Formula D Sonoma (FEEDBACK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mav1178
    Actually at the driver's meeting it was made clear that the first run was the practice run, and the 2nd run that immediately follows is the qualifying run, and that if time permits a second round of qualifying would be allowed.
    -alex
    Oh i wasn't at the meeting. heh...guess im a little behind.

Comment

Hey you did an awesome job out there! WTF they judged the 2nd run only???? No wonder we didnt qualify!!!!
      What was explained in the drivers meeting for qualifying was this:

1 run for practice. Then drivers come right back up and go immediately into their first judged qualifying run. The entire field runs through under that process (1 practice run, 1 qualifying run) When the first driver gets back up to the front of the line when all other competitors had gone we would look at the time and if time allowed for it we would have a secondary practice run immedialtely followed by the second judge qualifying run. Due to time we did not have time for a secondary practice run prior to the secondary qualifying run so drivers went right into the secondary qualifying run.

Scores are based on the BEST of two runs. Worst run gets thrown out. Qualifying determines who you compete against in the Top 16. !st place qualifier vs 16th place qualifier 2nd vs 15th and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoPower
        wait so im your hero im a kid compared to you(not saying your old or anything)? lol i feel so blessed but your my hero you have the best attitude and i think your the coolest out of them all.
        hey, all your heros are my heros too!

Comment

Someone has set us up the drift...

All your heros are belong to us...

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by driftingpink
            Im really sorry to inform you, but since you must not of been paying attention at any one of the past three Formula D events "No one competing in the series accepts the Viper or Samuel due to that he stands behind that Works car and defends the legality of it being in the series. The only reason that vehicle is still competing in Formula D " possibly unknown to you " is that all of us competing in the FD series took a vote after the Atlanta event in an FD meeting " that none of the Mopar team nor Sam showed up to for some reason " and voted the car in until the end of the 04 season, the reason why we did so is because we felt that if we kicked it out Sam would not of been able to catch another ride quick enough to complete the series. As for Sam making contact don't forget Laguna Seca please.
            Im not sure if you were at the podium when Sam was announced the winner but if you were then you saw that no more than 3 people clapped for him " Pretty sad I say " but as for Calvin and Dai they both got such a loud congrats from all. If Sam ever wants to fit in which is most likely to late, is to first get into a car that is non disputed production car.
            Personally I like him yes he is a little snobby but thats just the euro in him I guess, As for his driving " He is Awesome and its true that he could possibly drive anything in his path. Most of us in the series feel that if he was still in the Jasper Supra then he might of been way more excepted by everyone and still possibly kicking all of our asses.
            I'm really sorry you feel this way. Are you one of the drifters? What is your name? The only reason I said that most of the competitors don't have a problem with him or the car, is because everyone offers their congratulations, and says that, that car inspires them to do better. If everyone in the class truly hates this car, then why do they all say congrats and talk to us? You have to admit that it is funny how many people tried out for the ride in the Viper and then when they didn't get it, they talked bad about the car. I truly believe that the car doesn't make him a better drifter. His natural ability is what makes him great..

Comment

what happen to Todd Ho???.....he's my friend's cousin.......i heard he went to Formula D......

Comment

waitaminutewaitaminutewaitaminute...............

When the ::censored:: did Steph become a drifter??? Thats awsome. How did he do??

Comment

Originally posted by driftingpink
                  Dear Larriani,

Well first off thanks for realizing that Im not one of the Awesome FD drivers, Im actually just one of the team members, and as for being a sore looser that just isn't in our book. If we felt that way that viper would of been booted months ago.
                  As for the S15's running 450-hp, no one I know ever disputed that nor felt it was an unfair advantage. If someone can built a 4 cylinder 450-hp motor that can reliably compete in drift then bring it on. As for your statement " anyways a few of those cars make like 300 hp...so his makes stock 255 hp. I don't really see the big deal. " I hope you know it pushes 500plus hp out of a minority tuned 10cyl. that was designed to run 10hour plus endurance races. All our cars are pushed to the limits but that thing just starts to warm up after and day of drift.
                  Originally posted by NFJohn
                  I'm really sorry you feel this way. Are you one of the drifters? What is your name? The only reason I said that most of the competitors don't have a problem with him or the car, is because everyone offers their congratulations, and says that, that car inspires them to do better. If everyone in the class truly hates this car, then why do they all say congrats and talk to us? You have to admit that it is funny how many people tried out for the ride in the Viper and then when they didn't get it, they talked bad about the car. I truly believe that the car doesn't make him a better drifter. His natural ability is what makes him great..
                  And the viper engine is stock too!!!
                  Last edited by Wickdmarz; 07-13-2004, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
                    And the viper engine is stock too!!!
                    Some would even say the 86s are unfair compared to the viper...

i wouldnt be that some one though.

