Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post

change is coming!
    ol lord, you just opened up a whole other can of worms....

Comment

is Obama's wife going to start drifting now? or did somebody just get fired....

Comment

No one got fired and please dont let this turn into a political thing!

I was just looking for an excuse to use the omama "change" picture...everyone's doing it!

Although it might not be so far off...we'll see what happens after tomorrow.

Comment

its a cool picture,

Comment

update on casper canul.

he screwed arnold and the IRS oh and the city.

so they are going in dry on his *Censored**Censored**Censored* and it wont be pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER View Post
              update on casper canul.

he screwed arnold and the IRS oh and the city.

so they are going in dry on his *Censored**Censored**Censored* and it wont be pretty.
              ......who is this???

Comment

After talking with some people at Sevenstock over the weekend it seems like the team is going to be doing a few "interesting" things next year.

They certainly have an "interesting" driver line up and it seems that they're actually going to try and start a drift school in mid 09.

However the impression I got from talking to one of the team members seems like its really going to be an autocross school.

They couldn't name any teachers with drifting experience...only those who compete in time attack and autocross...and they're going to "teach grip first."

I had a convo with Mr. Montgomery but that pretty much equated to a big "?"

I guess we'll see what happens...I'm going to keep trying to find out what I can.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                  After talking with some people at Sevenstock over the weekend it seems like the team is going to be doing a few "interesting" things next year.

They certainly have an "interesting" driver line up and it seems that they're actually going to try and start a drift school in mid 09.

However the impression I got from talking to one of the team members seems like its really going to be an autocross school.

They couldn't name any teachers with drifting experience...only those who compete in time attack and autocross...and they're going to "teach grip first."

I had a convo with Mr. Montgomery but that pretty much equated to a big "?"

I guess we'll see what happens...I'm going to keep trying to find out what I can.
                  Sounds like the way this program has been from day 1. A lot of big ideas and promises, with little to no follow through. The cars have been 'in development' for a year and a half, yet they're still "scary to drive" according to some drivers. I don't think there's been a public event yet where all 3 cars have mechanically performed during the entire event. And the publicity they've gotten outside of this message board has been almost non-existant.

Does everyone in the industry know about these cars? yup. Does anyone have anything good to say (aside from those who are just trying to make sponsors happy) ? Not that I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                    Sounds like the way this program has been from day 1. A lot of big ideas and promises, with little to no follow through. The cars have been 'in development' for a year and a half, yet they're still "scary to drive" according to some drivers. I don't think there's been a public event yet where all 3 cars have mechanically performed during the entire event. And the publicity they've gotten outside of this message board has been almost non-existant.

Does everyone in the industry know about these cars? yup. Does anyone have anything good to say (aside from those who are just trying to make sponsors happy) ? Not that I've seen.
                    Trust me..I know things look bad...I'm just trying to reserve judgement until I can get some more hard facts as to why things are the way they are with that team.

If anyone has a story positive or negative that they can back up with hard proof. This would be the place to post it.

Comment

I knew about the school thing, but slick Billy kept telling me it was going to be a drifting school, they were going to rent out the cars at a cheaper price to beat out the competition, I assumed that Naoki was involved since he is linked through the allstar website, that was a surprised after i talked to Naoki around the beginning of the year and he said that he would never work with anybody that was linked to this guy named Roger that owns the parking lot/track in Laughlin that jipped him on a invoice. Bill and Roger was going to set up some ride along and a small show during the Laughlin Bike run of course that fell though. before it did we went to Laughlin and did a demo for some city officals. Thats when I saw that Bill used my driftallstars.com on a banner without my permission, I let it slide thinking maybe this guy really just wanted to work together. After some talks and insight of how drifting works, Bill made it clear that his team was going to be called Team Allstars powered by Mazda. At least this is what he started to use in his articles on his website. After leaving his team by being mislead and him lying to his team, he went back and changed his articles from team allstars to drift allstars. I confronted him and told him to change it, I really dont want him to ruin a name and .com that i owned for four years now and hope to build from it in the future. Of course he didnt and it still in use on his site. This might not be hard proof but i do still have a bunch of receipts for slick billy that I never got reimbursed for and probably never will.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftallstars View Post
                        I knew about the school thing, but slick Billy kept telling me it was going to be a drifting school, they were going to rent out the cars at a cheaper price to beat out the competition, I assumed that Naoki was involved since he is linked through the allstar website, that was a surprised after i talked to Naoki around the beginning of the year and he said that he would never work with anybody that was linked to this guy named Roger that owns the parking lot/track in Laughlin that jipped him on a invoice. Bill and Roger was going to set up some ride along and a small show during the Laughlin Bike run of course that fell though. before it did we went to Laughlin and did a demo for some city officals. Thats when I saw that Bill used my driftallstars.com on a banner without my permission, I let it slide thinking maybe this guy really just wanted to work together. After some talks and insight of how drifting works, Bill made it clear that his team was going to be called Team Allstars powered by Mazda. At least this is what he started to use in his articles on his website. After leaving his team by being mislead and him lying to his team, he went back and changed his articles from team allstars to drift allstars. I confronted him and told him to change it, I really dont want him to ruin a name and .com that i owned for four years now and hope to build from it in the future. Of course he didnt and it still in use on his site. This might not be hard proof but i do still have a bunch of receipts for slick billy that I never got reimbursed for and probably never will.
                        I found out about Roger after Bill and I had been talking earlier this year. For myself, I don't have any plans with Bill at All Stars.

The only thing I found strange was he wanted to develop a school for Drifters to become professional competitors in Formula D, yet a driver he has planned to compete for 2009 hasn't contacted me to compete in the Nationals to renew their license. If he petitions this driver with FD, isn't he contradicting himself?

Naoki
                        www.driftday.com

Comment

When I talked to them about the drift school program at Sevenstock they didn't mention Naoki or drift day...in fact they didn't mention too much of anything.

I didn't get any names but I was told that the one of the instructors is a multi-time SCCA solo class champion...and the other instructor (the guy I was talking to) does autocross and time attack but I can't remember his name and didn't get a card. I do know that he takes care of the team's youth marketing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftday View Post
                            I found out about Roger after Bill and I had been talking earlier this year. For myself, I don't have any plans with Bill at All Stars.

The only thing I found strange was he wanted to develop a school for Drifters to become professional competitors in Formula D, yet a driver he has planned to compete for 2009 hasn't contacted me to compete in the Nationals to renew their license. If he petitions this driver with FD, isn't he contradicting himself?

Naoki
                            www.driftday.com
                            Either way, your still affiliated with him as you are listed as a partner for 08 on his site, sorry for the confusion,

Comment

Drift Day is still number one in my book which doesn't leave any room for any other schools, and if drivers wants to get better to compete for FD, drift day is the way to go, proven fact...
                              Last edited by Driftallstars; 09-29-2008, 08:49 PM.

Comment

I miss old Paul.

SIKE

Comment

Working...
                                X