No announcement yet.

ATESSA-ETS Kill for Drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahaha kids these days. Alright i live by motorex and have been there quite a few times. You make it sound like getting a Skyline is an easy process. its an over the year process. not to mention once the car is actually imported you wont get to drive it for 3-6 months maybe longer. I know because one of the guys who work there lives 2 blocks from me and has a different R parked every week. 32 33 34 basically he gets to drive it around until all the paperwork is cleared. But to the point dont waste ur money on the 32 if you have as much money as you say you do get something thats worth $30k. you can find a nice Z or even G35. If youre thinking daily driver haha GOOD LUCK.

and on another note the GT-R is an AWD beast, i would never disable it. Its born and bred to grip and destroy and tear the track as everyone else said if ur serious about drifting get a GTS.

Comment

nissanguy i deffently wasnt comparing the skyline to a rolla i was comparing how the gts was to the gtr as a 85 is to an 86
      and i know how extensive the process is. im not expeting the car to be able to be driven for around 10months to a year and i am ready to wait. and i would have attessa on most of the time but i want to have the option to have a fr car when i want to drift to the full potential

Comment

Have you ever drifted to even "part potential"?

Comment

I've known, for quite a while, that I need to start with a cheap easy car that I can chuck around with very little regards to. I'm 19, I have a liscence, and no, I was not inspired by Initial D, nor do I have a car to call my own.

Originally posted by sidebyslide
          hahaha kids these days. Alright i live by motorex and have been there quite a few times. You make it sound like getting a Skyline is an easy process. its an over the year process. not to mention once the car is actually imported you wont get to drive it for 3-6 months maybe longer. I know because one of the guys who work there lives 2 blocks from me and has a different R parked every week. 32 33 34 basically he gets to drive it around until all the paperwork is cleared. But to the point dont waste ur money on the 32 if you have as much money as you say you do get something thats worth $30k. you can find a nice Z or even G35. If youre thinking daily driver haha GOOD LUCK.

and on another note the GT-R is an AWD beast, i would never disable it. Its born and bred to grip and destroy and tear the track as everyone else said if ur serious about drifting get a GTS.
          I've hung out with the RB Motoring guys before, one of whom used to work for Motorex. The GT-R's AWDness can be debated here and there...but the gist of it is, a GT-S is a much better idea if you're mad tyte drift like tak.

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
          Motorex hasnt actually legalized any skylines in a while. Im not sure whats going on behind the scenes but i think something is up.

And did this guy just compare a skyline GTS to a 20 year old 80whp corrolla?
          There's definitely something up. In fact, a friend of mine sold his G35 to buy an R33 and ran into that very obstacle (he has a Z now).

80rwhp corollas get compared to a lot of things because they're maD tyTe drifT like TaK.

---

I knew a guy who was 17 when his dad bought him a twin turbo Supra. It took him a few months before the car got wrapped around a pole. It was his first car. Also, you may not think so now, but your first car will get bumps, scratches, dings and fender benders.
          Also, who's going to service it for you and how are you going to get replacement parts? Timing belt? Engine codes? Tuning and modding? It's easy in SoCal, but I dunno about washington.

Comment

If you havent even drifted at all, why start with an R32? A GTR no less...

Comment

Originally posted by Hachi-roku04
              i dont want a gts because its like getting a sr5 over a gts hatchi
              Wait , no... did you just?... oh you did! You called it a haTchi.

Yeah I'd stick with a skyline too, you'd probably kill yourself in a corolla.

P.S. SR5 = AE86 not AE85
              Last edited by Deluxe_247; 07-28-2004, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AREITU

Also, who's going to service it for you and how are you going to get replacement parts? Timing belt? Engine codes? Tuning and modding? It's easy in SoCal, but I dunno about washington.

And where is he going to find a new rb26 when he burns his first motor out by not replacing the oil, oilfilter, fuel filter, air filter ect.. things new drivers all ways just shrug off until something breaks..

Im not trying to be an *Censored**Censored**Censored*, I just know when i first started driving i started out with a crappy old cutlass that didnt run right, and it was too much car for me! and now i've droven literally hundreds of thousands of miles (lots of commuting) and for a number of years in all kinds of conditions and have became pretty competent in drifting and i still feel a GTR would be too much car for me at this point.

Comment

How do you expect to make enough money to buy a Skyline GT-R any time soon and then have the money to get in insured and pay for gas? And if you're planning on trying to drift it where are you gonna get the money to fix it when you wreck?

Comment

"And where is he going to find a new rb26 when he burns his first motor out by not replacing the oil, oilfilter, fuel filter, air filter ect.. things new drivers all ways just shrug off until something breaks.."

that is so cool that you brought that up because i have actually been learning about all of that stuff first. the way i see it is i dont really care about a car that looks cool. i just want a car that works. my father has been teaching me and my brother all of that stuff. in fact i learned how to detail a car the other day. it feels nice to have a "skill" that people pay $50-100 for.

yeah you wont really find any OEM parts in the U.S. <)8-)

Comment

Originally posted by Hachi-roku04
                      and with the 240 swap to nismo.
                      ive herd of those swaps but i think it will be almost as much to get the motor and put in and finnaly ready to drive as a skyline but it would still be a 240 sure a mega hot 240 but still not a skyline. I
                      personally id give buddy with a nismo 240 swap way more respect then somebody with a stock skyline. the fact that somebody put in the wrench time would impress me alot more.

and as for having it up too 700 hp 2 years from now were talkin bout serious money here man. not to mention the experience you need with motors to tune one to 700 hp.

Comment

heh, i almost bought a skyline, i got tired of waiting.
                        had plans for roughly 600hp and all that jazz, its not exactly a cheap nor easy project, who do you know that can tune a GTR, im lucky enough to live close to RB motoring. Dont get me wrong the skyline is a great car, but theres a reason all the nice ones are owned by very wealthy people, and its not their only car.

expect to put a clutch in after gettting it, expect problems because the guys at motorex dont exactly have good reputations for being nice to the cars, and its likely the car was driven hard in japan. Keep in mind, this is all out of your pocket, no warranty like a new car, and your paying insurance on 2 cars because you need something to drive while the skylines in the shop.

on that note, cant wait for 2007 GTR and if its gimp ill buy an r32 as a secound car.

Comment

i forgot to mention, youll probably crash it the first week, youd be far from the first skyline owner to do that, more experienced drivers then you have crashed skylines right after buying them, or when they let their friends drive them. I was going to give it a few months before i took my skyline in the canyons, i took my z after 2 weeks...

Comment

And where is he going to find a new rb26 when he burns his first motor out by not replacing the oil, oilfilter, fuel filter, air filter ect.. things new drivers all ways just shrug off until something breaks..
                            you can go to rbmotoring to get your rb parts.

RB oil filters from Fram = PH3682, aka KA filter

thermostat is compatable with the thermo from the 300zx tt

fuel filter from a subaru forester surprisingly works

fuel pump ditto as a 300zx tt

ditto with the clutch, etc.

Air filter there are aftermarket ones that will work across from the 300zx

There are alot of parts that are compatable from USDM cars, you just gotta find em. Might be a hassle but yeah. Big parts though, you'll be SOL. Timing belt parts might be difficult to get, but you'd be able to ask the guys at rbmotoring about them.

If you do get a GT-R don't do anything stupid with it will ya?

Comment

totally missed my point

Comment

totally missed my point

i got it

Comment

Working...
                                X