If nothing else this whole thing brings up some serious questions, in subjective sports like this you need to be very careful about who gets paid by what. Mopar is a sponsor of the series. Mopar is winning the series. If nothing else that is a conflict of interest. If Mopar is partly responsible for the judges having a job then they shouldnt be judging mopar.

Any sport like this will have these allegations come up and they need to be very careful. Even if all the mopar guys are honest and all the judges are honest and honorable, it still sets an environment where money can influence the outcome of close races. Even if its not a conscous descision. And even if the mopar guy all clean and its not an issue, with out strict rules on it it leads to the possibility of these thigns comming up again later, with either new guys in mopar or judges OR different groups who are running and giving money.
                    Last edited by nissanguy_24; 07-13-2004, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                      Some would even say the 86s are unfair compared to the viper...

i wouldnt be that some one though.
                      Exactly then...so should there be a hp limit??? So everyone can compete at the same level???? I know a few s13 or s14 would be unfair to an 86 to tandem against too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
                        Exactly then...so should there be a hp limit??? So everyone can compete at the same level???? I know a few s13 or s14 would be unfair to an 86 to tandem against too.
                        who said anything about a horse power limit?

Now one thing i will say is the viper engine gives sam a power band thats unbeatable in the series. and i've seen him change his angle with nothing more then the throttle.

Im not saying that is unfair in and of its self. But we all have to reconize that the viper IS a hell of a car. it has clear advantages in alot of areas, its not unbeatable.. although combined with Sam's skill it comes close. My complaints about the viper where all based on the idea that next year i feared more and more of these high dollar cars would be more prevelent... not really so much that the viper would have an overwelming advantage. but thats "MY" complaints, not everyones here.

Comment

Damn six pages already?? I just got home from the event.... 35 hours straight back to Dallas. Hey Benson the car was looking slick! I didn’t even know it was you till I looked over and saw you staged next to me.
                          I loved Sonoma! I hope we have that location next year too. The course lay out was sick. I just need some more work on those high speed drifts. I can’t wait to go to Irwindale. I hear it is going to be the D1 layout.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                            who said anything about a horse power limit?

Now one thing i will say is the viper engine gives sam a power band thats unbeatable in the series. and i've seen him change his angle with nothing more then the throttle.

Im not saying that is unfair in and of its self. But we all have to reconize that the viper IS a hell of a car. it has clear advantages in alot of areas, its not unbeatable.. although combined with Sam's skill it comes close. My complaints about the viper where all based on the idea that next year i feared more and more of these high dollar cars would be more prevelent... not really so much that the viper would have an overwelming advantage. but thats "MY" complaints, not everyones here.
                            Yea I understand that. i wouldnt to see that either...

Comment

i read somewhere back in these posts that the viper isn't very appreciated, well thats how it sounded anyways. someone else was complaining about horsepower numbers and this and that. power to weight ratio...come on! personally i would think that it's the torque numbers. it's kinda hard to pull high torque numbers out of 2.0 - 3.0 liters...anyways F*** all that crap, why not like the car for what it is doing for the sport of drifting? pushing the limits! making others work harder for the top spot, making people try and exceed to levels they have yet to acheive...yadda yadda yadda..its all BS

Comment

Originally posted by DONKEY_WEAR
                                did ne one c ross petty in the rotary power car out there catch air???
                                yea....that was cool....hahaha, and yea Rhy sucked......well..not sucked but he didnt seem like the nicest driver....and even though i didnt really like the viper winnin....i have to give him the credit for the that 360 in to a drift....that kicked AZZ!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X