No announcement yet.

Does anyone accept FF drifting?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can see it. There's a video of the Watanabe EF somewhere in the picture/video forum. Don't give me crap on how it's crap though...

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
      Don't think, feel...Thats a Bruce Lee quote...Also that's what my dad told me when he taught how to drive stick...
      I live by that quote! I heard that in like 3rd grade and didnt understand it untill about a year ago, man what an impact that made on my live. Bruce Lee was much smarter than most people give him credit for! I never thought of applying it to driving....

Comment

i think someone already said this but there should be a specifically be a league if i may, of just ff drifters. because i doubt there is more than in a normal sized club.

Comment

Look at this very short video I found:

Kyle Arai Drifting FF

Comment

I don't think that pulling the e-brake in an FF car should be called drifting. The point is, that you can't control the slide with throttle, like you do in a RWD / AWD car. Just pull the e-brake, and if your'e about to spin, then press the gas pedal all the way... Isn't it just too simple? Besides, why didn't the D1 guys accept FF's as driftcars? Because the drifting in a front-wheel-drive car isn't real drifting. That's my opinion.

BTW Crazy Hawaiian - the movie showed nothing... I mean, the only thing I could see was a bunch of Hatcheerokus and a Civic with rear tires locked all the way through the corner. It doesn't look good, even considering the fact the car slides at an extreme angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Xantos
              I live by that quote! I heard that in like 3rd grade and didnt understand it untill about a year ago, man what an impact that made on my live. Bruce Lee was much smarter than most people give him credit for! I never thought of applying it to driving....
              i read samurai books for business advice.

Comment

i think to myself what would spaceghost do? probably blame someone else for his own mistake or.....stop paying attention. another one is meatwad. wwmd

Comment

Drifting is anytime you loose traction and still control your car... It has nothing to do with which wheels loose traction. DOH... You can do burnouts while taking turns in both FF cars and FR cars...

Drifting isn't defined as oversteer or understeer. It's defined as:

Originally posted by Dictionary.com
                  4.a.To wander from a set course or point of attention; stray.
                  b.To vary from or oscillate randomly about a fixed setting, position, or mode of operation.
                  So those of you guys who think drifting is only defined as FR cars loosing traction in the rear tires are looking at it from the wrong perspective... Even locking up all four tires is drifting if done correctly.

Matt.

Comment

Its apparent that none of you have ever tried drifting a FWD its a lot harder than yanking the ebrake then giving it gas. Also how many of you use the ebrake most likely in your RWD.

Also ebrake is just another technique, all of the professional drifters use it. We need to get Alex in this conversation.

FF for life.... Or until you drive a RWD and fall in love.

Comment

I think it was a good video because it showed FF drifting right next to FR. The only FF drifting videos I've seen only showed FF so its harder to compare. Yes the techniques are different, but you gotta admit he was getting more angle and initiating way before anyone else. The hard part for FF is exiting the turn ... like you said you cannot generate more oversteer with throttle. But IMO this makes it more of a disadvantage than anything else. Its hard to carry momentum all the way through the turn on dry pavement. This is why I think drifting FF is harder than drifting FR. You should see this guy in the rain when the momentum dosnt stop, its insane.

Comment

a drift is a drift. props to the ff guys for sticking with it through all the bs. from what i see, kyle has it down to a science. how bout some vids tearing it up at tantalus??? alohaz

Comment

Please everyone do not turn this into a "Is FF drifting real drifting" thread. Just say a simple yes or no and give a little reason why you accept it. Don't go into physics please...

Comment

waste of tires..

Comment

i accept ff drifting, but to compete in d1, its hard to say. ffs lack the speed while drifting compared to the FRs, and too much power will end up in understeer. ive tried it, its fun and all but when drifting in comps, sorry i have to give it to the FRs

Comment

Originally posted by Rare
                                waste of tires..

UM............HELLO!? Where have you been?! Any drift attempt will waste the tires...

Comment

Working...
                                X