TEAM ALLSTARS (Feedback)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow this drifting stuff is nuts

so many movie plots.. im going to be rich.

all we need is that lady to come back who sold her heart to that one drifter guy and he burned out on it haahah.

ps

on the real.... good stuff that you guys are keeping people in the know about things like this. that guy looks familiar... like i have seen him on some dvd's or something. likes the color red.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftallstars View Post
      lol, I heard someone from cooper tires had there way with one of the models and got caught by bill,
      Yeah, that was at SEMA last year.

I promise to get someone pregnant there this year!

Comment

well i heard tire smoke lowers the sperm count..

F yes!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
          that's exactly what I thought

talk to him once... seemed like a nice dude.

I couldn't really get a angle on him though, big budget team... but no attempt to run in a pro series.

All demos

I don't know... hope he gets his act together.

What is Leon doing now, he had a bunch of great ideas despite his chick prodigy.
          I was up at big willow in my s13 last week with brogers and we ran into leon--him and lisa were filming something for that tattoo show and had a subaru and an evo on the trailer.. it looks like they're having lots of fun, I wish I ran into them more at regular drift events though

Comment

The whole time I've been reading this thread I kept feeling like I had done this before and then I remembered a previous thread about this team.

Those here who know me also know that I always try to be objective.

The main complaint I keep hearing about IAS so far in this thread is $$$

I'm not taking sides here...but I remembered that the IAS drift team is NOT...repeat NOT a factory team. I remember talking to Jim a while back and he said Mazda only provided them with the cars. Everything else was paid for by money from their sponsors, mostly Circuit City which is Bill's trump card.

I can't speak to the "does he know what hes doing?" argument because I don't know the guy that well...I've talked to him a few times and he seemed nice enough.

However as far as him trying to get everything for free...while straight up asking for free stuff all the time isn't nessasarily the best way to get support...I could understand that his actions wre possibly because they dont have the budget that everyone thinks they do.

Each car they have (there was supposed to be three and I believe they only ended up with two) cost about $50k to build. So they easily spent $100k so far. Then theres the rig but I'm not really sure how much those things cost. I'm gonna say at least $15k..its probably more but I'm gonna be conservative.

For a team that wasn't even meant to be in competition...$115k is pretty generous from a sponsor. I don't see them getting much more money than that. Especially when their title sponsor Circuit City was/is already paying to be the presenting sponsor for Formula D.

I remember the previous thread when people were ragging on them for the drivers they pick and it was "blah blah how could a big company like Mazda not do this or not do that" and I had to keep telling people that Mazda does not own the team nor were they factory funded....just had the cars provided. And not built cars..I'm talking bodies in white bare bones cars.

Things could have changed since then, I haven't talked to Jim since round 1 at Long Beach.

However I plan on getting in touch with Jim soon. I'll try to keep you guys posted on whatever is suitable for public info.
            Last edited by MonkeySlide; 09-24-2008, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Mazda may have given them cars INITIALLY and no money at that point in time, but Mazda has DEFINITELY given them money since then. Notice that Circuit City is no longer on the side of the cars? I've heard the amount of money that Mazda has given the team, and it could buy a 5 bedroom house in some parts of SoCal... wait a second, how big is Bill's house?

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                Mazda may have given them cars INITIALLY and no money at that point in time, but Mazda has DEFINITELY given them money since then. Notice that Circuit City is no longer on the side of the cars? I've heard the amount of money that Mazda has given the team, and it could buy a 5 bedroom house in some parts of SoCal... wait a second, how big is Bill's house?
                After speaking with the guys at Mazda earlier this year I kind of doubt they gave them THAT much money.

But like I said I'm gonna look into it.

Comment

Save Colin Frost

Comment

to be honest i am not trying to ruin anybodies career here but just pointing out the facts, even though i don't like the guy I would like to challenge him to up his game. first, stop playing around with demos and ride along,

second, they need some real competition, not this team drift BS, head to head, heat of the battle type competition, stop being safe, there is more to lose but more to gain. Its time for them to take off the training wheels.

There are three cars that are built the same, They came as shells and if you notice some of the sponsors are the same for the atlantic series for mazda i.e. Cosworth, Moton, ect, some sponsors pulled out like Circuit City, I dont think its because of rumors of being bankrupt but maybe the fact that the guy sat on the first car waiting for the second to be built. It was a long time that they did not do anything but show the cars and I think the money ran out and Circuit city decided not to renew there sponsorship.

If Mazda wanted to make a presence by spending some cash, really what they have done was put a dollar amount on how much it takes to get the same reaction from somebody as they would from a really good pro drifter, in this case i would say, at least $150,000

Comment

like i said before.. all i'd need is 1/3.
                      that would fund my program for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by JTP View Post
                        like i said before.. all i'd need is 1/3.
                        that would fund my program for the year.
                        THIS MAN DESERVES IT!! His program is top notch, despite being bottom dollar!

I'm rooting for ya at Irwindale - top 16 and you should be in for Red Bull

Comment

when i see tangelo's rx8 i think mazda. when i see the mx5s i think mcdonalds. i also never think about or see the mx5s unless someone is complaining about them.

i'm just a drifting fan being honest.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Haire View Post
                            when i see tangelo's rx8 i think mazda. when i see the mx5s i think mcdonalds. i also never think about or see the mx5s unless someone is complaining about them.

i'm just a drifting fan being honest.
                            I agree. Seeing Justin Pawlak, Tony Angelo, and Ryuji Miki drive makes me dig through classifieds and find an FC / FD / FE to build into a drift car.

Seeing the Miata's parked in the pits or doing something on the track (I won't mention seeing them drift because I have yet to see that happen) makes me think of clowns, elephants, and a ringmaster because that program is such a circus.

Saying "international all stars" or "drift miatas" to people who have been involved with the program at one point or another usually just makes them start to shake their head before you can actually say anything else.

Comment

I own a FD and a RX8 and I luv it, thought about buying my wife a MX5 but she told me hell no.

Comment

You know, I was just thinking...

both Mickey Andrade and Tree Feierday haven't picked up jobs since they left Falken tire. If either of those guys were managing the AllStars drift team and given the green light to run the program properly, there's no doubt in my mind that they could get a podium finish and probably a top 10 overall finish in points within 1 calender year.

Comment

Working...
                                X