No announcement yet.

Best Drift Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i said the Mazda FD...it's soooo sexy....with the twin turbo....two rotarys(RX-7's use rotarys not pistons ...how do they do that??!!!...he..he)

Comment

do you seriously need an explanation?

Comment

IMO, S13 240SX

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
          do you seriously need an explanation?
          who me?...nooo...nissanguy i was being sarcastic....i know the works....i wouldn't call myself fd3s_pilot if i didn't know the rotary works....but thanx for being thoughtful maybe us rotary freaks would make a theard explaining the works...maybe...

Comment

I've offered to make a beginner thread on rotarys in the past.. I was originally a big FC fan before i came upon my first S13 *sigh* love at first site... err anyways i ended up knowing a thing or two about rotarys. However i would feel much better if guys who actualy have turned wrenches on rotarys did something like that.

Comment

lol....funny story i used to love s13..kinda still do,but when i laid eyes on a black FD for the first time in dealer showroom::::my love at first sight:::::then when i found out (after annoying the sales person and the rest of the dealership people..hehe) the Fd uses rotarys not pistons i was like "the hell is a rotary?" they happily explained to me the basic....u know even my geometry(i think thats how it spelled) teacher used rotarys in a lesson...we were the only ones that know about rotaries and the rest of the class was like ....now that's a gooood teacher!!!! to bad his retired now i'll think about the thread idea i'll pm the other FCs and FDs guy about it, but i'll find some good pics for the newbies...

Comment

i can help you with some info on the rotary thread...

Comment

Nissan Silvia S15 with a SR20DETT ;;HANDS DOWN;; best drifting car

Comment

in america, i would have to say the s13, due to the high availability of the car itself and the wide range of parts available to consumers.

however, in the land of the rising sun, s15 hands down.

since this is a newbie thread, just because takumi drifts a hachi-roku in ID doesnt mean its the ONLY car to drift. its fun because you have to keep it wound out constantly, but its really only fun for people who really have the basics down. what makes a good drift car is not only how fun it is to drive, but also the availability of parts, price of the car, availablilty of the car, and how easy it is to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                      I've offered to make a beginner thread on rotarys in the past.. I was originally a big FC fan before i came upon my first S13 *sigh* love at first site... err anyways i ended up knowing a thing or two about rotarys. However i would feel much better if guys who actualy have turned wrenches on rotarys did something like that.
                      can u make a rotary thread? i don't know too much about them i want to learn about the engine.

Comment

Re: In Your Opinion Whats The Best Drift Car

i think the the fc would probably be the best drift car because theyre cheap and they perform well, (they look pretty cool too)plus if u wreck em' its not much cash out of you pocket. the only bad thing i hear people say about them is that when your trying to pull of an E-brake drift the wheels lock up a lot tighter than most other vehicles, but thats just what i heard (i have yet to actually try this technique). but thats just my opinion

Comment

heh, best drift car would be the one i own, cause i'm too poor to sell it and buy another car more suitable. now prepare yourselves, for i have a....

VOLVO 740 GLE! (auto too)

just too bad that the shocks are terrible, and the bushings in the suspension arms are really worn down, the engine puts out about 110hp, and i'm guessing the weight distribution is about 60-40 from how it handles. at least i know that when i run it into stuff, i won't be looking at costly body repairs because the bumper is the toughest thing i've ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by ozzimark
                            heh, best drift car would be the one i own, cause i'm too poor to sell it and buy another car more suitable. now prepare yourselves, for i have a....

VOLVO 740 GLE! (auto too)

just too bad that the shocks are terrible, and the bushings in the suspension arms are really worn down, the engine puts out about 110hp, and i'm guessing the weight distribution is about 60-40 from how it handles. at least i know that when i run it into stuff, i won't be looking at costly body repairs because the bumper is the toughest thing i've ever seen
                            Sounds like many a first drift car lol.

Actually its not to different then my old auto S13

Comment

Sounds like many a first drift car lol.

Actually its not to different then my old auto S13
                              yeah, the way i think of it is that if i can do it on this thing, when i finally get a better car, i'll be that much more prepared and less likely to wreck my beautiful baby

Comment

Ì guess in the northwest we are getting raped on prices for 240s then. I just looked at one for 1000, needed a new clutch, missing parts of the interior and was rear ended, that was a deal in my opinion. I guess its just different up here. Corollas are still relatively cheap, not easy to find though.

You are absolutely right about the appeal of the 240, its a good looking car, and the corolla doesnt win any awards in that department.

Comment

Working...
                                X