ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wangan/Drift Pics from JAPAN! (56k? Go Nap)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of wagon? A Radio Flyer? I hear those can hand a GT-R its anus on a paper plate.

Comment

No need for sarcasm...That's my job...

Comment

god i cant wait to get back to japan..im so sick of this desert. pretty much every nite back home is like the pics posted with the exception of mondays. Thursday and sunday nites are the biggesest nites for street drifting, while tuesday and friday nites are street racing. some of the drift cars compete in the street racing also, but u better be packing a big punch because these r no civics or ka24 powered cars...r34's, tourer v's, hooked up fd's. etc. i couoldnt even keep up and i got a twin turbo supra and tuned rb20det powered silvia. its a serious thing over here.

Comment

wow... just incredibly beautiful pictures. thanks much for sharing those! how much was it for the trip, expenses and all, like airfare, hotel, food, fun, etc? just curious... i plan on taking a large chunk of my tax return and whatever other spare cash i have with me to japan in march or so of next year, but i'd like to have some idea of a budget.

Comment

you're gonna kill your self living in a hotel in the city or anywhere...that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* will drain your money..and if you want cheap food...eat at yoshinoya or eat ramen cuz yoshinoya no longer serves beef bowls, but pork bowls and raised the price of a regular bowl to 400 some yen...i hope you have in mind the large sum of money you will be spending

Comment

i always eat at Coco's..those of u who r in japan know what im talking about its awesome alittle pricey at about 900 yen for ur meal but its soo good. yeah u guys who plan on going to japan dont think 1500 bucks is gonna get u far. ur best bet is to join the AF and when u get to tech school swap with anyone who has japan has orders and go. otherwise keep watching Option videos. not to be mean but thats the truth.

Comment

The cheapest I ate at was at a ramen cart. 300 yen got me a big bowl...It's the Japanese pho...

Comment

i am in the Air Force, and have volunteered for bases all over Japan, but have yet to be PCS'd there. i'm going to try to spend about $3k for a week vacation there.

Comment

cool..what base are u at? whats ur name bro...i will look u up on the global..i can hook u up with parts too...perhaps start a business...

Comment

nice, i'm stationed at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas, NV - 57 CMS/MXMVE (A1C), my name is William Long (just make sure you use the global e-mail address, it's not like the regular e-mails, my name is spelled wrong, cause there's a Colonel with the same name at Nellis).

Comment

ramen at odakyu-ox sobudai-mae trainstation=160 yen per bowl..bowls are pretty big too..just eat there everyday and live on the streets and viola! hah..i donno man depends if you can find a cheap hotel or not..tahts whats gonna mainly kill you if you're gonna eat cheap..if you dont...go to outback and get a 3000 yen steak.

where are you interested in coming? dude just stay in Yokoya airforce base man..im sure you could get a room in the lodge for cheap man..that would be an awesome idea..and ill be an hour anda half a way and we could meet up and go to the daikoko futo to look at some rice then some action.

Comment

i didn't have any particular place in mind to go just yet, but i'd like it to be somewhere close to Tokyo, Akihabara, or Osaka. i have no problem eating cheap, and i did consider staying at Yokota, but i wasn't sure i'd really get the "full Japan" experience I want if I did that. but if i do decide to do that, i'll definitely hit you up before i go.

Comment

Its really not as expensive as everyone makes it out to be... I stayed at my friend's aunt's for a couple of weeks (Kamakura, in Kanagawa Pref.) and then moved to a gaijin house in Minowa (Ueno, smack dab in the middle of Tokyo, only 3 stops away from the Yamanote on the Hibiya)... My trip cost me less than $2k, and that was going out, clubbing, eating, drinking, trains, etc, for over a month... And I bought used parts. Hell, I'd stop by the 99Yen shop (not the 100Yen store ) after 2 am when everything that was ready-to-eat became ¥66 and would get enough food for over a day for under 500. Or, I'd grab ramen at the ¥185 Ramen chain... Not to say I was stingy, but on nights when a $10 meal just wasn't necessary, I would save my money but eat quite well ...

If you go to Akihabara, find the French hot-dog street vendor guy... ¥500 for a hot dog, but its oh-so-good. Get it with the spicy sauce .

Comment

how much has everyone paid for plane tickets? the last time i checked (which was years ago), tickets cost around $1200 round-trip.

Comment

yokota has a lot of people on it that are into cars...a few into drift with curbed cars and screwed up body kits man...ive seen a soarer there with a screwed up bumper..it was great haha..

but yeah man..tell me when you're comin if you're comin and we can chill man

Comment

Working...
                                X