No announcement yet.

TEAM ALLSTARS (Feedback)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was asked to manage the Allstars, to develope the cars and drivers, I managed to improve the cars and got some better drivers on board but was never really allowed to "manage" the team, I wanted to develope the cars a lot more and to eventually have the drivers compete in events but realized that My direction for the team was not Bills direction for the team so Lisa and I resigned from the team
    I do wish Bill and all the drivers all the best but we are happy to do things ourselves, budget permitting you will see both of us drifting next year
    thanks

Leon Styles
    manager for Lisa klassen

Comment

Just wondering, but why does everyone hate the Miata so much?

Comment

Originally posted by atlantian View Post
        Just wondering, but why does everyone hate the Miata so much?
        No one here hates the Miata...we're only talking about Team Allstars and their Miata in particular.

Seems like the main complaint is that its basically a MX-5 cup car and not really set up to drift.

Comment

I see, I just saw "don't step foot in a miata" and "my wife said hell no"... hmm

Maybe they should start supplying you guys with Elises..

Comment

Don't worry, I hate the Miata.

Comment

atta boy Brian! You keepses it realz

Comment

Looks like Alex Pfeiffer is driving the Miata in Formula D last round. Glad he found a car but is that his only choice or what.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftallstars View Post
                  Looks like Alex Pfeiffer is driving the Miata in Formula D last round. Glad he found a car but is that his only choice or what.
                  bad choice of car, but he showed they're true potential...who would turn down a free ride???

it was nice hearing a high raving na other then rolla, but still those cars need work!!!

Comment

yeah your right cant beat free, the car needs more steering angle, also if i remember it still had the stock diff, also the brake system is crazy, tilton floor mount pedals and a crap CNC hydraulic e brake tapped in, but you got to love the cosworth motor and side pipe.

Comment

Okay, first the Miata MX-5 brake system is derived from the RX-8... one of the hardest-stopping production cars in the world. The Speedsource team won 3 straight ST class championships on those brakes! Second, the rear hydraulic e-brakes must be tapped in because no one (no brake manufacturer) makes a replacement rear brake for the MX-5 or RX-8. Third, more steering angle can be had from the car, as Alex and I talked about that this weekend, but he qualified in the Top 16 in his first time in the car. How bad can it be?

This isn't a hachi with 20 years of motorsports development behind it! This is a car in its first three years of production, and sorting them out takes time. The rear suspension is particularly problematic because it's designed to add both camber and toe as the back of the car rolls in the corner. These changes are designed to work with grip driving. As of yet, as far as I can see, the rear control arms haven't been changed, nor has the rear geometry. As a result, during lift throttle conditions when drifting, the MX-5 will over-rotate. Alex and I talked about that some too. Obviously, during his practice and qualifying, he simply stayed on the gas and clutch-kicked the hell out of it like it's a Corolla! Hiromi didn't, and as a result, spun out several times. This is not to say that Alex is any better than Hiromi, just that it suits his Corolla-trained style.

Finally, this car uses a very nice TORSEN differential. This diff does lock up at a fairly low amount of throttle input. I have one in my RX-8 and I really like it.

Comment

ummm.. isn't Hiromi a 86 driver too?

Comment

LOL,

Hiromi is a ae86 master as well as Alex

Alex is just a cut above.

Comment

After talking with all the parties involved I think that things will take a turn for the better come next year

Comment

They are going to send the Miatas to the scrap yard?

That IS good news!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                                They are going to send the Miatas to the scrap yard?

That IS good news!!!
                                Do you take classes on negativity or does it just come natural hmmm??

This whole situation isn't beyond saving..nor are the cars...its just gonna take some work..and after speaking with some key people on both sides I feel like the work is going to get put in to turn everything around.

Comment

Working...
                                X