VAUGHN GITTIN (D1GP WINNER!!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 110octane
    Congratulations Buddy!!! Words cannot explain the feelings that I have had since the event ended yesterday. All the hard work and sleepless nights just paid themselves off tenfold.

We have just rewritten the history books of a sporting event. It will never be the same anymore because of Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Falken Tire. I can't think of two more deserving people/teams.

Thanks for the great memories J.R....

See ya soon.
    Hear!Hear!

J.R., Wow like everyone else I'm speecless... It was like watching Team USA in the Olympics defeating USSR in Hockey. Yeah, that level dawg! This happend for a reason, the pure dedication to the sport by the Falken Tire Team and it's Sir Lancealot Hero of the Falken Kingdom Vaughn Gittin! Everyone in the stands started gaining US pride from your runs. Even the noob JDM envy fans that were rooting 'One More Time' began rooting for you as you were disecting the Top Level D1 Japan drivers. FIRST EVER FALKEN D1 VICTORY IN THE HISTORY! and it came from a U.S. driver. FIRST U.S. CAR TO PODIUM IN D1! FIRST NON JAPANESE TO PODIUM IN D1! The list can go on and on... and I think G.Hatt and Kelv and Stretch had tears in their eyes. It was dope!!!! Awesome Job to all U.S. D1 finalist.
    Last edited by kurumakun; 12-18-2005, 12:05 PM.

Comment

The cards were definitely in JR's favor after Kazama defeated himself with his unexplained understeer. After Nomukens crash, Kazama, Immamura, and Kumakubo did some very unexpected stuff that day. When JR got to Top 4, It was pretty much over. Nobody from Japan's top were even in the top 4 and the way JR was driving was ridiculously consistent. Congrats JR for doing your thing.

JROD, you're sounding very racy yo.

Originally posted by kurumakun
      Hear!Hear!

J.R., Wow like everyone else I'm speecless... It was like watching Team USA in the Olympics defeating USSR in Hockey. Yeah, that level dawg! This happend for a reason, the pure dedication to the sport by the Falken Tire Team and it's Sir Lancealot Hero of the Falken Kingdom Vaughn Gittin! Everyone in the stands started gaining US pride from your runs. Even the noob JDM envy fans that were rooting 'One More Time' began rooting for you as you were disecting the Top Level D1 Japan drivers. FIRST EVER FALKEN D1 VICTORY IN THE HISTORY! and it came from a U.S. driver. FIRST U.S. CAR TO PODIUM IN D1! FIRST US DRIVER TO PODIUM IN D1! The list can go on and on... and I think G.Hatt and Kelv and Stretch had tears in their eyes. It was dope!!!! Awesome Job to all U.S. D1 finalist.
      Last edited by SpoonFork; 12-18-2005, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Its all about JR taking FD next year! go JR GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Yo...... JR,

The event started out with the fans cheering for their favorite Japanese drivers.......... then by the final four to hear the crowd chanting....

USA.....USA....USA

And then in the finals to hear the entire place SCREAMING VAUGHN VAUGHN VAUGHN

It was one of the most memorable nights of my life! You made all the painstaking nights, blood, and broken bones building that car worth it! To see a good ol' American boy standing on top of my American Drift Machine on American soil only solidifies what i have believed all along...........

You are our American F*****U*****C****K****I****N****G ROCKSTAR!!!

Thank you for making our dreams a reality!!!!

Vaughn Gittin JR, Drift Alliance, Xtreme Mustang Performance, and Falken Tire are WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Comment

Congrats to JR and Team Falken! Way to represent the USA!

Comment

I personally hate..hate...HATE mustangs..so it was definately a strange experience cheering that hard for one.

Hate mustangs or not you gotta admit that it was pretty poetic that after all the talk and rumors about D1 being fixed so that an American would never win..that the car which finally takes it is one as iconic as the mustang.

I think, in part to JR's incredibly consistant driving..another factor was fear.

I really think that after they saw him make it to the top 16 they got scared of the car.

Comment

Wow didnt know until now. Congrats JR. Good Job!!

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Another huge victory in drifting and it could not have been done better that by a guy who is so commited to the sport. If anyone said the American's would never be able to catch up to the J guys, Saturday proved that it is not only very possible, it will likely be the norm from here on out. What a better way to confirm that all the practice and development the boys have received from the FD events around the country have really paid off because one of our guys has now beat one of their guys. What's going to be next? Two American's in a D1 final? Rhys and Vaughn? Rhys and Ken? Sam vs Forsberg? What does that mean for drifting in America? Will I be hung, lynched and tarred and feathered if I say that the best drifters in the world in the next few years will be based stateside?

Congratulations Vaughn, you rock bro (tear)!!! Team Falken congratulations, DA boys congratulations. A huge victory for one of our FD boys and American drifting.

Comment

Yea, congrats to JR and Team Falken he owned it.....that was huge

Comment

Yes!!!!!!!!
                        Hubert Young
                        KORE 8 Films

Comment

Congrats Jr. on being the first American D1GP winner. First, Grand-Am Cup. Now D1GP. The S197 is takin' over the freakin' planet!!

Comment

I cannot begin to tell you all how happy\proud and beside myself I am right now. This is the biggest dream come true that i could ever imagine. Im not gonna go crazy and write a book here. I just want to let everyone know how thankful I am for all of the support I have recieved the last few years from all of my friends, family, sponsors and most importantly my fans and the fans of drifting in America in general. I am hopeful this is a wakeup for everyone in the world that all of America's drivers are dedicated and with enough confidence and heart, what was thought to be impossible can be accomplished. I am hopeful this victory does amazing things for drifting in America and opens doors for America's amazing up and coming drivers as well as world wide.

Thank you all for your amazing support!

2006 is going to be INSANE!

HAppy Holidays and New year!

JR
                            www.driftalliance.com
                            TEAM FALKEN

Comment

Great job again JR! Whenever you're out this way again, let me know, I'd love to stop by and say hello bro!

Comment

Originally posted by SpoonFork
                                The cards were definitely in JR's favor after Kazama defeated himself with his unexplained understeer. After Nomukens crash, Kazama, Immamura, and Kumakubo did some very unexpected stuff that day.
                                I wasn't there to witness these unexplained moves they made but these are some of the reasons I been hearin on the whole event being rigged.

Comment

Working...
                                X