Z!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z!!!!!

who ever posted the Z pic....what wheels were those (black ones)
    I got a 280 I/m working on. Z's are sick as *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*!!!!!!!!!! !

Datsuns, are really nice cars if you can find one thats in decent shape, i.e. straight frame, not rusted.. i think the 240Z looks bada.ss

Comment

now wait a sec!

Hey, at least he's posting about a Z, and not a civic, hehe...the Z is almost the unsung hero of drifting. It's not in Initial D, and they just seem overlooked by the community as an old clunker 2 seater. Thats why it's so great to have one!

Comment

just posted in the same thread RIGHT BELOW the picture of the z with black wheels.. DO A SEARCH FOR 280Z !
        Last edited by MrodDrft; 02-05-2004, 06:00 PM.

Comment

240z's seem to be rusted more than the other datsun's

Comment

uhh maybe because they are older?

Comment

i so want one but there ether colectors cars or rusty lumps of iron by now

Comment

240z's seem to be rusted more than the other datsun's
                LOL! So let me get this straight... the 240Z's are more rusty than let's say the 1970's Datsun 510 or B210?

Or more than a 260Z or 280Z or 280ZX?

No... rust is rust.. appears in any old car... ANY OLD CAR!

Comment

Rusting z

The sheet metal on a 240Z is thinner than on a 280Z or other models, that's partly why they rust through so easily. Thats also why the original 240Z was only 2400 pounds. Thinner metal means less weight, which means faster car. The 280Z had to bulk up a little because of increasing saftey regulations during the 70's.

Comment

i think its funny how all the Z guys replied to this post...but i dont know what the point of this post is..i think he wanted to know what brand wheels i have..i forgot i cant think of the name right now..ill get back to this haha

Comment

You are right, hehe. I've got the original mags on mine. I like those a lot. I'm kinda looking for a nice pair of gunmetal watanabe's though. what were yours? (getting 2 cents in before topic is answered and thread is forgotten, hehe)

Comment

i think i have a possible answer to why they arent used to drift with that much.....1) hard to find in good condition for good price; 2) if found, they are expensive to insure; 3) they are very squirly when slide.... at least thats what i have come to find.....

Comment

since all the z guys r in one place, any one know a good lsd for the 280?

Comment

a good LSD for a Z.. is an R200 differential....
                            from an 300ZX Turbo... that's the only LSD you can get.
                            But you can upgrade the rear with an R200 LSD with an 3.9 or 4.11 to really HAUL *Censored**Censored**Censored*!

Actually... 240's and 280Z's have the same thickness in the sheetmetal... EXCEPT the body such as the frame's and doors and engine bay and structure are made with thicker metals.. not the sheetmetal skin.

Comment

oh yeah about my wheels..im unsure about this but the guy i got them from said they were rikens but ive seen some on the internet and they called them weds sports or something like that..or if anyone might know what they are please tell me thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X