Z!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool!

I bought my 280Z for.. well.... $3,800 in nearly mint condition last May.

Then in November I bought my 1972 240Z for only $200 including the set of wheels and tires on the car.. plus extra wheels and new tires... front urethane bumper... MSD and Crane ignition.. a set of headers... and with a complete.. nearly rust free 240Z with a running engine and round top carbs.

Since my accident (totalled it) I rebuilt the 280Z using the 240Z parts.. front fender/headlight/headlight scoop etc and then sold JUST the car with the missing passenger front end for only $200. Got my money back! Hehehe

Good deal... Battery Tray rust is very very common on Z's... did you check the floorboards and fenders?

Sounds like you found a good car
    However.. looks like you have a hood from an 280Z 1976-1978 with those vents. And the front headlight scoops or headlight fender extensions... appear to have rust on them. What's weird is the 1969 - 1974.5 had FIBERGLASS headlight scoops/headlight fender extensions.

Maybe they were swapped out.. or were repaired from an accident (resulting in new hood and headlight extensions)
    Last edited by PrOxLaMuS© S30; 02-25-2004, 07:24 PM.

Comment

ok...this all gives me hope...i think im gonna try and persuade my dad into getting this 240z for 500...its pretty clean...has an electrical problem tho so...i duno...

CHECK THIS OUT! haha they didnt have a Z31 avitar so i made my own...started out with a 180sx...suppose to look my car, cept mine isnt a turbo...and doesnt have a kit...or spoiler...ok so this is what i wish my car looked like lol...
      Attached Files

Comment

about joozens car..the floorboards look good..the fenders are nice also except the front drivers side theres a little fold there is some rust there, i think its from the 215s rubbing on the valence causing the fender to fold..im not sure..but thats nothing. and i also thought the headlight buckets were fiberglass?..but then again..the guy we picked it up from did say it was in 2 accidents.

and ZDriftGuy31 i say pick it up if its in good condition if it has little or no rust(which i doubt haha) and if it runs..do whatever to convince your dad 500 for a z is pretty cheap..and about the electrical problem..the wiring on the Zs is easy to figure out..so simple..if you pick it up..im local you know that..id probably be able to help you out with that..but if you got it that would be cool..we would have a little Z crew out here..haha

Comment

the piece

alright heres the piece im thinkin bout getting...turns out its actually a 77 280!?

Pic 1 pic 2 pic 3 pic 4

yea so the guy sais the reason he stoped driving it was because it "was goin through altinators, like crazy" other than that he said it run/ran. He had a 5 speed put in it and that dumbass moon roof thing...he also said he had some sway bars laying around somewhere (thought those would be good)...what do you think?

Comment

pics dont work?

Comment

damn geocities...damn them...hmm let me see what else i can do...

try this link...its to the my member gallery at Zdriver.com

pics hopefully
              Last edited by ZDriftGuy31; 02-27-2004, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Hey guys i am thinkin about goin and buyin a 240z for very very cheap what is it worth its a auto/how hard is that to chang out on those cars i have no idea never touched one of them i have done 5spd swaps before so i am thinkin it is close but maybe there is some hidden PIA.

Comment

Representing the Z's! I too drive a '78 280Z. I always get the look from other nissan, RX-7, 240SX and corolla drivers. No one really knows what kind of car it is. They think it's an old school RX-7, or a Jaguar, someone even thought that it was a porsche. I'm only 17 and I just got into the whole drifting scene. My previous car was a '93 Accord. Trying to drift my Z is hard due to the fact that it has no LSD, so the smallest flaw on the road can mess me up. I'll try to get pics of it posted.

'78 Datsun 280Z
                  >3" N1 exhaust, 2.5" piping, paceseter headers, homemade intake, cut springs, Xenon bodykit, JDM overfenders, whaletail, 14" BBS nesh rims, painted black/silverlip

Comment

Welcome! Ive got a '76 280Z everything you said is totally true, hehe.

Comment

Post up some photos of it in the Z pics thread, i'd like to see it. I know allllll about that "what is it thing" when you see my z, you'll understand.

Comment

As you guys know, like 2 months ago my Z was rear ended, but its going to the shop tomorrow to be be fixed finally. The insurance company is paying for all of it. I'll be taking pictures of all the steps involved to fix it, so you guys can see before, during and after.

Comment

Here's my '78 280Z ....it's a beast.
                          <{}

<{}

<{}

Comment

THat's my cousins SR20VE Sentra....sleeper...

Comment

Thats a nice Z. Wow man, excellent car.

Comment

Working...
                              X