No announcement yet.

Best Drift Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, 3 pages of bullcrap. I saw one post that skimmed over what would make a good drift car to learn on, that was posted by Boro86driver.

The hachi (Corolla) is probably one of the worst rwd cars to LEARN on. It's light yes, balanced, sort of, but SHORT WHEEL BASE makes it very UNSTABLE and twitchy. I know, cause I learned in one. It's an old car, they break alot, etc. etc.
    HOWEVER, if you can manage to become good in a short wheel base Corolla, you can drift anything.

Anything with a longer wheelbase but not too long, makes for a much more stable platform for drift. Which happens to be an S chassis, in fact, I would say the S14 is the easiest to drift as far as S chassis goes. However other larger RWD cars are very easy to drift and very forgiving.... but your limited to that in the states I guess. Im not just talking out of my a$$ either (like most people here seem to do), I have owned, built, raced, and drifted the cars I speak of above.

So you want something, STABLE... which means a decent wheelbase, ie: not hachi roku Corolla.
    Affordable, because you will spend all your other money on fixing the car, parts, and tires. Drifting is expensive and to be good at it, requires alot of time, practice, and talent, so if your not willing to commit to all of that, then don't waste your time.

Comment

Your second post doesn't make you a god.

Comment

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ever heard of djelektrique? and now ziptied.com! HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!
        ive been checkin out what this guys been doin for YEARS! his second post doesnt make him a god, nothing does, but his ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE makes his words hold more weight than oh.........99.9% of people here.
        sorry, i just had to say that because ive been seein what this guys about for years, and thats realness.
        Last edited by 05m0515; 07-28-2004, 02:23 AM.

Comment

PLEASE DONT DOWN SIZE ANY CARS I WAS JUST ASKING FOR YOU TO TELL ME YOUR FAV.IF YOU DONT LIKE THE 86 KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF.

P.S. NO DISRESPECT
          OR MAYBE A LITTLE
          BUT NOT ALOT

Comment

Originally posted by nightkid007
            PLEASE DONT DOWN SIZE ANY CARS I WAS JUST ASKING FOR YOU TO TELL ME YOUR FAV.IF YOU DONT LIKE THE 86 KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF.
            If you are referring to me, I'm not "downsizing" any car, I owned a hachi and have raced/driven quite a few, I personally like them for what they CAN be, but I am not ignorant to the fact that they are old underpowered cars that require much maintenance and are not good for beginners.

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech Your second post doesn't make you a god.
            bow down!

j/k... I had to say it.

Comment

Nightkid, Mike is right about the AE86... I was thinking about getting one and did the research. They're 17-19 years old now and require lots of work. Most have high mileage. Mike is also right about the shorter wheelbase being harder for a newbie to drift.

Comment

i know about the ae86 already i am just trying to stop any conflict on this thread.

naww mean

Comment

Turbo Rx-7. cheapest car to drift, and easy to work on. engines go for 750 compared to 1000 and above for sr motors (nipponmotors.com) dont belive the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored* ppl say about rotary motors, most people are ignorant when it comes to these engines. They are just like any other engine. If you take care of it it will reward you with a long lasting engine, if you dont, then it will *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* up on you.

Comment

The car to learn in is definately a baet down 240sx s-13, I believe that these cars were made just so that teenagers all over the world would learn how to drift into stuff, everyone who is learning how to drift, basically has to crash and one of the funnest cars to crash is the 240sx.

Comment

well for my 2¢ one of the better cars to learn to drift in is a big clunker of a american car like a camaro or to a lesser extent the mustang the maro for the simple reason of older is cheaper till we get to the late 60`s models but i digress once you learn how to throw the big weight around the little wieght is a snap and one thing the american cars have is weight CrazyHawaiian drifts camaros and he can tell you more about them i just goof off woth what ever car i get for free or near nothing like my blown to high heaven s12 200sx that i killed earlier this year god rest its smelly blown headgasketed soul

Comment

i say ae-86 for noobies and mabey something bigger with more power for more experienced drifters

Comment

this thread is almost 7 years old.. have any opinions changed?

Comment

Nope. Good ol S chassis is still the best. So many ways you can go with it. I don't like it but with these LS* conversions it is proven king.

Comment

How many diferent LSX S13s been on the FD podium?

Comment

I love y Cressida I own 2 of them both jz swapped and there getting more and more suspension parts made for them and getting to be quiet fun to drive we here at battlestage all own one 3 are jz swapped two are 7mgte swapped and we can say enough on how much we love them!!

Comment

Working...
                                X