Clear All

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
    You must not of been here very long.
    Longer than some other people...

Comment

Yeah it's cool. I like FF drifting.

Comment

MY OPINION:

it is not drifting if its not RWD......cheaters drift FF....its harder to use the throttle and clutch rather than only the brake and steering wheel...

Comment

i mostly agree with Freethinker on his ideas but i still think that it should be drifting...and on that note, have ya seen the civic drift vids? it seemed that the front wheels were pulling and it at least looked from my perspective that it was accelerating through at the end...but oh well.

Comment

....yeah it was speeding up ahead of the s15!!!

thats not drifting...he is not powering over AT ALL....the car is meerly pulling itself with the e-brake ON ALL THE TIME.....thats not drifting...thats just the rear brakes locked up...

Comment

I fully accept that FF's can drift, it may not look as good as FR show drifting but it can be done by people with the appropriate setup and skill. Personally, i think that it would be waste of time especially when you can jump in a FR and have more fun drifting. The experience is entirely different in FF, where the driver must stager on/off the acclerator, then use the ebrake to keep the tail end at an angle more often than when in an FR....more work, similiar effects

Comment

i think FF cars can definatly drift, i started out with my 88 corola and my 93 Z24 (which i still drift). while i cant begin with and maintain the same speeds as i can with a FR, me going sideways into a corner in my Z24 is still drifting to me.

Comment

I think that FF should be accepted. It takes alot of skill, just like rwd drift but it can be done and done well.
                  Last edited by blackbird; 08-19-2004, 10:28 PM.

Comment

FF drifting is cool...
                    theres nothing wrong with it..if an FF car is all you have to drift and you can't afford to buy a RWD car then go for it eh....

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                      d1 also doesnt allow AWD cars. Actually i only recall there being a rule about AWD cars not FWD but i may be mistaken on that.
                      you are correct. only 2WD cars, no 4WD. otherwise ryhs would've used his evo4 (?) to drift

Comment

I agree that FFs can drift. It may seem harder and not flashy to some, but I think its cool. And if its all you got then go for it because theres always someone rooting for the underdog because they'll always surprise you in the end.

Comment

It's just my opinion, but only RWD and AWD's can really drift. A FWD's slide isn't controlled by throttle inputs, and you can't maintain a drift in a FWD without using the e-brake. I have no doubt you can SLIDE a FWD, I've done it... but it's just not the true essence of drifting to me.

EDIT: however, I do NOT think it is more difficult to slide a FWD compared to a RWD. cars slide... that's just what they do when you break the limit of a tire's grip. whether it's broken with an ebrake or just a feint motion, you're going to slide. it's just different technique and timing...
                          Last edited by case; 08-18-2004, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                            Two words: Kyle Arai.
                            Haha word. I was a non-believer until I saw and rode with Kyle in his Civic. This guy can definately drift FF. Some people might base their determination on physics but I base it on feel. And after riding with Kyle on the mountain I can honestly say it felt like he was drifting. Even more-so in the rain ....

Comment

Originally posted by DrifterN
                              FF drifting is cool...
                              theres nothing wrong with it..if an FF car is all you have to drift and you can't afford to buy a RWD car then go for it eh....

WHATTTTTTTTTTTT!? lol, In the past 2 years I've had my car I paid $8300 for a 1997 yet a same year car such as an integra at that time was asking for ATLEAST $9200. Heck even RPS13's are cheaper then a 1992 civic. lol if someone couldn't afford a S13 or even just the chassis over a FF such as a post 95 integra or civic....I don't even know how to end this one lol, schit, maybe their just too hung up on FF hondas and can't let go which blinds them to the cheaper and even MORE potiential rwd cars. All it takes is patience especially with 240's, took me 6 months to get mine.

FF is fine for drifting, if and when it has a driver of high enough skill and skill alone to balance out the handicaps to make it work in his favor. Not just something that is helping the car lock up the rear tires without any help from the driver. Just don't go asking the whole import scene, there's already enough dumb teenagers with FF show cars slamming into trees from not releasing the handbrake lol.
                              Last edited by Phoen_x; 08-19-2004, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Hey, Formula D, if you're listening here...

Why don't we make some more classes for racers? I think an FF class would be totally badass... That's my opinion and I'm going to stand by it...

FF drifting is not cheating... If you use proper techniques like feinting and weight transfer, it's not cheating... Cheating is pulling a handbrake to pull off a cheap slide...

I have a friend who clutch kicks at 70 MPH to pull off some crazy drifts in his EK Civic. He of course is slowing down his front wheels to transfer weight ot the front of his car... His car's suspension is rock stiff... Like a go-kart...

Matt.

Comment

Working...
                                X