No announcement yet.

Pics Of The 2006 Rx-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of the GT-R, have any of you seen it yet. I've seen two concept photos being tossed around, and i haev to say it looks pretty good. It stays to the GT-R look from the earlier models. What do you guys think of it??

Comment

I've seen mock-ups of the next Supra (dont remember which mag I saw it in though)... Well actually, there wont be any Supra at all, the Supra will be replaced by a car called the 5000GT with a retro design of the 2000GT if the 60s. Expect a 5 liter V8.
      i think you got some bad info, cause i saw the next supra in the same magazine that had this rx-7 and it was labeled "Toyota Supra" it looked like an evolved form of the current one.

sorry i dont have a pic of it, i was too lazy to buy the magazine so i just riped out the rx-7.

Comment

I think it would be pretty stupid of either Nissan or Toyota to put V8s in either the new skyline or new supra. I have heard rumors that that may be true for both. They owe all their fame to the racing and power capability of turbos.

Comment

Originally posted by BENJO
          i think you got some bad info, cause i saw the next supra in the same magazine that had this rx-7 and it was labeled "Toyota Supra" it looked like an evolved form of the current one.

sorry i dont have a pic of it, i was too lazy to buy the magazine so i just riped out the rx-7.
          Hmmm...well i did get my info a while ago and it was only a drawing in a magazine. But I still hope it stays true to the 2000GT because that car was like the first Japanese sportscar.

BTW, what magazine and issue was the RX-7 article from?

Comment

Originally posted by MarshallMX5
            I think it would be pretty stupid of either Nissan or Toyota to put V8s in either the new skyline or new supra. I have heard rumors that that may be true for both. They owe all their fame to the racing and power capability of turbos.
            I disagree. When back when the Japanese just started building sports cars and racing them during the 60s and 70s, Nissan and Toyota use 2.0 liter V6s that were N/A in the oldoldold GT-R and 2000GT.

But those cars are overshadowed by the new cars.

BTW, sorry for the double posting.

Comment

BTW, what magazine and issue was the RX-7 article from?
              hmm its realy slippin my mind right now. i keep thinking car and driver but i know thats not it.. i know its car-something haha

ill go back and check tommaro. but if any of you get to a magazine stand before i do and wanna check it out, the whole magazine is about future cars and stuff. not a "import turner" type mag. maybe you could find it

Comment

Originally posted by Velvet
                I disagree. When back when the Japanese just started building sports cars and racing them during the 60s and 70s, Nissan and Toyota use 2.0 liter V6s that were N/A in the oldoldold GT-R and 2000GT.

But those cars are overshadowed by the new cars.

BTW, sorry for the double posting.

What does a V6 have to do with a V8? I think if your gonna put a V8 in a car, it better be american! Unless you have some cool lookin azn/american hybrid thing. Well look at the 427 Cobra. Its got a MG shell (or else i think it is) and a powerful american ford racing v8! Lightwieght (2,200lbs) and 400+hp! hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshallMX5
                  that's true

Comment

Originally posted by iownju

that is a photoshop of a miata with mazda6 lights. Coincidentially a few years ago there were a bunch of photoshops of ford foci with ford mondeo lights, and it turns out thats what ford has used in there 2nd gen focus.

Comment

Turbo-charged or V-6 or V-8...Seems debateable at the moment...I have a solution...Turbo-charged V-6/V-8...It's been done before, and some car companies are doing it now, with more cylinders in fact...

Comment

I seriously doubt the Japanese car comapanies are gonna turbo charge anything with more than 4 cylinders. Anyone notice how the only Japanese sports cars still with turbos are the Evo and the WRX and they are both 2liter fours. The Japanese government is cracking down on the turbo charged sports cars... look how the GT-R and Silvia died. Look how the JDM skyline doesnt have a turbo anymore, the Z is missing one too, so is the RX, check under the hood of a Soarer: no turbo! Its gonna go two ways...1. the tree huggers are gonna make us all drive 660cc econoboxes in Japan or 2. Japanese sports cars are gonna get fat with V8s.

But thats just my opinion...what do you guys think the future will hold for Japanese sports cars???

Comment

Turbo will come back soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
                            Turbo will come back soon...
                            :::Crosses fingers::: As much as I believe the Japanese are going to start building V8 muscle cars, I still hope they bring back the turbos too.

Comment

Ohh god the stupidity of people.

Toyota 2000gt engine - The 3M engine put in under the long-nose hood is the first 6 cylinder in-line DOHC engine in Japan.

NOT A V6

The Skyline never had a V6 ALWAYS INLINE.

The Z V6

A 30k V6 supra and a 50k V8 one car but competes with two the 350Z and the next GTR "saves money, smart toyota"

No expensive turbos. Thats a job for HKS

FLAME suit on.

Comment

I don't understand the 3rd section of your post. However as I said earlier, Japanese car-makers don't make much money or any money at all from sport cars. They're an image builder. Their best interest is not to cheap it out...

Comment

Working...
                                X