$100 Hydro Ebrake how to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydro Ebrake

I've been collecting parts for this ever since I saw the GTO at Seattle HIN, I found a thread on the web discussing this install and they (Millen Motorsports) used a master CNC Master cylinder for the Ebrake, I didn't see how that would work with the resivour(spelling) and how it would affect the Main master brake cylinder....so I called them, spoke with Eric and he told me they installed a 2nd set of calipers in the rear(Wilwoods) to do the work and not cause negative feedback with the front and rear bias. Pretty cool, so I had already made a deal on a second GSL rear end (read rear disk's) and picked it up today. The rear calipers are perfect, small and compact, line is inplace, just need to install and plumb it in, alittle welding to add the new mount but other then that easy. Will post pics when I get around to this, coil conversion is first.

Comment

awesome! cant wait to see

Comment

so yeah if im dumb thats cool but i havent gotten the answer from reading the posts but i got an idea but i want to be sure!! i plan to purchase the staging brake soon, but i want to be sure, ur hooking this up to the rear line and the rear stays hooked up to the master?? so the rear brake still works normaly under foot braking?? just want to make sure i understand this right!

Comment

another cool way of doing it without the added rear calipers is to tee in a line lock (like used in drag racing) just before the e brake and adding a micro switch to the e brake setup so when you pull the brake it will not feedback to the master and the best part is you still have the front brakes on the foot pedal this is the system we use

Comment

the coolest way is to not ask question to a post from 2 years ago.

Comment

Wow, I guess bringing up old threads to get info is bad.
              Even worse I bet than clogging the boards with more useless posts, so people can tell you to search instead of helping you.

Comment

Last edited by FreeThinker; 03-11-2009, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SDARsupertuner View Post
                  another cool way of doing it without the added rear calipers is to tee in a line lock (like used in drag racing) just before the e brake and adding a micro switch to the e brake setup so when you pull the brake it will not feedback to the master and the best part is you still have the front brakes on the foot pedal this is the system we use
                  no, just do it like posted above. it works. that's is how mine is, your idea is complex. K.I.S.S. plus why would I only want front brakes?? I want all my brakes plus the hand brake incase i need one or the other during a run.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricer240sx View Post
                    so yeah if im dumb thats cool but i havent gotten the answer from reading the posts but i got an idea but i want to be sure!! i plan to purchase the staging brake soon, but i want to be sure, ur hooking this up to the rear line and the rear stays hooked up to the master?? so the rear brake still works normaly under foot braking?? just want to make sure i understand this right!
                    Just run the rear brake line into the Hand brake from the master cylinder then out of the hand brake and into the back brakes. it is super simple. hardest part is flaring the lines.

Comment

I hid mine under the center console. $20 master from a ****, an $8 heim joint and stock ebrake handle in parts, about 2 hours of mockup and installation.

Comment

That's pretty good stuff there.

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet View Post

I hid mine under the center console. $20 master from a ****, an $8 heim joint and stock ebrake handle in parts, about 2 hours of mockup and installation.
                          what master is that with in and out?

Comment

Yeah. What car is that cylinder from?

Comment

Thats a pretty sweet setup Free Thinker. Is this a general mod that will work for most cars. I have an 86. Is it that simple for my car to? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thats a pretty sweet setup Motdyn-Lslfd. Is this a general mod that will work for most cars. I have an 86. Is it that simple for my car to? Thanks in advance. Excuse the post above. Newbie..

Comment

Working...
                                X