1000 hp Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parry
    Stop being silly. That's a pushrod v8, 2 valves per cylender. I'm sure a Toyota-made motor with the same basic design wouldn't do better. They're engineers, not magicians.

Yes, that's exactly correct. Now watch it again and chew on the fact that people put those motors in the single digits.

After reading the article, I also see no reason why the claims wouldn't be true. The cars got good suspension, wide meats, a noshit motor that's built on a proven and reproven platform with proven and reproven technologies, and apears to be well put together.
    You didn't answer my question, what domestic production car makes 100hp per liter? You think its silly to compare a pushrod motor to a dohc motor but its not. They choose to use that ancient technology in there car as do many domestic dragracers everywhere. Theres just no argument, imports make more hp per liter. I was actually dealing with this tonight, I took my sr'd 240 out tonight to see if i could get in some races and i embarrased a number of stang owners and a few ta's not to mention an 03 corvette. Every single one of those guys were shocked when i told them im running a stock 2 liter turbocharged 4 banger. Most the technology in domestic cars just arn't up to par with the import market, but its slowly coming around. If you ask anyone that deals with dragcars on a regular basis they will tell you how shocked they are when the see an all motor 4 banger in the 8s.
    All you domestic guys out there, can somone find me a domestic production car that makes 100hp per liter na? id really like to know what car does.

oh and about he 4.6 ford motor, yes they can be fast but so can ANY MOTOR! I know theres a video around here of a hyundai(stock block) that whoops on that viper powered truck
    Last edited by Liquid; 07-22-2004, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid
      You didn't answer my question, what domestic production car makes 100hp per liter?
      I didn't awnswer any question, I told you were were talking apples and oranges.

Oh, and.....SRT-4.

You think its silly to compare a pushrod motor to a dohc motor but its not. They choose to use that ancient technology in there car as do many domestic dragracers everywhere. Theres just no argument, imports make more hp per liter.
      True enough, I suppose...but who cares? Internal-combustion technology is at a plateau. What toyota can do, GM and Ford can probalby do if they choose, and vice versa. There's not too many secrets still out there. Dodge is showing that with the Neon.

I was actually dealing with this tonight, I took my sr'd 240 out tonight to see if i could get in some races and i embarrased a number of stang owners and a few ta's not to mention an 03 corvette. Every single one of those guys were shocked when i told them im running a stock 2 liter turbocharged 4 banger.
      By "stock 2 liter turbochaged 4 banger" I'm going to guess you mean SR20DET, in which case stop humoring yourself. As debated previously and repeatedly on here, a stock SR20 won't do better then a high 14. A turbo KA on a stock bottom end isn't much better, unless you're beating the bag out of it and running fairly high boost, but a turbo KA isn't a "stock" motor. To sit there and say to me flat out that your car, which at best is running a mid 14 if it's stripped and on good rubber, outran an 03 corvette, is hilarious. An 03 C5 is good for a middish 13 right off the showroom floor. If you beat such a car, it was because it was extremely poorly driven and not because you are faster. You may outrun stock Mustangs, but not by much. It doesn't mean anything if you're not at the track to me regardless, so whatever. Take your rig to the strip, put it up against a stock 03 C5, and come back with some victory video for us.

Most the technology in domestic cars just arn't up to par with the import market, but its slowly coming around. If you ask anyone that deals with dragcars on a regular basis they will tell you how shocked they are when the see an all motor 4 banger in the 8s.
      The technology is known, just not employed. That's starting to change, really. Allmotor 8 second 4 cylenders are impressive, and rare as hen's teeth. If i witnessed one run, I would be impressed. Anyone who isn't is a fool.

All you domestic guys out there, can somone find me a domestic production car that makes 100hp per liter na? id really like to know what car does.
      Normally aspirated, the only Japanese car I can think of off the top of my head that does this is the S2000, and the torque numbers are a joke. Do the normally aspirated skylines or supras manage this? Someone fill me in here, there must be others.

oh and about he 4.6 ford motor, yes they can be fast but so can ANY MOTOR! I know theres a video around here of a hyundai(stock block) that whoops on that viper powered truck
      Yes, any motor can be fast. Mustangs, however, feature a fairly good speed-to-money ratio. Actually, when it comes to bang for the buck if all you want to do is go fast they're hard to beat. It's a pretty easy motor to make decent power with...there's a lot locked away in there.

