VAUGHN GITTIN (D1GP WINNER!!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NiteKids
    I wasn't there to witness these unexplained moves they made but these are some of the reasons I been hearin on the whole event being rigged.

I don't think its that rigged. Watching the thing up close they were legit mistakes. Nomuken would not go out and intentionally crash his car. Trust me even with big sponsors, they don't want to build $100,000 cars over and over just to make the show good.

Thanks!
    Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

Rigged????? When I sit here and think about your post i can only say this........actually i am not gonna waste my time. It was not rigged. Buy the DVD and watch mistakes unfold round by round. Yes they are some of the best drivers in the world but mistakes will always happen. I am sure the judges never saw this coming. And when it was the final round the judges probaly looked at each other thinking god only knows what!

I bet that was one LONG silent plane ride home for those guys.

Topics

ps YAO JR! WHAOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Comment

Why do people immediately jump to conspiracy theories?

Comment

Originally posted by j.r.
          I cannot begin to tell you all how happy\proud and beside myself I am right now. This is the biggest dream come true that i could ever imagine. Im not gonna go crazy and write a book here. I just want to let everyone know how thankful I am for all of the support I have recieved the last few years from all of my friends, family, sponsors and most importantly my fans and the fans of drifting in America in general. I am hopeful this is a wakeup for everyone in the world that all of America's drivers are dedicated and with enough confidence and heart, what was thought to be impossible can be accomplished. I am hopeful this victory does amazing things for drifting in America and opens doors for America's amazing up and coming drivers as well as world wide.

Thank you all for your amazing support!

2006 is going to be INSANE!

HAppy Holidays and New year!

JR
          all i can say you the man big man you make as proud by you jr cong.....
          (626) 786-7444
          (818) 897-7445

Ask for CHRIS

MILANO MOTORSPORTS-Front-Clips
          -Engine SWAPS/Installation
          -Used Parts - all that and a bag of chips
          -350Z used parts

www.Turboneticsinc.com
          www.cxracing.com
          www.kaazusa.com
          www.coopertires.com
          www.specclutch.com

Comment

Originally posted by BenR
            Why do people immediately jump to conspiracy theories?
            Yes, funny how people think sometimes.

JR drove his heart out and he deserved it! Go Falken!
            Hubert Young
            KORE 8 Films

Comment

To be honest...... all of the US driver's drove their hearts out. that is what made this event so insane! All the US driver's and US drifting deserve this win. We have the talent, now we also have the cars to compete with theirs', and JR was flawless during tandems. Everyone makes mistakes but even without them, JR rocked Irwindale on his own!

I was there in the pits, i saw the judges faces, i saw all the runs. They couldn't do anything but give the win to JR. He outdrove EVERYONE that night and with 10,000 fans watching, they had no choice but concede to the raw talent, power, and heart of JR and his Mustang!

This is a monumental win so enjoy every minute of it Buddy!

Rock on!

Comment

With JR's win and the Americans as a whole driving their hearts out Formula Drift in 2006 will be amazing!

So stay tuned and all you drift fans get ready for Long Beach Grand Prix when Round 1 of Formula Drift is upon us, Drifting on the streets of the LBC, Snoop D-O-Double-Drift-L

Let's see how the Japanese do in our world in 2006, it promises to be insane!

Comment

looking at the vids, JR was rockin. He plan out won. I do however still beleive the japanese have better car control. Watching them on some of the tight courses, or roads, i would love to see the american drivers get a chance. Instead of on a big open track. Im not saying the american drivers cant do it. Like a japan vs american on pikes peak!

Comment

doesn't count, NOB and Ueo weren't there. just kidding. This changes the world just watch.

Comment

Originally posted by NiteKids
                      I wasn't there to witness these unexplained moves they made but these are some of the reasons I been hearin on the whole event being rigged.

.....wow, some people will never learn. I speak for everyone that was there when i say JR kicked *Censored**Censored**Censored*. The J guys did good, but I think JR said it bes in his post race interview. He said something like, "today was my day, i was on and stayed on" something like that. And he wasn't lying. So no i CANT believe it was rigged, at all. You guys should stop with all that. I am sure the Japanese drivers wanted to be beaten at their own sport by a good ol' american boy in his Mustang. And i do believe those drivers got a firm talking to by tsuchiya afterwards about losing the race. But yea it was rigged.........right

conspiracy theories....from people not present....how does that work again?
                      Last edited by slide; 12-20-2005, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I was a spectator in the VIP stands and let me tell you that I heard nothing but praises for JR. I thought the Kazama battle was short(we were all screaming for one more time on that one), but I thought the judges were very fair for the entire event. All the people I saw approved with all most all the scores. Great job JR again(will you ever get tired of it?)

Comment

I dont want people to think I'm taking anything away from JR (we all know he kicked major butt) but I don't think its unreasonable for people to wonder if the event was rigged. Again, not taking anything away from JR or trying to say anything negative, just after watching the videos I also think it was somewhat strange how the top J drivers made those mistakes in the final rounds. I think thats what people are thinking about when they voice that question, nothing negative towards JR. I think people have to consider that the J drivers are drifting a track they rarely get to drive and they are over 3000 miles away from home (time differences, etc, etc). So maybe that can kind of explain why they might be more prone to make mistakes we rarely ever see them make. I highly doubt anyone rigged the event, thats just how it played out. Anything can happen, and always does. I think if anyone has the ability to "rig" the event its the fans shouting one more time. Even if there is a definative winner, they shout one more time and that last round just got cancelled out. Well anyway, regardless of all that, congrats again to JR. Really nice drifting!!

Comment

Well, as far as I heard during D1GP, the American drivers all want to go to Japan to race over there on "their" grounds. Hey, the home team wins, it happens all the time.

Comment

people have been talking about D1 being rigged for YEARS!!

kazama winning twice here in the US, and the season as a whole this year in Japan, even though he's backed by Keiichi's company?

i remember that debate after D1 in february!

Comment

keiichi was talking about jsut that very thing at the start of the event... thatd be cool.

oh, and congrats JR... its been a while since I screamed that hard at a drift event.

Suuuuuuuper consistent. seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X