No announcement yet.

ATESSA-ETS Kill for Drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got your point. I'm just trying to point out a misconception that alot of members seem to have, that you can't do basic tune up on an RB which isn't the case. Yeah I think it's a bit far fetched for someone to just bust out saying that they're gonna drift a GT-R which might be their first car but if they've got the money then who cares. Not your money, it's theirs and if they crash and cry about their investment lost then boo hoo. If he's a new driver then so what? Alot of people buy cars and don't know how to take care of them. So what if it's a GT-R? It's just another car in the end. Another point, when they realize that the GT-R's a bit out of most peoples price ranges let alone to risk learning to drift on it aka probably dinging it up a bit in the process, they'll probably think otherwise. But until they get that, don't be riding some high horse thinking you're some big man. People all make mistakes with their first car in terms of servicing it if they try to do it themselves too. But that's how alot of people learn. My guess is that you probably busted some parts on your first car too. Everybody does it so why make a big deal about it?
    Last edited by ; 07-29-2004, 01:10 AM.

Comment

well the reality is theres translated service manuals, but hes not gonna have those... it pisses me off because hes gonna think hes hot *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* with his skyline and its one more douchebag im going to haveto own when his head gets too big. I dont like people who use skylines as an excuse to act like God, and this guys very likely one of those.

Comment

If it ever happens, don't disable the ATTESA - it only sends 30% power front and cen be very god for drifting due to the increased contol or having some FWD.

For your first car, don't get a Skyline. That's like getting a Corvette for your first car, or an R1 for your first bike, or instead of getting a bicycle getting a CBR600. It's just going to be a load of trouble waiting to happen.

First car doesn't have to be a beater, but it shouldn't be something that you would be upset about damaging.

If your insurance won't make you bankrupt, invest in a good condition S13, S14, A70 Supra, or other drift-ready platform. If you want AWD, a WRX would be 1/6 the cost of a Skyline and can still be converted to RWD fairly easily (but dont, because AWD drift rocks!)

Comment

I didnt mean to imply you cant do basic matienence on a RB engine, i ment to imply as a new driver he probably wouldnt.

Comment

i understand what you mean. i cant believe someone would say a skyline is just another car. that really makes me mad because i am sick of cars going to waste. i am not speaking to the person looking to buy one. i am talking in general.

any car should get the utmost respect from the owner and anyone. from ford festivas to a pagani Zonda. i am disgusted you could even say if the person crashed it no big deal. that is like buying the mona lisa, walk it out to a car and trip while you were taking it there and tearing it up. so mainly what i am saying is you should not speak poorly of any car. <8)

Comment

i want a zonda jsut for the shoes

Comment

Originally posted by blargonator
                i understand what you mean. i cant believe someone would say a skyline is just another car. that really makes me mad because i am sick of cars going to waste. i am not speaking to the person looking to buy one. i am talking in general.
                I know what you mean bout seeing cars going to waste. I've been seeing alot of newbies popping up on the 240 boards and reading about alot more crashes and impoundings. It sucks but in the end as long as it's not my car it's not really my business. It sucks to hear about it happening, but it happens every day and nothing I can do about it but try to keep it from happening to my own car. On the flip side though, even car fanatics have lapses in proper care even if they've money up the wazoo. My regular example of this is Ralph Lauren. He's got two McLaren F1's. The second one was bought when the first one had a braking system issue apparently. That made my eyebrow twitch but it's not like I could do anything about it. Besides if he wants to toss more money around not my business how he spends his money. I figure if someone does crash a skyline stateside and dumps it at a dump, I'll try my best to get a plane ticket to start a little pick and pull. lol

Nissanguy_24, I know what you mean bout the new drivers not necessarily being on top of maintainence. I've seen a few guys do that but when I was a new driver I was on top of the maintainence. But that's probably why you used 'probably' which is understandable.

hatebbobbarker, I feel you on the thing about people acting like dipshits when they have a powerful car. They rely on the power of the car to make up for their lack of skills. It's pretty sad but it happens every day too. Just gotta make sure you're not one of those a$$ clowns that do it too.

Comment

Originally posted by 180fan

hatebbobbarker, I feel you on the thing about people acting like dipshits when they have a powerful car. They rely on the power of the car to make up for their lack of skills. It's pretty sad but it happens every day too. Just gotta make sure you're not one of those a$$ clowns that do it too.
                  i am that a$$ clown, but with style.

Comment

yeah i understand you 180. it does suck but the thing abour ralph lauren is if that jerk gets two own to 1,000,000 pound (i dont know the conversion but you get it......) cars he does deserve to have a problem or something lol. that is like how about i buy a few houses and burn them. you just need one. <8-1

i have great respect for those shoes hatebobbarker. i would love to have a pair of those things.

if you do not know what we are talking about i will explain it. Pagani is a very very expensive exotic car. you can see one in the new mase video hahah.....mase is back but anyways they are so nice they have the man or woman who makes the POPE'S SHOES make you a custom fit pair of driving shoes.

Comment

they make my pilotis look like payless shoes...

Comment

I'm gonna have to call BS on this kid. Sounds like a troll and a half.

Comment

attesa ets pro, A MUST READ.

attesa ets pro is only for the rear wheel steering, Designed to aide the driver rather than remove them from the experience.

Advanced Total Traction Engineering System's And Electronic
                          Torque Split Control PRO.

Note: Attesa Ets Pro, Is just a hyped up version over the standard skylines 4wd 4ws system.

Drive bias on a GTR: Front 50%, Rear 70%
                          On normal take off from the lights or any where, The computer
                          trips in and then sends 100% drive to the rear & when your in second then 50% drive is sent to the front then 70% to the rear.

The 4 wheel steer system works only above 40 km/h.

Comment

isnt 4 wheel steering hicas?

Comment

wow guys thanks for the encouragement im sorry i even posted this thread cuz i knew i was gonna get flamed like chicken on a grill but i was just wonderin some stuff. anyways to nissanguy i know ur the god of drifting.com but dont you think if i used my life spendings on a car that i would take a little care of it. even it i am 16 that has nothing to do with it, i see 8 year olds washing and repairing there bikes and they probally didnt go on a forum that said they cant cuz there 8. so i think the same for some of the comments here, just becaust im 16 dosnt meant i cant drive (gushi ring a bell) or especally change oil and filters ect. and im not a takumi *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* personally i enjoy initial d but i didnt get into it through initial d. actually i was looking through modified mag from 02 or so and i started lookin around. then i saw some of id. and i am not comparing the skyline gts to a corrolla i was comparting the corolla sr5 to a corolla gts i know its a bad comparison but i hope u get the point. and everyone is on me for "im gonna be the badass in my skyline" like you havent been acting like a hardass when u finished ur ride or have been in a nice car. im not even gonna make this a drift machine i just wanted the option to have some fr fun.
                              im sure that some people on this site can understand where im comin from. everybody has there dream car and some have the chance to get it and some dont.
                              thanks to 180 for backin me up in some spots!
                              but just give it some thought before u light me up again
                              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hachi-roku04
                                10 grand in 7 years

ha ha 10g... R32 from motorex ha ha!... Have you tried calling them?

here's their #
                                310 523 2233
                                business hours 10am - 5pm

The website is
                                http://www.motorex.net

Good luck with the kid

Comment

Working...
                                X