I'd still rather own a Chevy if I had to choose between the two, but whatever.

Comment

its still a PUSTANG.....

i HATE domestic cars....they are always trying to play catch-up

Comment

Hahaha the last high performance import that scored a run against my mates XR6 Turbo, was put to shame lol!! . Not to mention all the Supra's me and my mate put to shame hahaha especially mk3 supra's, what a joke Looking on top end power and top speed a 8 will always out run a 6. Simple

Comment

Oh, and.....SRT-4.
            Talking na here buddy, if i wasn't you could name almost any car with a turbocharger or a supercharger. And its kinda funny how you say srt-4, everyone knows that car is modeled after imports to get into the import market just like the svt focus dohc with it's "ztec". who are you kidding.

True enough, I suppose...but who cares? Internal-combustion technology is at a plateau. What toyota can do, GM and Ford can probalby do if they choose, and vice versa. There's not too many secrets still out there. Dodge is showing that with the Neon.
            Your right, i do belive they can do anything anyone else can do, theres no bias here.

By "stock 2 liter turbochaged 4 banger" I'm going to guess you mean SR20DET, in which case stop humoring yourself. As debated previously and repeatedly on here, a stock SR20 won't do better then a high 14. A turbo KA on a stock bottom end isn't much better, unless you're beating the bag out of it and running fairly high boost, but a turbo KA isn't a "stock" motor. To sit there and say to me flat out that your car, which at best is running a mid 14 if it's stripped and on good rubber, outran an 03 corvette, is hilarious. An 03 C5 is good for a middish 13 right off the showroom floor. If you beat such a car, it was because it was extremely poorly driven and not because you are faster. You may outrun stock Mustangs, but not by much. It doesn't mean anything if you're not at the track to me regardless, so whatever. Take your rig to the strip, put it up against a stock 03 C5, and come back with some victory video for us.
            jeesh, my motor is bone stock and i do pull low 13s. My car isn't bone stock just the motor. At 15psi i pulled a 245hp at the wheels and that amounted to some 13.5s with the exception of two 13.3s. There were many people at nopi at cordova raceway that saw me run 13s with my stock motor its no secret. And yes i do whoop on gts, and corvettes, and ta's. There are people running 12's with the stock motor on slicks and a gutted interior. And its an sr20det, thats why i said "sr'd 240"

Normally aspirated, the only Japanese car I can think of off the top of my head that does this is the S2000, and the torque numbers are a joke. Do the normally aspirated skylines or supras manage this? Someone fill me in here, there must be others.
            What about the acura type r, or the rsx type s? Supras and skylines, wow how did they get into this all motor point?! They weren't built to be all motor. There low compressoin motors built for boost. I bet if they were built for a higher compression sure they could keep up with 100hp per liter.

The whole point of this conversation is just to make you understand that most the technology is domestics is outdated. Edelbrocks best crate motor engines are still pushrod technology making shitty hp. slowly import technology is being imployed into domestic cars and you would have to be blind not to see it. Any time you put a ford,chevy, or pontiac motor against an import motor with the same liter, i gurantee that the import is going to make more hp. I do love domestics and there power, but when it comes down to an argument about hp in motors wow there is just no argument!

Comment

Originally posted by mk3mann
              its still a PUSTANG.....

i HATE domestic cars....they are always trying to play catch-up
              PARRY, listen to this guy^ he said everying i said but in one sentence.

Comment

I dont know what this has to do with drifting or with the 1000 hp mustang but here goes. liquid, your a hater, as for "import" technology integration how about the relationships betwen japanese and american automakers? like your blessed honda using SATURN transmissions in some of there cars. or the fact that ford and mazda are so intermingled you cant tell them apart sometimes. If you just wanna talk big power and drag racing, there is a reason that the record books are divided between america and the rest of the world. na hp per litre? ya americans dont do it. stop acting like you built the cars cause you didnt. and there are plenty of sites to go to if you want to make up stories about stop light drags. this place is not about that f&f crap.

for personal preferance I like japanes cars. the aftermaket for some models focuses more on balance which is something I like. But for big power, americans tuners win everytime.

