Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

130 angry hp
    170 angry ft lbs

l20b with pollished sss head, 390cfm 4 barrel holley, offenhauser full polished intake manifold, velocity stack, 2.5inch exaust with no cat.
    plans:
    hotter camshaft, 11.1 headgasket

sr20 after a while

the real number is the power/weight ratio. my car is only about 2200 lbs with driver.
    god i hope i get a lsd soon!

Comment

no engine, no car, no hp

Comment

116hp according to miata.net kinda low but it does the trick

Comment

Stock KA24DE. So 155 hp / 160 ft./lb. torque. Get's the job done for now. Throws you back in the seat ok. But I hope to be rocking the boosted 2 Litre by the end of summer.

B-Wurm

Comment

How the hell did this thing get resurrected?

Eh, I'm still a post whore... The FD, with the few mods I did to it, would probably have been at the 270-280hp range, probably less with all the wear and tear on it. The Corolla, or Hachi-NoGo, is probably something like 85-90hp. 0-60 in a couple weeks! I love her for the mileage, though! Nothing says lovin' like 28mpg!

Comment

Originally posted by crimson
              How the hell did this thing get resurrected?
              i believe hachi-roku04 brought it back now that he has a car.

Comment

I just blew my L20B sunday evening on the way back from Portland to Grants Pass. Trip ended at 4 in the morning instead of midnight, - lovely 4 hour delay. Blew the #1 rings, 0psi. #2 30psi, #3 65psi, #4 60psi.

Oh yeah, rings were shot. Smoked like hell. Burned 5 quarts of oil on the way back, too! Awesome!

Okay, so I sent the engine in today, and should have it back by next monday or this Friday. Its getting a .040" overbore, using ZX flattop pistons (should yeild around 11:1 compression, a big high for the street but worth it for the power. Also going with a hot camshaft, new rocker arms and lash pads. Valve grind is <4k miles old, so the top end is good. New timing chain set, including upper, lower gears, chain, and tensioner/guides. New rod bearings, main bearings, as well as piston rings obviously. I am shooting for total-seals but I can't seem to locate any (know a good source??). Also bought a new Roadster competition clutch, which should have enough bite to break a driveshaft before it'll slip. That will definetely be nice! On top of that, I am having the entire rotating assembly balanced so she will rev a bit higher and not be so vibration...y. :-)

I should be yeilding around 140hp with the high compression and hot cam after I figure out a different carburetion, since the stock L16 carb won't quite do it with this engine! If I could find a weber downdraft, I shouldn't have a problem. Dual sidedrafts would be preferred but yeah - very spendy, touchy, pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored* setup. I should still get >20mpg with it too.

With the stock carburetion I am assuming around 110 whp, maybe 120whp and quarter miles somewhere in the 16's with low 60' times due to the bottom end torque of the L20B.

I just got a 125A internally regulated alternator, as well as a new (NEW Modyne Core) 3 row radiator, and that should have PLENTY of cooling capacity. Next step is going to be a lighter flywheel (Aluminum?!) and a more modern electronic ignition because these points are going to bug the hell outta me until I can afford better.

^^^ Before Portland Trip! I cleaned it up a bit...

Wish me luck...

Comment

243whp/ 183ftlbs of tq in my Integra

270whp/275 ftlbs of torque in my 87 tubo supra(sold)

Comment

artika that totally sucks i hope you get it all good n fixed. whats a good shop to do l series engine work?

Comment

• My God what a bi@tch! I spent half an hour trying to unmount the tranny from the engine this afternoon, and finally got it undone. SOMEHOW or another by wiggling the tranny back and forth, I managed to get the T/O bearing collar stuck on one of the splines of the pressure plate. HOW I DID THIS I DO NOT KNOW.

Either way the tranny is out, the engine will be pulled in T-minus 2 hours or less, and tomorrow morning the engine will arrive at the machine shop. The guy also said that if I would like to, he'd let me take the engine mounts, throttle linkage, timing cover, and the pulleys and slap them in the bead-blaster and bring them to bare metal for paint. That'll be nice. That was the eyesore of my engine bay, was the rusty metal that I never got a chance to paint or clean up the last time it was bare. This time it'll look a lot better.

I also just ordered my camshaft today from work, (YES ITS CHEAP) I ordered a Delta, with a 272 grind. That should be PLENTY for my little L-motor. Power band is 2500-6500rpm, which I assume should yeild a very rough idle. Oh well, its worth it for the high end punch! And the cost is the big part - $55 after frieght both ways, not including the core charge. SWEET! Now, with that price difference I can afford my nice new rockers (followers) and lash pads, and the only thing I can't seem to get enough money for right now, are nice new valve springs. I'd LIKE to get some stiffer NISM0 springs but I can't seem to find them anymore, so I assume they are NLA from NismO. Oh well, stocks will enjoy them.

I wish I had enough money for a DAMB Cam, care of Kelvin Dietz (Eugene, OR) - he seems to make about the best camshafts there are availiable for L-series heads. This also includes L6 engines for the Z-car fans out there.

Yay.. rain. I hate the rain. I can never seem to get a day off that it doesn't rain. Can't wait til summer when I actually MISS the rain! Hehe.

Have fun guys, this is starting to get very expensive...

Comment

• About 165hp 165 Tq.... Few minor mods... mostly suspension. I Know for a fact though that when i get my Stickers i will have 900 hp at the wheels.

Comment

Working...
                        X