...

Comment

What does how long you have been into anime have to do with this?

Comment

whats with you flaming me?

Comment

well, i got into drifting last year, in Aug. in the inaugrual D1GP in irwindale speedway in cali. well, i check that out, thought i was pretty exciting and i ended up buying th Aug. D1gp DVD at the March 6th HIN.

Comment

It all just comes down to what ways people have of finding out about drifting. Its starting to pick up slowly but surely in the mid atlantic. Will see what happens at this event called hyperfest comming up next month. US Drift will be giving full day classes for about $140.

Comment

who would pay money to be tought how to drift, kinda defeats a lot of the point to me. learning your car and figuring it out yourself is half the experiance.

Comment

Originally posted by D1misser
                  wow its amazing that its been a year since that convention...
                  Speaking of which, the next one is next weekend. I'll be there with a few other ACD guys. Maybe I'll see you around.

Comment

who would pay money to be tought how to drift, kinda defeats a lot of the point to me. learning your car and figuring it out yourself is half the experiance.
                    Because there is a technique involved. You are right, you should know your car before even trying to drift but there are pros our there, even in the US and they know a good bit about it. Its the same thing with grip driving, its more than just pressing the gas pedal and turning the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                      Speaking of which, the next one is next weekend. I'll be there with a few other ACD guys. Maybe I'll see you around.
                      Really? awesome, me and monkeymagic will be there along with some of my other friends. half the reason i go is to laugh at some of the cosplay.

Comment

Really? awesome, me and monkeymagic will be there along with some of my other friends. half the reason i go is to laugh at some of the cosplay.
                        Heheh, nothing wrong with it.

Haha, Cordes, I think this calls for your favorite pic.

Comment

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                          Heheh, nothing wrong with it.

Haha, Cordes, I think this calls for your favorite pic.
                          I've seen some people post seem messed up *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*,I'm hoping your not reffering to that middle-aged guy who runs around dressed up like Sailor Moon.That's just not right.

Comment

Nah, not that bad. =P

Comment

haha...all i have to say is... yah! i was infulenced by initial d to drift! but not the anime nor the manga... i originally started playing the game cuz i wanted to beat mi frens at sumthin cuz they all played it... i started playing initial d when arcade stage 1 came out... i didnt even kno that there was such thing as drifting outside of mountain passes... but i would rather touge then race on a circuit track...

Comment

Haha, yeah, I'm with ACD. We're a pretty big SoCal touge team. But mum's the word with anything not legal on this forum. If you want to talk touge, just PM me.

Comment

Working...
                                X