ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Pfeiffer Takes 1st Place in the Need for Speed Underground Launch Party!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Pfeiffer Takes 1st Place in the Need for Speed Underground Launch Party!

Text by RS-R

Alex Pfeiffer Takes 1st Place in the Need for Speed Underground Launch Party!

Irwindale, CA., October 25, 2004 – In a night to remember, RS*R’s S2000, driven by Alex Pfeiffer clinched 1st place in the EA Games sponsored Need for Speed Underground Launch Party , held at the Irwindale Speedway. This event coupled music and drifting into one spectacular stage. The top 16 from the Formula D series held this year were invited for a special, winner take all invitational.

The competition was stiff and RS*R had a tough battle ahead. Round 1 was RS*R vs. Drift Association’s AE86, driven by Taka Aono. With the first run being too close to call, Alex and Taka go at it one more time. It was close, but RS*R took the win and moved on. Round 2 featured RS*R vs. the Pontiac GTO, driven by Rhys Millen. Again, the first round was too close to call, and the drivers turned the cars around to give it another go. The RS*R S2000 performed flawlessly, beating the GTO and moving on to the semi finals. The semi finals pitted RS*R against the Jasper Performance Supra. The Supra had an ill timed spinout, and all of a sudden, RS*R was in the finals. In a match up that everyone wanted to see, RS*R is up against Ken Gushi, representing Gushi Auto. The first pass was amazing, and RS*R took the advantage. Gushi crashed in the second pass and was disqualified due to not being able to continue. After all the smoke cleared, RS*R was atop the podium with the 1st place trophy!

Image from Formula D Irwindale

“The event was really fun, and I look forward to doing it again. I’m always eager to race at Irwindale due to the high speed drifting that is capable in that track,” says Alex Pfeiffer.

“The car was performing very well, and it’s come to the level where we feel very confident in its competition capabilities,” states Ben Chong, Director of Business Development for RS*R.

RS*R would like to thank all of its sponsors: Honda, Lyndex Nikken, Yokohama, Air Splat, Enkei Wheels, C-West, Kaaz, Takata, Defi, Sparco, TMR and Hiro’s Auto.

did alex take the money or the nismo 350?

Comment

video found here.

http://rs-r.com/news/?art=35

Comment

The GTO looked better in both runs in the second round IMO. But im not a judge.

Comment

Wow...first things first, is the gush ok? I'm sure we would have heard something, but you never know. In that video, it looked like he took a pretty hard hit!

And secondly, holy crap!!! Nice job and congratulations Alex! That S2k looked amazing. I could tell just from those videos how fast that thing likes to slide, it looks very comfortable at really high speed entries. Damn fine work all around, team and (mostly) driver!

Comment

Congratulations to ALEX PFEIFFER!!!

Question... Why does RS*R get all the credit? Alex was driving the car... I figure the drivers make the cars...

You deserve it man...

Comment

wow, any more vids?

Comment

Alex,

GREAT LINES!

Finally someone who can drive that Honda.
                Looks like you have a new weapon, good look on driving the S2000. Its about time u out grew that Eighty6 and bumped up. I'm glad u figured out how to drive that grippy car instead of bashing into the competition. Too bad Ken crashed, knowing him he would've whooped you if he wasn't trying so hard to keep up with that tiny piece of accelleration.

Thanx for footage, and good luck in the future

P.S.
                Time for you Alex to get ur own S2K, and then see how it compares to everyone else. Build ur own bro, instead of driving a hopped-up-crazy-sponsored-car like punkass HOE-par dodge boy does...

"you tune it, i'll drive it" (MUST BE NICE)
                Last edited by OH240SE; 10-27-2004, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Alex, gotta say congrats man. downloading the finals right now and i know its gonna be a sweet vid

Comment

congrats to u alex, and dude stay outta George Lucas' backyard too lol

Comment

OH240SE, put down that Hatorade and chill out. Seriously. Anyways, congrats Alex. Its about time you get some credit. I sure hope you took that 350Z.

Comment

Originally posted by OH240SE

Time for you Alex to get ur own S2K, and then see how it compares to everyone else. Build ur own bro, instead of driving a hopped-up-crazy-sponsored-car like punkass HOE-par dodge boy does...

"you tune it, i'll drive it" (MUST BE NICE)
                        I know what you mean. Why would anyone want to be given a sweet car and get money to do something they love. Must be some ricer or something

Comment

alex had some really nice lines and so did the gto..anyways..congrats alex

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                            OH240SE, put down that Hatorade and chill out. Seriously. Anyways, congrats Alex. Its about time you get some credit. I sure hope you took that 350Z.
                            read the post buddy i aint doggin on him. Dont bust my balls for having an opinion. If anything I'm blasting that wretched mopar viper...

Comment

Congratulations Alex, I hope you have more sucess in the future in this great sport!

Comment

Working...
                              X