Seriously, why do kids in Canada/US call their CDM/USDM cars a :

- Silvia
    - 180sx
    - Sileighty
    - Hachi Roku
    - Soarer
    - Aristo(sp?)
    - Whatever

Call me silly goose, but what good does being a poser do?
    Seriously the people in the sport/game aren't stupid, so who
    are they out to impress?

I can accept Sil40 for example since its a hybrid, but not the
    official JDM name. I don't get it.

My name is Gautam, and I drive a 240SX.

Well lets see, to answer your queston, it's cause they can. It's their car, they can call it whatever they want to. It is a way for them to feel closer to something that they love and care about.

My name is Ghost of Duluth and I drive an FD, RX7, RXD whatever I want to call it. If you drive a 240SX, whoopie. It's things like this that get flame wars started and the whole JDM thing going again. No need for it.

Comment

because they can and its whats "IN"
      but i dont know why it all started, one of my friends call me
      "kidstyledrift" or something like that. and my mom says im a white japanese kid and i was japanese in my last life

Comment

since when is a hachi roku a car? Anywho, i believe they just think there chassis is a (rp)s13, FD, FC, EK, EG, etc. ehhh, as long as they have actual parts from a JDM chassis im fine with it. I just hate it when people say they have a S13 when it's obviously a 240, without a conversion. lol Oh wells. making a thread about it wont change anything, maybe just help some people realize how they dont know what there talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by TokyoDrifterxo7 I just hate it when people say they have a S13 when it's obviously a 240, without a conversion. lol

Not to like dissagree with you or anything, but my 240sx IS a S13, thats its chassis code. even says so on the damned car.

Its not a Silvia, or a 180sx or a 200sx. Its a 240sx, a S13 240sx. Dirived from the Silvia.

All of the those cars, from 89-94 share the s13 chassis.
          Last edited by nissanguy_24; 02-05-2004, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TokyoDrifterxo7
            since when is a hachi roku a car? Anywho, i believe they just think there chassis is a (rp)s13, FD, FC, EK, EG, etc. ehhh, as long as they have actual parts from a JDM chassis im fine with it. I just hate it when people say they have a S13 when it's obviously a 240, without a conversion. lol Oh wells. making a thread about it wont change anything, maybe just help some people realize how they dont know what there talking about.
            when people say that have a s13 its because 'THEY DO" its the chassis model in japan or america.

Comment

Damn, I thought we were gonna play a game...

Comment

we are, its called "correct the newbies", this forum there is somany newbies, but its fun unlike other forums that im on where they all know all about 240sx's.

Comment

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                  Damn, I thought we were gonna play a game...
                  Pick a number, any number...

Comment

My names jay I drive a LEFT HAND DRIVE USDM MA70 7M-GE powerd Toyota Supra!!!!! And I live in japan.

Comment

Comment

i think people are just getting too damn nit picky about this stuff.

I think somebody can call their own car whatever they feel like calling it.

I remember ASAD or some other super knowlegdable freshalloy member broke the entire american Chasis code down, which was some weird string of letters like mghs13.
                        You can guys can go on and on about noobs, ricers or maintream sheep, but I don't think the original poster knows what the USDM chasis code is.

The R, S and the 13 can be left when describing the USDM 240's because R=hatchback S=generation. It's only the P that stands for SR20DET.

So before you mount on to your high horse, just remember that you don't know everything and that this isn't some elitist undergound scene like hardcore punk or backpacker hip-hop heads.
                        Last edited by gundamzeta; 02-05-2004, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Gonad, I fully understand where you're coming from. Nissanguy, you've got the right logic going on. Yes, it's fine to say s13 and such because it tells me what kind of 240 it is...it's not fine to call it a silvia and whore it up with silvia badges when it obviously isn't. I mentioned that in the post about some kid who put up pictures of his 240 with Silvia markers on it...I don't give a flying fizzuck that you got a new motor and blah blah blah, it's still a 240 and now amount of silver plastic writing is going to change that.

Comment

It really doesnt mater what a person calls there car. Silvia 240sx... by a name.. it doesnt mater.

Many people have fallen in love with the Japanese Spec Silvia. They take here 240sx and try to get them as close as possible, as far as im concerned if there running with a Silvia motor. and especialy if they have Silvia body panels then it is a Silvia. And they can truthfully call it one if they wish. wether they spend money on silvia badges or not. They love something they dont have so they try to get as close to it as possible.

Whats it mater if it was originally sold as a 240sx? we arent talking about a guy who takes his accord and puts a skyline body kit and gtr stickers. where talking about a S13, the simple fact at a certain point on the assembly line you couldnt tell a Silvia from a 240sx coupe.

There all S13s there all dirived from one another, whats it mater what they call them? its just symantics. 240sx, Silvia.. these are just names the marketing people choose out of the blue, for these cars. Especialy with the 240sx.

Besides Silvia is a more attractive name anyday..

To me a S13 coupe with fixed headlights is a 'Silvia' for all intents and purposes, doesnt even need to run a sr20 for all i care.

It doesnt mater what someone wants to call it. and referring to there 240sx by something other then 240sx dosnt make them a ricer. even if you dissagree with that, i wont consider them one. Hell i namd my car, i call it by her name.. i dont think thats any different.

Comment

Uh,

2!

I've gotta go find me a used VF-1A. And mod it with some foot-thruster/afterburners. Wonder if greddy makes those 50-state legal. Nothing's gonna drift as well as my guardian. (I DARE somebody to yell at me for not calling it a "gerwalk")

guess i'm stuck in my "FB" for now though. (wait for it...

Comment

Working...
                              X