Comment

Domestic......download

domestic power

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid
                    Domestic......download

domestic power

OWNED

this picture says it all....to the DOMESTIC THUGS LMAO:
                    http://images.lamer.net/domesticthug.jpg

Comment

If American carmakers wanted to make 100hp per liter they could. No problem. But they don't. They still think like Americans. Big engine = big power. So the arguement that the Americans are playing catch up is pretty dumb. There is just no need for making 100hp per liter. Not here.

As for the car not making 1000hp, that's pretty stupid there too. Why can't it? Because it's Domestic and everyone who Drifts should know that Domestics suck? Please. Just because you hate Domstics doesn't mean they suck. It just means that you realy don't know much about speed. I've owned and driven fast vehicles of both variety. You can take any car and there is something out there faster. If not, someone will build it.

As for videos, there are videos out there for EVERYTHING getting beaten by something. No one remains top dog in any motorsport forever. Something faster and more nimble always comes along. I lay down 342 at the wheels in my FD and I've been beaten before. Not by much, but they are out there. I promise you.

Comment

lets not get to carried away with this drag racing crap, this is a forum about DRIFTING.....not 1000 hp mustangs that i see everywhere EVERYDAY.

they all sound the same, all drive the same and all look the same...all falling apart, door panals rattling, smell like cirgarette smoke and burn oil perfusly ( dont mind the spelling, check what time i wrote this)....

innovation is key to supiriority. The american car manufacturers dont innovate that much....wow caddilaccs NORTH STAR...why do you need a motor that has a system where it shuts down part of the motor when it overheats? thats quality LOL...

Imports are all about technology and teh younger more technologically advanced crowd....not the old fogies that bumble around in my neigborhood rattling my windows every friday night grrrrrr.....

I could go on and on about my side of the story....but the truth is the american car manufacturers jsut dont have the "cool" factor that they used to have......times have changed....its time to move on......

Comment

Originally posted by mk3mann
                          lets not get to carried away with this drag racing crap, this is a forum about DRIFTING.....not 1000 hp mustangs that i see everywhere EVERYDAY.

they all sound the same, all drive the same and all look the same...all falling apart, door panals rattling, smell like cirgarette smoke and burn oil perfusly ( dont mind the spelling, check what time i wrote this)....

innovation is key to supiriority. The american car manufacturers dont innovate that much....wow caddilaccs NORTH STAR...why do you need a motor that has a system where it shuts down part of the motor when it overheats? thats quality LOL...

Imports are all about technology and teh younger more technologically advanced crowd....not the old fogies that bumble around in my neigborhood rattling my windows every friday night grrrrrr.....

I could go on and on about my side of the story....but the truth is the american car manufacturers jsut dont have the "cool" factor that they used to have......times have changed....its time to move on......

Comment

Hmm. I agree that the cars aren't as cool as they used to be but every Mustang isn't the rattling door panel redneck machine that you think. My 90 model would tear my FD a new one and hang in the corners. It's all how you build it. Want a redneck machine, you can build it that way, want it to handle and be fast, well you can build it that way too. Want it technological and have little digital readouts on your twin turbo system in your Mustang, well, you can do that too. Doesn't matter what kind of platform you start with, the end result is what you put into it. But look around, alot of your old Mustang driving rednecks are now plopped in Honda's and Nissans. Let's not even get into how much more the police are looking at Imports now. Almost safer to drive a Mustang.

This is an age old arguement. Us vs them. Sad thing is, give me a budget and a 240 and a Mustang and my Mustang will tear that 240 up in every way, except gas mileage. Drag, Grip, AutoX, Road racing, the whole 9 yards and be cheaper. It's just a faster platform to start with. And it costs about the same as a 240. So why be a hater? Oh yea, it's not Japanese. Forgot that. It's not cool to be in a Japanese sport in an American car. How silly of me.

Liquid, i'm still wanting to see some dyno results on your supposedly stock 240 something at the wheels SR. I don't believe you. Not on stock injectors and stock turbo. Prove it.

Comment

wow, if i had one i would show it. Everyone knows that with the stock motor you can pull just around 250whp at 15psi with fuel tunning to match the increased boost. Theres no credibility issue here, its the internet......heh but i do have some pics of my car, thats all i can do for now till next time i go dyno which won't be for a while because i just tore my motor down so that i can pull it out and throw in some forgies.
                              Attached Files

Comment

mmm by this time next month im planning on pushing 400whp
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X