No announcement yet.

TEAM ALLSTARS (Feedback)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't reccomend being involved with Bill Montgomery or IAS at all watsoever. I made the mistake of giving him a chance, and only faced BS and drama for months following. I still love all the guys driving those things, and Foothill for maintaining them, but couldn't take Bill's BS anymore.

That's about all I'm chiming in on this one.

Bill Montgomery = Bad Business.

Comment

very well put, the rule of thumb usually you can have it fast, cheap, and quality but you can only pick two, but the team owner/manager says that there is no budget and pushes everybody including the drivers to go out and find money and get more sponsors. If i am a privateer already looking for sponsors and this team is suppose to help eliminate some of that stress and help develop skill with better equipment but in reality your in the same situation as before then why would you want to do that for somebody thats not even going to give you a return on your investment.

To be honest i was soooo happy to see pat go to braille (and great job in Sonoma by the way),just because i know that he will be able to grow instead of being strung along for so long.

Comment

So...

Who is who in this pic?

Comment

The one that is squatting is the owner/manager, the two on the left is foothill auto formally know as monster fab, next the them, i think thats drew, awesome driver, ran the 24 hour rolex in a RX8, the guy next to him is the owners friend, and the asian guys run auto cross in a honda civic.

Comment

that's exactly what I thought

talk to him once... seemed like a nice dude.

I couldn't really get a angle on him though, big budget team... but no attempt to run in a pro series.

All demos

I don't know... hope he gets his act together.

What is Leon doing now, he had a bunch of great ideas despite his chick prodigy.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
              that's exactly what I thought

talk to him once... seemed like a nice dude.

I couldn't really get a angle on him though, big budget team... but no attempt to run in a pro series.

All demos
              The "all demos" plan wasn't his alone. That was the direction Mazda wanted him to go. The team was conceptualized around the now defunct Champ Car demos and Team Drift. The big budget was to make sure they'd have a major presence at all those events.

I urged them to go into competition and it was something that would remain a possibility but they wanted to get a solid driver commitment and develop the cars further to make sure they could be competitive.

Comment

Sliding cars around.... sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post

- Jonathan Martin (?)
                  I don't think Marty is a part of All-Stars anymore....

Comment

ha! B.Mont-gimme-money is a smooth operater and he'll only tell you what he thinks you want to hear. I realized that the guy is a total sham. He had one of the best drivers in Casper Canul. But he hosed Casper and that was plain wrong. He once even tried to run a practice event at the NOS center through Drift Buffet. He was so uninformed about how things work that I refused to work with him again.

B. Mont-gimme-money has no idea of how to run a motorsports team. He sells frickin road cones for his day job. The only thing IAS has a a few cute models. If Bill really wanted to be successful he should let someone that know what they are doing run the show and he should sit back and let things roll. But He is more like the AL Davis of drifting. Ruining a good thing through micromanagement and lack of true knowledge about motorsports. Car shows are one thing but running a drift team is an entirely different animal.

I would only recommend that the drivers use him for what he is - A stepping stone to secure a real deal from a real team that will pay you real money.

Comment

yeah, you see Terry i cant get away from these clowns, he is not as bad as Paul, but if you know you cant swim, don't jump into the pool.

Comment

I would love to have just 1/3 the factory support that mazda is giving this team. I'm positive my program could market mazda in a better fashion, with better results. I look at those cars and see such a waste of money, it's frustrating. So much money spent on all the wrong things.

just my 2cents.

JTPDrift.com

Comment

I got cockblock once by him... dammit. almost had that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Comment

yep! JTP, AWR builds cup cars not drift cars, they totally took the cars in the wrong direction from the get go, but whats really frustrating is even if you tell him (Bill Mont gimme money) what needs to be improved, he expects you to pay for it and do all the work for free. I remember one time they burned out a fuel pump from running out of gas cause there was no fuel gauge, The guy is so cheap he would never go and get one, You would think that would be more important than blowing up a Cosworth motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
                              I got cockblock once by him... dammit. almost had that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.
                              lol, I heard someone from cooper tires had there way with one of the models and got caught by bill,

Comment

Damn, I was just thinking

"Wouldn't it be beautiful if they gave Tony and Justin a bunch of money and a couple RX8s for a real Mazda drift team"

Comment

Working...
                                X