No announcement yet.

GT-R Prototype (Photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the shape of the rear makes it look like a cobalt, but i like the rear. i dont like the front..

Comment

Originally posted by motdyn_s14
      He already did! Those on the cars that are colored are Volk GT7 wheels!!! Good job!

the gt7 is the ugliest volk ever :P

granted im a Work whore.

Comment

i guess i have to put into the equation that this is just the prototype and the actual production vehicle may be completely different from the prototype, give or take a few comsetic details and interior components. Because if this is th final product....it will take a little while to grow on me. But of course I think the R32 was the best looking model...that's a whole different thread right there

Comment

Originally posted by NHDrifter
          I like the car overall. The fact that it will beat the Porsche 911 turbo is just insane. I'm sure it will beat a lot of other cars in performance testing. I love the front end becuase it looks to me like its all carbon fiber, just imagine a nice front mount intercooler fitted in there...ahhh...I can't wait 'till I see one of these all tuned up by the Japanese. To me (in my own opinion) It has nothing to do with a Bently or Cobalt...The GT-R has had circle tailights since its begining. It would only be right to have them circle, all the good japanese cars have circle tailights, FC,FD,(93-98)Supra,R32,R33,R34, and many others...I see how it could resemble the Bently GT, but not the Cabalt (yuck) It looks to me like Nissan has really stepped it up...another notch!
          oh man I hope Emril Lagasi doesn't sue me for that one... haha

So is this GT-R going to have a twinturbo inline 6? or what?

Also is it going to be RWD AWD??? AWD I hope with the feature of the other GT-Rs that you can make it 100% RWD then do 50% fron 50% rear agian...after your done...lets say...drifting?

7 speed transmission is out of this world...I believe Nissan has started another production of a "racecar".

I think it should be Nissan badges, becuase we all know everyone is going to put them on the car either way (like the Infinity G35). Plus Nissan should Badge this car as their own (for other competitors to be like....whoa!).Its really awsome to see one of the best sports cars out there reborn, like the Supra and RX-7...I actually been drawing a new look for the FD. I would love to come into play with the design aspects for Mazda
          Its all over the car enthusiatsts magazines over here and everyone is saying its gonna be the first RWD GT-R and its gonna be a V6 or V8-TT It'll pushing 400-450ps i think if i remeber correctly....

Comment

Originally posted by RotaDrift
            i guess i have to put into the equation that this is just the prototype and the actual production vehicle may be completely different from the prototype, give or take a few comsetic details and interior components. Because if this is th final product....it will take a little while to grow on me. But of course I think the R32 was the best looking model...that's a whole different thread right there
            Thats probably the most important part to remember here,just a prototype. Although I must say I myself am a R33 man.

Comment

Nice pictures My 1 88!!! Skyline looks sweet, I wait for the day it hits U.S. Shores

Comment

there gonna be a v8 350z for '06 in japan,so most likely the new gtr would have the same platform or close to it but with twin turbos

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDrifter
                  new Audi front... and Chevy Cobalt rear....

B+
                  well, you can argue that the Cobalt stole lights from the GT-R, that was my initial reaction when i first saw the Cobalt (perhaps Corvette inspired?)

If anything, the rear GT-R looks a lot like the current Corvette, how the lights are set in a bit.

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot
                    there gonna be a v8 350z for '06 in japan,so most likely the new gtr would have the same platform or close to it but with twin turbos
                    Why twin turbos though? why not a single, or even a supercharger. if its getting an eight, my money would be on supercharger, or if they do go turbo route, just a single.

Comment

I think Nissan will stay true to the GT-R Proto when they make the production GT-R, just like how the 350Z closely resembled the Z concept.

Comment

my money is on a lower compression v6 twin turbo, maybe VQ32DETT

Comment

seems like thy're following more of a supercar theme, this could be why it is rwd also, plus its not like the rwd is a bad thing i mean there's gotta be a reason ferrari and lamborghini dont make an awd

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt
                            ....lamborghini dont make an awd

Uhhhh Diablo?

Comment

Anyone notice that looking at the car from the side, the windows look just like the konig segg windows?
                              Boost Up

Comment

gigglesnirt, the lambo murcielago is awd isn't it

Comment

Working...
                                X