Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mk3mann
    MY OPINION:

it is not drifting if its not RWD......cheaters drift FF....its harder to use the throttle and clutch rather than only the brake and steering wheel...

congrats on posting your ignorance on the internet. when you can show me a video of you drifing fwd, or much les your supra from entry-apex-exit let me know. after all you said cheaters did it ,and rwd is easier.

Comment

Originally posted by FreeThinker
      Yea, I meant to mention that, I would like to go riding with someone who can really do it. Honestly feel IS physics, if it feels like drifting then it is. Oh, and upon further thought, I think that maybe a FF could actually accelerate while sliding if it had extremely little rear traction. It would ahve to have enough that the power could overcome the braking force of the rear tires, but I think it could do it... especially while steering toward the inside of the turn to pull the front end that way while inertia pushes the rear out wide.
      if you put enough grip up front and remove it all from teh rear, you can basically pull the car thru with the fronts, keep it floored, yank the e-brake and drift the piss out of fwd.

*edit*
      its not quite that easy, but tahts the basics of keeping the drift going, LSD and lots of front grip, combined with little rear traction, helps a lot when drifitng fwd is all im tryign to point out. the technique isnt totally different from rwd, but the change from hopping from one to the other is kidna radical
      Last edited by Ris4drift; 09-14-2004, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KYLE ARAI

my car is totaled frame is pushed inside the car so I have to rebuilt I just put in my role cage all ok I got new chasie to rebuild on it should be done in a month
        im glad you finally signed up here, i used to drift my ek a little bit and got tired of people whining at me abotu "you cant drift fwd".

when is this event in cali you are going to?

Comment

Originally posted by Ichi-Go
          Its apparent that none of you have ever tried drifting a FWD its a lot harder than yanking the ebrake then giving it gas. Also how many of you use the ebrake most likely in your RWD.
          i agree with you 100%
          i dont think half the people in this thread have ever drifted anything.

Comment

I accept FF Drifting but if you've seen Arai drifting on the vid CrazyHawaiian posted, you'll come up with the same conclusion as me. FF Drifting the Good and Bad
            the good: GREAT angles
            the bad: the fun doesn't last long

seems like FF Cars aren't confident enough about their a$$es to show'em off and shak'em like FR Cars.....

Comment

I think there are a lot of people here that just drift their Mouse.

If you have ever tried drifting, its hard. Its hard to clutch kick, its hard to ebrake both FF and RWD and in general its hard to drift no matter what you drive. Drifting FF is a lot like drifting low powered RWD you have to enter at crazy speeds to make a decent drift becuase you just scrub the speed off.

My Drift Spec mousepad and optical mouse just arrived today. It has no body roll at all. The rear comes out with the flick the rist.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichi-Go
                I think there are a lot of people here that just drift their Mouse.

If you have ever tried drifting, its hard. Its hard to clutch kick, its hard to ebrake both FF and RWD and in general its hard to drift no matter what you drive. Drifting FF is a lot like drifting low powered RWD you have to enter at crazy speeds to make a decent drift becuase you just scrub the speed off.

My Drift Spec mousepad and optical mouse just arrived today. It has no body roll at all. The rear comes out with the flick the rist.
                real drifters use trackballs

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
                  i agree with you 100%
                  i dont think half the people in this thread have ever drifted anything.
                  i know that its not the same, but I drift my bike everyday...

Comment

It is very true that with the front wheels under power, it is much easier to simply lower grip in the back so that your slip angle remains constant no matter what. It's so easy. Don't question me, seriously I speak from experience

Comment

Oh sorry Im talking about drifts wiht smaller angles where countersteering is generally not necessary. When you get into higher drift angles, you must learn the practice of regulating steering and throttle use and brakes if you have some trouble mid-turn

Comment

Hatakeyama and his EF rule!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by scirocco
                          Oh sorry Im talking about drifts wiht smaller angles where countersteering is generally not necessary. When you get into higher drift angles, you must learn the practice of regulating steering and throttle use and brakes if you have some trouble mid-turn
                          What did I say earlier about bringing physics into this thread?

Comment

"who cares?"

but its allright to FFrift, doesn't bother me at all.
                            just control it w/out the parking brake, thats all i'm sayin...

GOTTA KEEP THE SPEED!!!
                            Last edited by OH240SE; 09-15-2004, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OH240SE
                              "who cares?"

but its allright to FFrift, doesn't bother me at all.
                              just control it w/out the parking brake, thats all i'm sayin...

GOTTA KEEP THE SPEED!!!
                              I kinda care since it's my thread. I hate it when threads go off topic...

Comment

sorry i will delete... btw that is a nice picture up above^^ of the civic, beautiful. If my old crx were like that i would still be FF drifting... NOT

Comment

Working...
                                X