No announcement yet.

Pics Of The 2006 Rx-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't seem to find another working link...But I'll tell you what it is anyway. Imagine very hard...The entire video was a guy recording his gauge cluster(he has a boost gauge too) while driving his EVO. Every time he hit the redline he shouted out in the gayest way, "TURBO". He did it from the 1st gear to the 4th. It took him like 1 min to get the 4th gear. Then you here this dumbass at the end, "Damn thats fast!". I can't explain how pissed off I got watching it...

Comment

This concept drawing of the RX7 looks really nice. I'd like to know what kind of engine will it sport, a twin-rotor, turbocharged Renesis? As for the GT-R, I heard the rumors that it won't be powered by any of the RB series engines, but a cast-alloy block VQ32(35?)DETT. Yeah, the block probably won't be made of iron anymore. There is a probability that the Silvia will also be launched in something like 2006, but it's just an unconfirmed information from somebody working at Nissan Japan. It might use the RWD 'S' chassis. The Supra will have a V8 engine, probably a variation of UZ series motors, such as 3UZ-FE (4.3liter from Celsior, Aristo and Soarer). I've seen the concept drawings - it looks ugly! I'll try to find them and post them here.

Comment

"Every time he hit the redline he shouted out in the gayest way, "TURBO"." it sounds stupid and funny i bet he hits the hazard light switch and say "autobots transform and roll out!"
        i know of some stupid kid who crashed his STI and his parents bought him some damn hummer and then he got 28"s or something.

anyways i thought the renisis had such great engineering that very little could be done other than forced induction. i think some magazine said that even if you completely take off the exhaust the RX8 only gains like 12hp. speaking of mazda if this dealership i know has a local mazda mechanic fix it this friday i might pick up the RX7 soon. a 87 GXl with 89k <8- ) but whats up with the sport button and normal button?

Comment

RX7 Will come

Supra is definetly coming, supraforums has a few inside people that are giving us there latest tidbits, it IS coming out.

-Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by FC3SGTU
            RX7 Will come

Supra is definetly coming, supraforums has a few inside people that are giving us there latest tidbits, it IS coming out.

-Andrew
            yeah.....a back issue of road and track said the supras coming back but it's a hybrid thingin( i know hybrid) pushing like 400hp.....

All i have to say is this:

In the late 2006 and early 2007, it will be the "return of the crazy japanese cars"(something like that but more formal) you heard it from me first.

on another note.........i really want the new rx7 to surpass it's older models, mazda could pull it off.....

Comment

hey the renisis is pretty powerful. it pulls off 250hp stock and its a N/A. so just imagine if they made a decent turbo kit for it

Comment

Originally posted by rotarydrftr
                hey the renisis is pretty powerful. it pulls off 250hp stock and its a N/A. so just imagine if they made a decent turbo kit for it
                Actually it gets less than 250hp. It gets about 238hp at the fly and what gets to the wheels is a little over 180hp. Some people dont think its enough, but its pretty impressive if you look to the older N/A rotories and piston engines with the similar displacement of 1.3L Buts thats if youre on the side that says that the 13B gets 1.3liters in displacement, some people say otherwise but I forgot why. Can anyone tell me why?
                Last edited by Velvet; 09-12-2004, 07:15 PM.

Comment

i did not know it was just 180 at the wheels compared to 230 whatever. oh well but yeah that is still quite amazing. what is the old RX7? i think the N/A FC is supposed to have 160 so that is at the flywheel?

Comment

Originally posted by blargonator
                    i think the N/A FC is supposed to have 160 so that is at the flywheel?
                    I dunno. I havent seen anyone dyno a stock N/A FC. I estimate prolly around 120, maybe less maybe more?

Comment

z had inline sixs till the Z31

Originally posted by NextBoost
                      Ohh god the stupidity of people.

Toyota 2000gt engine - The 3M engine put in under the long-nose hood is the first 6 cylinder in-line DOHC engine in Japan.

NOT A V6

The Skyline never had a V6 ALWAYS INLINE.

The Z V6

A 30k V6 supra and a 50k V8 one car but competes with two the 350Z and the next GTR "saves money, smart toyota"

No expensive turbos. Thats a job for HKS

FLAME suit on.

the Z started with inline sixs under datsun and when became nissan became V sixs but japan still had the 200ZR with the Z31 body and a 2.0 inline turbocharged 6 cylinder

The Z stands for the six cylinder engine and the number for the engine liter size. But in Jdm they are all Fairladys and go by chassis codes.

Comment

You dare challange what i say. My words are as if spoken by god himself, or the devil. lol

Now why the hell did the name go from datsun to nissan?

back on the RX topic a 3 rotor for the RX7 would make more sense, turbo or supercharger are expensive, dame i would rather get a 3 rotory na then a 2 rotory turbo and BOOM "warrenty"

The engine From the RX8 would do wonders in the mx5 "i hate its girly-men name" thank god they never named the RX7.

Imagine the RX8 RX7 MX5 all on one chassis would be cost effective.

Rx8 -Renesis 2 rotor $26,680
                        RX8 -renesis supercharged "mazdaspeed" dealer option $4000

Rx7 -Renesis 2 rotor $28,000
                        RX7R -3rotor ??? $32,000
                        Rx7R Mazdaspeed 3 rotor turbo $36,000-38,000

MAZDASPEED MX-5 Miata rotory $25,000

Most of it is just my idea on how Mazda can spend some earnings.
                        I need a job at Mazda headquarters.

Comment

Of course you think for the good of all of us...But you're pricing estimates are very far fetched...I'll explain why. Sadly, most of you know Mazda is partly owned by Ford. Ford owns them enough to decide what vehicles to make and what options to include. As you know, Ford isn't doing too well right now...If Mazda will ever go supercharger, turbo or 3-rotor rotary(highly unlikely) they will have to get the green light from Ford first. Lastly, if you want goodies from Mazda, you gotta sleep with it's wife...

Comment

if only the wife was a stut........hey we can dream

Comment

Originally posted by blargonator
                              i did not know it was just 180 at the wheels compared to 230 whatever. oh well but yeah that is still quite amazing. what is the old RX7? i think the N/A FC is supposed to have 160 so that is at the flywheel?
                              S4 NA-140
                              S5 NA- 160

Theres a vid of a s4 whopping the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of a rx8 auto, s4 is modified but not much. I'll try to put the link up. RX8's are pretty reliable and quick, much faster than my fc but doesn't handle as good, most likely cause I have mods on it, we took it down a little canyon area and you can feel the horrible body roll, he was driving it. Then I drove it and felt its straight line accel, lighted up 2nd nicely. I talked to the mazda mechanics though and they said that if people leave the 8 for a week sitting it wont' start and needs all this bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
                                Of course you think for the good of all of us...But you're pricing estimates are very far fetched...I'll explain why. Sadly, most of you know Mazda is partly owned by Ford. Ford owns them enough to decide what vehicles to make and what options to include. As you know, Ford isn't doing too well right now...If Mazda will ever go supercharger, turbo or 3-rotor rotary(highly unlikely) they will have to get the green light from Ford first. Lastly, if you want goodies from Mazda, you gotta sleep with it's wife...
                                I'm not 100% sure but I dont think the Blue Oval has complete contol of Mazda like we think they do. Doesnt Ford own like 30 or 40% of Mazda stock? With this amount of stock, Ford can attend shareholder meetings and have an influence on the decisions Mazda makes. Even with this stock, there is still another 60 to 70% of Mazda being able to do whatever the heck they wanna do. But then again...40% is a major chunck of Mazda, enough to turn the Ford Focus to a Mazda 3....

Comment

Working...
                                X