No announcement yet.

Drift Works (Should I make a 4th?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part of my life was hinging on a fourth Driftworks vid. Not really, but I sooooo want another one. Please make another! Please!

How can we all be involved? I'm in the middle of nowhere where there aint anything drifting wise and I have no good vids that you haven't used all ready. I guess I could just sit on my a§. Would that work?

Comment

yup a Drift Works 4 is long over due my friend.... stick to Techno... its what made the other 3 so damn good

Comment

YES!!!!!!!!more please!!!!!!!!dont stop making them........

Comment

no question about it making a 4th...deinately go for it!... ...

Comment

Metal is the answer

There are lots of metal bands that would sound fantastic to a drift video.

Blind Guardian
            Hammerfall
            Iced Earth
            Demons and Wizards
            In Flames
            Nightwish

Granted, I don't think any of them have many songs about cars or driving fast, but it would be cool anyway :-)

Comment

dude, those vids are really nice. youve got editing talent my friend (btw i dont know what im talking about there but i really like the vids). and thank you for making videos I can watch at work; all cars, no whores. btw...your song choices are perfect, that laid back trance could not be a better fit IMHO.

oh...ya....MAKE MORE VIDS DOOD!!!

Comment

ur vids let us see previews of new vehicles over there, and also old ones

i got to see ueos old lookin 8-6

i (think) speak for all off us by saying that ur vids are neccesary

Comment

driftworks

Yes, I have two and three, and I think you should stick with the trance, for sure, for a fourth. That music is so awesome because no one has really given it any exposure, except you. One thing I noticed, however, is that none of the clips seem to be synchronized to the video clips. For example, changinging scenes with the beat of the music to give it more of a dynamic feel, just my two cents. Awesome vids though, love that music too. I have some experience making electronica on the side, and I have to say, some of those tunes are really awesome.

Comment

I loved 2, best video ive seen. I would really like to see a DW4.

Comment

I've seen the other three.. they are good, but here's some constructive criticisim.
                      1. capture the feeling of speed through the music
                      -don't just through a bunch of clips with some cool songs;
                      the action on the screen should follow the musics tempo and intensity. For example, on drift works 3 during the Cj borland track as the song build ups you could have showed the drivers getting prepared to drift, crews working on there cars, or other normal footage of the drift events. Then, when the intensity rises the drifting should get more fierce, this give a deeper impact on the audience, drawing them in to the excitement.
                      2. if possible show a story or better yet tell a story, it's almost like writting, without the details.
                      -I not sure if you can do this but its a good way to bring some type of unity to your videos. You may be limited by the amount content at your disposal, so its understandable. Give it try though, it would make for even better final result. A good example is the opening videos for the majority to the GT games (PSone/PS2)..those are inspiring.
                      3. Find some tracks that are mixed
                      -Music is one of my passions and techno/trance is the genre of my greatest interests. There is nothing like well mixed set or group of trance songs, that is almost a journey in and of itself. The songs you have choosed are hits in the dance world, but if you can get them mixed...that would be off the chain as the kids say nowadays.

If you need in help choosing song or mixing them let me know..i have good experience in that area. Overall, you should keep them coming, its good to see what people turn out.

Comment

Hmm

That's what I said, hehe. Just not as in depth. Thank you for elaborating. I second his suggestions.

Comment

more driftworks, please.....

Comment

Yes!! Definitely make a 4th drift works! Best drift videos ever..And yes I have all 3 of them on a cdrw

You should put in some clips of the ae86 battling that viper at drift atlanta or whatever it was called. Sick stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by SilviaLove
                              I've seen the other three.. they are good, but here's some constructive criticisim.
                              1. capture the feeling of speed through the music
                              -don't just through a bunch of clips with some cool songs;
                              the action on the screen should follow the musics tempo and intensity. For example, on drift works 3 during the Cj borland track as the song build ups you could have showed the drivers getting prepared to drift, crews working on there cars, or other normal footage of the drift events. Then, when the intensity rises the drifting should get more fierce, this give a deeper impact on the audience, drawing them in to the excitement.
                              2. if possible show a story or better yet tell a story, it's almost like writting, without the details.
                              -I not sure if you can do this but its a good way to bring some type of unity to your videos. You may be limited by the amount content at your disposal, so its understandable. Give it try though, it would make for even better final result. A good example is the opening videos for the majority to the GT games (PSone/PS2)..those are inspiring.
                              3. Find some tracks that are mixed
                              -Music is one of my passions and techno/trance is the genre of my greatest interests. There is nothing like well mixed set or group of trance songs, that is almost a journey in and of itself. The songs you have choosed are hits in the dance world, but if you can get them mixed...that would be off the chain as the kids say nowadays.

If you need in help choosing song or mixing them let me know..i have good experience in that area. Overall, you should keep them coming, its good to see what people turn out.
                              O shut up and just be happy that someone is making vids.. or how bout this u make it.. I hate when ppl critisize on something good for no good reason..are u just bored and decided to type up a bunch of crap ....just watch the movie when he makes it and be happy

Comment

Originally posted by RedsunZZ32
                                O shut up and just be happy that someone is making vids.. or how bout this u make it.. I hate when ppl critisize on something good for no good reason..are u just bored and decided to type up a bunch of crap ....just watch the movie when he makes it and be happy
                                You need to not make other post like this.. The gentlemen asked if he should make another.. This guy took the time to type out sugestions to help he did it in a respectful manner. Your comments however are not apreciated and are typical of the kind of attitude we dont want on the forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X